am I the only one who didn't jump on the "Boot" fashion-wagon?

I'm wearing a grey tunic, black leggings and black high boots right now. I've had all these elements in my closet 3-5 years. It's not a new trend.

A "trend" doesn't mean it's never been done before. It means the clothes/fashion have been deliberately put into retail circulation in greater numbers than the past year.

Boots aren't a "new" trend; they're just trending this season.

A "trend" doesn't mean it's never been done before. It means the clothes/fashion have been deliberately put into retail circulation in greater numbers than the past year.

Thanks for the lesson in fashion. ;)

This has been my basic go-to outfit since the eighties. I've seen it trending in fashion magazines many, many times between then and now. In or out of vogue, I find it comfy and will contunue to wear it 'til my body tells me I can't pull it off.

I live in boots for at least 6 months of the year and have for the last decade :confused3 I don't get what else you'd wear in the winter?

Thanks for the lesson in fashion. ;)

This has been my basic go-to outfit since the eighties. I've seen it trending in fashion magazines many, many times between then and now. In or out of vogue, I find it comfy and will contunue to wear it 'til my body tells me I can't pull it off.

I didn't mean people shouldn't wear boots when they're not trending! :flower3: I just meant you'll most likely see more women (especially the youngish ones) wearing fashion boots this fall/winter.

"High Fashion Boots for Winter
It takes guts and sex appeal to face the winter cold with the most stylish walks, and this season boots come with high fashion in glam rock, fur or velvet, with studs, buckles, laces, heels and wedges, knee-high or ankle. And when the temperatures get really stiff the boot is available in embroidered shearling, soft as a glove with voluminous fur cuffs."
http://www.footluxe.com/2011/10/sparkling-fall-winter-2011-2012-fashion-shoes-trends/

I'm really into fashion and I can get a bit fashion-snobby when discussing the topic. I'm sorry!! I'm trying to get off my fashion high horse!

That said, check THIS out:

hoof-boots-300x180.jpg

Would you wear these?? Fashion, trend or not, I'd never wear these!!:laughing:

I live in boots for at least 6 months of the year and have for the last decade :confused3 I don't get what else you'd wear in the winter?

I'm thinking the OP was referring to fashion boots and not weather boots.

I like boots but I don't get the you have to wear them everywhere! Even my husband has commented about the boot craze all over and he doesn't notice anything! I also don't get the Uggs in the summer? Don't their feet get hot? I know people love Uggs but I tried them on once and my feet looked huge! They just aren't for me.

We went pumpking picking and on a hayride the day after a big storm and everyone has these fancy boots on! Also my daughter's school Halloween parade standing in wet muddy grass, everyone in fancy boots I had my sneakers on both times!

I like boots but I don't get the you have to wear them everywhere! Even my husband has commented about the boot craze all over and he doesn't notice anything! I also don't get the Uggs in the summer? Don't their feet get hot? I know people love Uggs but I tried them on once and my feet looked huge! They just aren't for me.

We went pumpking picking and on a hayride the day after a big storm and everyone has these fancy boots on! Also my daughter's school Halloween parade standing in wet muddy grass, everyone in fancy boots I had my sneakers on both times!

see? This is what I am talking about...they're EVERYWHERE! :rotfl: If I saw a pair actually on someone like what Aisling posted, omg, I would have to walk away quickly before commenting. I was getting pillows today with my Penneys coupon ($10 off if you spend $10 so 2 free pillows !YAY!) anyways, the line was long and every female in it had on fashion boots...I was just like, dang, I wish I had a camera to post this on the DIS!(I don't pay for the picture option on my old fashioned clam shell phone ;))

I didn't mean people shouldn't wear boots when they're not trending! :flower3: I just meant you'll most likely see more women (especially the youngish ones) wearing fashion boots this fall/winter.

"High Fashion Boots for Winter
It takes guts and sex appeal to face the winter cold with the most stylish walks, and this season boots come with high fashion in glam rock, fur or velvet, with studs, buckles, laces, heels and wedges, knee-high or ankle. And when the temperatures get really stiff the boot is available in embroidered shearling, soft as a glove with voluminous fur cuffs."
http://www.footluxe.com/2011/10/sparkling-fall-winter-2011-2012-fashion-shoes-trends/

I'm really into fashion and I can get a bit fashion-snobby when discussing the topic. I'm sorry!! I'm trying to get off my fashion high horse!

That said, check THIS out:

hoof-boots-300x180.jpg

Would you wear these?? Fashion, trend or not, I'd never wear these!!:laughing:

Maybe to Chick Fil A on dress like a cow day for free food. But I'd have to wear them for many years I am sure to get my money's worth.

Good gravy are those things hideous!

I don't think boots are a new trend. People wear boots every winter, and have been since forever as far as I know!

She's not talking about USEFUL boots. She's talking about the fact that for a couple months now it seems that every shoe ad has been for boots of all, mainly useless, sorts.

What's not to love about boots??? :confused3

Oh so many things for those of us who are not boot lovers...

I have never ever in my life been able to wear boots - I have freakishly thick calves. Even when I was super skinny, my calves were still too big to wear boots. I remember when I used to ride horses and clean out the stables, I had to wear my friend's dad's boots, which were way way way too huge on my feet but the only ones that fit over my calves. So needless to say, I hate boots!

My mom shared with me that the trick is to zip zippable boots down at your ankles, then pull them up. Gets a boot on when it won't go on by putting them up to the right height and zipping. Still hate em though! (she loved them, which is why she had them)

Good explanation!

A good friend of mine LOVES boots, wears them often, buys them all the time. Just because she is like this didn't make them a trend.

But right now, it's much much easier for her to find the objects of her affection, and all sorts of new ways to wear them that would have been laughed at before (and will be "what was I thinking'd", in a matter of years) like wearing them with shorts...shudder. Because it's a trend.

Of course there will always be people who just flat out LIKE a look, and wear it forever. I ADORE the 90s look of a sundress with bike type short under it, with tennis shoes, and in fact I was wearing that in the 80s before anyone else was, just because I liked the combo. I still would wear it, too. But it's not a trend if I do! Just my own personal questionable fashion sense (got the Dee-Lite Groovy Dresser award in my dorm, lol, as a statement of how my RA felt I dressed). :3dglasses

I have one pair for when it snows or if I go to some place muddy! They are big and clunky and hurt if I wear them too long since they hit my shins, and they are highly functional and will last forever because I so rarely wear them! We are a rare family in the PAC NW because NONE of us have rain boots!

Just curious, my brother and his family live in Suffolk England and they wear "Wellies" much of the time. Are those the boots you wear?

i've worn boots for a long time. i love them, actually. i don't wear them with shorts though (but do wear them with certain skirts). also, i don't wear them in the summertime.

i find them really comfortable. i don't wear boots with high heels though. i rarely wear high heels at all. i sometimes wear them to church on sunday mornings, but just had a baby. i don't feel comfortable teetering around while carrying him. ;)

I have totally jumped on the boot wagon. I wear them all the time, now that the weathe is cooler. I don't get the wearing them in hot weather, but since the beginning of October I wear them 3-4 days a week.

I like the way they look on me and I will admit I like to dress somewhat trendy (not New York type trendy, but midwest type trendy which is usually New York type trendy two years later :rotfl: )

Because of this I don't spend a fortune on them. I do own some Uggs, but those are great when it's cold so I don't consider those trendy. My fashion boots I usually keep to under $75. That way I don't feel bad if they are out of style next year and won't get worn much then. Heck, I bought these ones at Target last week for only $44 and I love them.

I am a bootaholic! Best thing about colder weather is I get to pull out my boots!

I have over a dozen pairs...before anyone loses their mind about this I happpened on a sale 2 years ago when it was almost spring. All boots were 90% off at a Dillards that was closing I spent 2 1/2 hours going through each and every box of boots they had. I got 6 lovlies that day for next to nothing.

Didn't think it was a fad. I have been wearing boots all my life!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter