• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Am I the only one who cried?

valeriesunshine

And then.. Voldermort was like, WOAH.
It didnt really hit me till the "VMK is Closed'' sign popped up. I started bawling my eyes out. My hands went numb and I was shaking. I cried until 10:20. just sat there and cried...

Anybody else?

:hug: It happened to me exactly as it happened to you. I was fine until the closed sign popped up, then I couldn't stop crying. I didn't sleep last night either for all my tossing and turning. :(

Living In The Uk I Had To Sign Off At 8PM GMT. And So I Only Had 5hrs really to play vmk. I Still Cried A Bit But I had a whole night to sleep on the fact vmk is closing it will be gone tomorrow.
I Still Have A Place In My Heart For A Game. BUT NOTHING will replace vmk!
Hugs:hug:
Danielle
Formaly PrettyBlondeOrange on vmk.

I was crying off and on all day yesterday. Try not to cry when you're at work! :sad2:

But I pretty much sobbing after close last night. I still have a headache and I'm still fighting off the tears.:sad1:

It didnt really hit me till the "VMK is Closed'' sign popped up. I started bawling my eyes out. My hands went numb and I was shaking. I cried until 10:20. just sat there and cried...

Anybody else?

It happened just this way for me too :sad: :sad: :sad: Thank goodness for my sweet Hubby who was there to hold me.

At least I wasn't the only person in the world. I cried like little baby, just seeing Pirate dissapear into that black screen and seeing that awful message I almost fainted. I just stood quiet for a moment and put my hand in my mouth and just started to cry it was just an awful moment:sad1:

Hugs to you all!:hug:

Because some of my dearest friends on VMK had to leave before the end, I'd done a lot of my crying earlier in the evening. By the time the close notice came up I was so over tired (it was 6am here by that point) that I was feeling rather numb. I'm still feeling a weird sense of detachment, as if it all happened to someone else, but I think it may catch up with me sooner or later.

Hugs to you all, for making the magic happen these past few years :hug:

I was crying off and on all day yesterday. Try not to cry when you're at work! :sad2:

But I pretty much sobbing after close last night. I still have a headache and I'm still fighting off the tears.:sad1:
Same here. Try not to cry at work when you are a 42 year old man. Crying over a kids game (that's what they all think around me, but we know it was so much more). I cried at around 10:00pm eastern when my DS12 had to log off for his final time to go to bed. Then it cleared up and hit again when the closing came. I cried for about 30 minutes. And here I am again at work reading this with tears welling up in my eyes again.

I feel the same way. I am not working today, so I am still crying again. :(
- MICKEY HUGS - for you cteddiesgirl and for everyone on this board. :hug: :grouphug:

*I* cried and I never even played the game. 12 & 9yo DDs were the players and VMK was their THING. 12yo has Asperger's and depended on it for her social outlet. We homeschool, so I gave them the day off yesterday to play and let them stay up until 1am for the closing. 12yo didn't get a bit of sleep, she was so upset. She did tell me that she understands and she knows that things have to change (VERY mature of her!), but it doesn't stop the pain of losing your friends.

I've been sending tons of pixies to everyone impacted by the loss, but I had no idea how much *I* was going to feel it FOR them. :sad1:

I did/felt the exact same thing! It didn't really set in that it was closing until that last message popped up. At that point I started shaking and crying. I was dreading those last few minutes...I almost didn't stay up for closing, but I knew I would regret not being there until the very end. I had such a hard time sleeping last night and now my head hurts today just from even thinking about it so much.

I really wasn't upset about it closing until now because I started remembering why I started playing and it brought back so many great memories from WDW, etc...

Thank you everyone...hugs to you all...and thank you VMK for giving us a chance to experience your greatness and to create so many memories we will never forget!

I was doing ok till I watched Ink's video then I could not stop the water works. Hubby kept checking in to see if I was ok. Even reading this thread makes me cry. As I said crying at reception of an architect and design frim just does not look good. Thank goodness for visine :)

Hugs to all. Yup stayed up to Midnight never ever have I done that on a weeknight and tosted and turned all night. Up at 5:30am for work. I could not bear to see the DC message. To me Littlebelle was left in her castle suite floating on a cloud with rainbows with fireworks all around her. That is the memory I will have of my last moments on VMK.

Add me to the list. I was mostly fine until the black screen came up and little wdwdreamin disappeared forever. At least I'll be able to relive some good moments as I sort through all the pictures and video I took. I swear it seems like I took as many as I would on vacation!!

My son cried for an hour before he finally fell asleep.

So did I.

Same here. Try not to cry at work when you are a 42 year old man. Crying over a kids game (that's what they all think around me, but we know it was so much more). I cried at around 10:00pm eastern when my DS12 had to log off for his final time to go to bed. Then it cleared up and hit again when the closing came. I cried for about 30 minutes. And here I am again at work reading this with tears welling up in my eyes again.

Hi.

My name is Scodaddy, and I have been pushing down the tears as well
[group: helloooo Scodaddy]

I'm happy to discuss this 'in the parking lot' with anyone who thinks a grown man shouldn't be effected by the loss of something that was intended to generate an emotional attachment ;)

Like many of you have said, I also cried once I saw the black screen with the message. I was on IM with one of my friends who had dc'd a few minutes earlier :( and was telling her I could not bring myself to close the box. I must have stared at that message for about 15-20 minutes before I brought myself to closing the window. Through out the day I was strong for my friends, trying to make them laugh and remember the good times on VMK. Hugs my VMK and DIS family:grouphug:

I cried, only earlier. My daughter and I decided to take a final tour together. We went through all the areas that we "gloved". Said good-bye to friends that we made. Tried to fufill "wants" that had never been gotten. I cried that no one was willing to part with their Minnie hat for my daughter. We then went to my room, I had finally gotten the castle room last weekend, and I actually had the castle prop that fireworks came out of. We watched the fireworks, then we went to her room. We placed my dog, Walt, with her dogs Mickey and Minnie, so no one was alone. Then we went to the castle forecourt to say goodbye to Walt and Mickey statue. While there I watched one girl beg another girl to never forget her. This is when I really lost it. Then my daughter and I counted down, and disconnected at the same time, around 9:30 est. We then held each other. It was something that we loved to do together, and I will miss it.

I had waterworks going last night, and I am still fighting them off.

For me the worst was all of the in game messages of goodbye. :sad1:

If I had no way of contacting my VMK friends, I probably would have last night, but thanks to the Disboards and the other VMK forum I visit, I've had no need for tears, since I can still talk to everyone I would have otherwise talked to on VMK.

I am crying on the inside. The thing that I miss most was my character, some may know her as Dis, Disney, Yensid, Fan, or just plain coodisneyfan. She was the embodiment of my personality, who I was that I couldn't let out. She wore crazy yet cool clothes, had temper flare ups that got her in trouble, did stupid and crazy stuff, and most of all, made friends. If I could have given her any name so that she could actually some how come into reality it would have been Jia Disorder, she was my alter ego, the pixilized character I grew to treat with respect. Aww crud, now I really am crying. :guilty:

RIP
coodisneyfan
Autism could not stop this character from being herself when nobody thought she could. She shall be missed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter