• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Am I the only one that doesn't hate WDW during busy seasons?

When do you like to go to WDW?

• Only the off-season for me!

• I like the peak season.

• I don't like the peak season, but I don't have a choice.

• I don't really care one way or the other.

Results are only viewable after voting.
My fiance' and I like going during the holidays, which I guess isn't technically Peak season but it's close.;)

We feed off the crowds excitement. Long lines don't bother me, we use the fast pass system. Don't mind the waits at bus stops, and for eating we try to make several PS arrangements. I'm pretty easygoing at WDW!

We went for the 4th of July last year and are going Christmas week this year. Hopefully we can keep the tradition of going during the holidays. (I'd like to try for Halloween or New Year's Eve on a future trip!)

Diznee25

We prefer the offseason visits but also choose and enjoy our visits during holiday/busy times. It is fun no matter what time of year.:)

Originally posted by Hayley
Glad to see I'm not the only hot, sweaty nut who is sublimely happy in the middle of a sea of people trying to get out of the MK after the fireworks!

Thanks for the responses!

Add me to this group.:bounce: :Pinkbounc

DS is 11 so we can only go during peak season. I go expecting it to be hot and the parks to be packed. With the use of fastpass and EE we don't spend much time waiting in line. I think the crowds add to the thrill of being in the parks.

This summer will be our 2nd summer visit. I'm also planning to go during Christmas and maybe Easter 2004. Until DS graduates, we're stuck with peak season.

We're going 7/04 . Two of our trips have been during April
vacation and one trip in November. I really want to be there during July 4th(I know a lot of people think I'm nuts...) . We aren't traveling with kids so we enjoy the nightlife. I can't wait to go in the summer!!! And I'll be celebrating my 50th birthday there!!!

airhead

Although I would love to go in the off season with two kids-one in school-we are really limited to school vacations for our visits. We are fortunate because our daughter is out of school in early June so we can visit before the big summer crowds arrive. Even a crowded day at WDW has to be better than not being there at all:teeth:

I have to say i like WDW in the peak season.

I think some reasons for this would include Optimum park opening hours, and the atmosphere in the parks when they are almost bursting with capacity!

Carene

At this point in my life we don't have a choice but to go during the summer months. My 13 year old son is in Catholic School and they frown (very big frown) on kids missing school.

I 've been there during the off season when he was young and before he was born. I do remember it was cold when we where there one April. And one January that DH and I were there before DS was born we also froze. Now early May was nice but again; those days are gone for now.

So for us it's either July or August and I've rather adjusted to those months.

Due to kids school schedules and work vacation times, we;ve ONLY gone in the so-called peak seasons. We've never had a problem (maybe because that's all we know) and have to say that you make your own problems or solutions anyway ! There have been times when the we were there that the parks were closed due to capacity and we learned of it only after we'd returned home.
I think it helps when you know what you're doing, but after a few trips, thats a given anyway.
WDW in 2004 !!
:earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsboy: :earsgirl:

The only times I won't go at all are Easter weekend and Christmas week. I go for most other federal holidays.

I don't care about the park hours anymore because I end up going to PI by 9 PM anyway.

What I do during the day varies a lot according to the season...I'm getting into water park season now.

We used to go during February every year but after DS started school, we started going during the summer or Spring Break. I like peak season much better! February was often cold and everything closed early and a lot seemed to be down for refurbishment.

Of course, the parks seem to be closing earlier and earlier at all times of the year lately and I'm not real thrilled about that. For example, during this past Spring Break MK closed at 7 every night but Saturday when it stayed open until 8. Whoopee. :rolleyes:

:earsboy:
I don't honestly know if weve ever gone
during a "quiet period". We've always
gone during peak times to take advantage
of the extended hours.
We've been there during New Years, 4th
of July, Labor Day itself, Memorial Day,
Spring Break (easter and President's day).
Christmas week is craziest, then the 4th week.
We're going this summer, and then
again during New Year's!
Having kids in school makes it very difficult
to go when it's non-peak.
We' ve learned to deal with the business..

I don't honestly know if weve ever gone during a "quiet period". We've always gone during peak times to take advantage
of the extended hours. We've been there during New Years, 4th of July, Labor Day itself, Memorial Day, Spring Break (easter and President's day). Christmas week is craziest, then the 4th week.
We're going this summer, and then again during New Year's!
Having kids in school makes it very difficult to go when it's non-peak. We' ve learned to deal with the business..
Hey jdonat!!! , thats almost identical to us!! We love all the busy times you mentioned.:)

Love the suimmer time at WDW./ I also have no choice, as I am teacher. But we go for at least 2 weeks & take our time. When it is too ho, we stop. when we are hungry, we eat (very forrest- gumpian).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter