Am I the only one that does not get the appeal of the swimming pools?

stevenpensacola

<font color=red>Sometimes I sits and thinks, and s
Granted...the Mickey Pool is great if you're a little kid, but getting in the little family pool and the adult pool has absolutely no appeal to me....the one time I went in the family pool, I almost felt like I was swimming in a hole.:confused3

I only like Quiet Cove...sitting in the shallow water next to my DW while listening to the music and drinking a BBC (and another). When I get too warm, I can take a quick dip. Being from the Midwest (and now the Rocky Mountains), I enjoy taking advantage of the Caribbean sun....

My youngest DS loves the Mickey pool and slide....

My middle DS loves the Mickey slide, but prefers the Goofy pool for "swimming" (aka bobbing) ....I wonder why as I agree that it's just a big hole...I think he enjoys playing with the other kids.

My oldest DS doesn't really enjoy the pools, but will join my middle DS in the Goofy pool for short periods of time....

We don't dig the pools much either. When it comes to swimming, we all prefer the ocean to the pool. Given the choice between Club activities or the pool, our kids will pick the Club activities every time.

We enjoy the adult pool and hot tubs. I like you can sit on the ledge and be wet but not totally.

I still have yet to get in any of the pools on my DCL 5 cruises to date. Too busy doing other stuff I guess........:rolleyes1

My kids loved the Mickey pool(but I could not believe they did as it is so crowded). The goofy pool was very surprising to me how small it was. The pools were the only thing I was not at all impressed with.

Ten years ago when DCL started, their pools were a good size in relation to other ships...but since the dawn of the mega liners....DCL's pools seem small and antiquated.....especially the Goofy Pool. I do enjoy the Quiet Cove Pool but I think they can do a heck of a lot better on their future ships.....

RCCL has some beautiful pool areas...

Granted...the Mickey Pool is great if you're a little kid, but getting in the little family pool and the adult pool has absolutely no appeal to me....the one time I went in the family pool, I almost felt like I was swimming in a hole.:confused3

I do like the adult pool.....when my kids are at the kids clubs I do go there. My kids don't care for the kids pools too crowded. They always make the comment we have a pool in our backyard that's bigger. We'll swim when we get home.

I've hopped in a few times just to cool off, but don't spend much time in there. The MOST fun I had was our last cruise when we had some rough water and the adult pool was like a wave pool. I spent about an hour in there with 2 other brave souls. What a blast!!!

The MOST fun I had was our last cruise when we had some rough water and the adult pool was like a wave pool. I spent about an hour in there with 2 other brave souls. What a blast!!!
My family and I love being in the pool when the waves get big.

I love to sit on the edge at the adult pool. I spend most of my time there on sea days. No need to get a chair, I just sit in the water.

I agree that the Goofy pool is like a "hole". We avoid it at all costs during mid day on the sea days.

I do love the adult pool and sitting on the ledge. You're just wet enough to cool off without actually being submerged.

Do not understand why the family pool isn't designed like the adult pool.

Hopefully the pools on the new ships will be better designed.

The adult pool appeals to my husband to do laps. For me, it's all about the whirlpools. Sheer relaxation!

We have a pool at home so that's not a huge thing for me, but I love laying out at the adult pool, listening to the music while facing the ocean with a nice cool drink! :cool1: I can't look at the ocean while I'm laying out by the pool in the desert! LOL!

DS loved the Mickey Pool and slide. DH and I don't care too much for the pools. We prefer to keep busy with everything else on board the ship or just relaxing in a shady spot. :)

I think it depends on what part of the country you are from. The northerners (our friends we travel with) love the pools because they don't get the opportunity to enjoy them as much as those of us from the south.

My kids like the slide on the Mickey pool but the number of kids swarming around in there is a little overwhelming. The pools themselves were not a big draw for us but we live in a warm climate and swim in our own pool for most of the year.

Well, we are from the northeast and are cruising in December, and the pools still don't have an appeal for us. The beaches, however, do. My wife and I were considering the whirlpools perhaps when DD made the comment "why would you guys want to sit in a big hot bowl of stranger soup?" :rotfl2:

Well, suddenly the whirlpools don't seem quite as appealing anymore either. :lmao:

But I can see how some are drawn to them, especially the little ones. But there are so many things on board, and so many nice beaches, that I think we'll pass on the pools. But again, thats just our take on the deal. ;)

DH and I have yet to get into any of the pools. Ds usually gets the urge to get in the Goofy pool later at night, then I will go and watch the big Tv while he swims. We have a pool at home so I guess that is why the pools don't call to us either.

Well, we are from the northeast and are cruising in December, and the pools still don't have an appeal for us. The beaches, however, do. My wife and I were considering the whirlpools perhaps when DD made the comment "why would you guys want to sit in a big hot bowl of stranger soup?" :rotfl2:

Well, suddenly the whirlpools don't seem quite as appealing anymore either. :lmao:

How about some kid soup? :rotfl:

2311067408_eec3625ff1.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter