Am I the only one on the 5/14/06 Wonder?

Will the person with the email that starts with:
jrm
On Yahoo

Please post and let us know who you are.

Thank you.

Hi everyone,
Please forgive me for jumping in on your thread, but I wanted to warn anyone who is either drving in from another state or flying in and renting a car that there are several road closures near the port due to heavy smoke from brush fires. I was afraid if you lived out of state you may not know this. The alternate routes will take up to 90 minutes longer to get to the port, depending on traffic. Plan ahead of time, look at a map and have 2 or 3 alternates because the road closures change all the time as the wind shifts.
They have signs saying the rod is closed, but they dont tell you where to detour too!! We almost missed the ship on Thursday. There are signs saying to tune in to 1300 a.m. on the radio for road info, but there was nothing being broadcast, luckily for us we live in florida and knew the names of towns to head for and eventually we saw a DCL bus full of people and followed it to the port. Call 511 before you start for the port and that should get you some current information and allow extra time to get there.

Again, I'm sorry to but in on your thread, but I just wanted to make sure everyone knew about these closures so they could plan other routes and NOT miss the ship!!

I wish all of you a Magical cruise!!

mom x4,grandma x4

P.S. if any of you go to the late night dessert buffet, would you look and see if there are any sugar free desserts and let me know?? DH is diabetic and always misses out on this event and someone said they now have sugar free too, but i would love confirmation on this. Thanks!

Thanks for the info. I think there are some folks driving so I hope they will look at your message. Some of us are taking the DCL busses so hopefully they know their way around.

If I make it to the midnight dessert buffet I will try and check for the SF desserts and report back.

Thanks again!!

Jill in KC
4 days and 18 hours until I leave for the airport.

I will be sailing on the 4 Night Wonder departing May 14. :cool1:

I didn't know their was a midnight dessert buffet. I thought it was only on the Magic. Thinks for the tip. :)

It's almost here people :cool1:

We leave Indy @ 7:30 a.m. tomorrow for a one night stay at Ron Jon's then off to the ship. WooHoo :cheer2:

Everyone have a safe trip!

Sandy P.

Be sure to look for our signs! There are Monkey Grass Girls on almost every floor and we will have our signs up.

BON VOYAGE!

We'll be on this cruise tomorrow!
I booked it very last minute on Thursday morning :eek:
It was a surprise for my mom for Mother's day and her 60th birthday :teeth:

I flew to Ft. Lauderdale yesterday (mom lives in Deerfield Beach) and we are driving up tomorrow!

All of you are probably already in route or in WDW, but I thought I'd try posting!

Are you all doing any kind of DISmeet?

Hi and Welcome! A couple of us just arrived on Orlando today. We are going to try to meet on Deck 10 just before the sailaway party.

Welcome from the Monkey Grass Girls!

Jill in KC :sail:

I'm leaving at 5:30 in the morning for Orlando!! See you there! I'll be on deck 9 with Jill and YFam and the rest of the MGGers for the sail away party.

Black shirt, blue tank top, pigtails. We'll plan more meets during the cruise maybe?

Im all packed! It's a miricle. :Pinkbounc Now I have to get to sleep tonight...I'm toooo excited!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter