• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Am I the only one aggravated by the interactive queue's?

wendy1974

DIS Veteran
I understand the point of installing the interactive elements in the stand-by lines of attractions like WTP, HM and BTMRR was to keep people esp. children busy while waiting for the ride. However, I have noticed on previous trips that this often contributes to longer wait times in stand by lines because people are playing on different things and not paying attention to the line moving in front of them. I don't care if people want to stop and play on the interactive elements in the HM line but when I walked past them they would get mad and make coments about cutting in line. I just feel that the stand-by times are greatly effected by this. Has anyone else noticed the same thing or do you think it doesn't really effect wait times?

I've noticed it as well, but if the person/party/parties don't move on within 60-90 seconds I go around them. There's no sense in my family being tied up because others are involved in the interactive features.

I noticed it on Pooh, but that is the only ride I didn't FP that would have it. I think everyone's advice to scoot around them if they are engrossed is ok.

Yeah, I give them a few seconds, then I just go around them. If they want to play, then they should be able to, but don't get angry if people go around you. I know I didn't care if people went around when we were checking out the interactive elements.

Seven dwarfs line would move A LOT faster if they turned off the interactive games. It's quite mind blowing to see so many people distracted by a game and to see such huge gaps in the line.

Play the game if you want but if there's a huge gap, I'm not stopping to hold the line up. The games are meant for kids. Let the kids play then when the line wraps back around, the kids catch up.

I don't mind people playing with the interactive games in line, but people need to be more considerate to those behind them in line if there's a big gap in front of them.

Seven dwarfs line would move A LOT faster if they turned off the interactive games. It's quite mind blowing to see so many people distracted by a game and to see such huge gaps in the line.

Play the game if you want but if there's a huge gap, I'm not stopping to hold the line up. The games are meant for kids. Let the kids play then when the line wraps back around, the kids catch up.

I don't mind people playing with the interactive games in line, but people need to be more considerate to those behind them in line if there's a big gap in front of them.
This is exactly what I meant when giving the example. If there's a space big enough for 15-20 people and you're standing there playing then I think people should be able to walk around. I've just never seen that happen without the people holding the line up getting offended when people walk around them. I don't care if you stop to let your kids play.

I agree that people get involved in the activities and don't pay attention that the line has moved ahead, but I don't think it adds to the overall wait time. In my experience, when the line finally moves up, we just end up stopped again.

It might very well be true, but it's the whole perception of it making the line longer that's important. It's HARD to see a huge gap in the line and just stand there. The feeling of being in motion is important. The feeling of the line being shorter is important enough that they've put in these germ-spreaders (sorry, interactive queues), but now they are making the line feel longer to those of us who want to be in motion. A constant slow shuffle is better than stopping to wait for the games, then speeding through the big gap, then stopping to play the games, etc etc.

If you time it, you will see they don't add to the overall wait time at all. It is like driving fast to wait at a stop sign. The interactive parts are mid line, you will still get to your destination ride. If you don't want to participate, you don't have to, you will still get to the entrance.

This is exactly what I meant when giving the example. If there's a space big enough for 15-20 people and you're standing there playing then I think people should be able to walk around. I've just never seen that happen without the people holding the line up getting offended when people walk around them. I don't care if you stop to let your kids play.
That's because people are rude.
Simply ask are you going to move up or stay here. Most cases they are not noticing the line moved or they will move too.
If they want to stay and play then that's different you asked first but simply going around them is really cutting if you want to get down to it

I don't like the interactive games either OP. I'm in the camp of keep the line moving. And those games are germ factories. Ick.

I saw a family who held up the line for 10 minutes playing the game at 7DMT and they started yelling at the people who went around them, calling them line cutters. (This was in early Dec. 2014)
I was in that line and getting very frustrated with it not moving because of people playing games. It was nice when we started moving again because folks were going around those people.

If you time it, you will see they don't add to the overall wait time at all. It is like driving fast to wait at a stop sign. The interactive parts are mid line, you will still get to your destination ride. If you don't want to participate, you don't have to, you will still get to the entrance.

I agree with this. I can't imagine it adds much time to the wait if anything at all. Just because there is a gap in the line doesn't mean you're actually waiting any longer. It just means people haven't moved forward yet.

That's because people are rude.
Simply ask are you going to move up or stay here. Most cases they are not noticing the line moved or they will move too.
If they want to stay and play then that's different you asked first but simply going around them is really cutting if you want to get down to it
Yeah, line gaps bug me too. And I would also definitely ask before cutting in front of people.

I don't like the interactive games either OP. I'm in the camp of keep the line moving. And those games are germ factories. Ick.

I saw a family who held up the line for 10 minutes playing the game at 7DMT and they started yelling at the people who went around them, calling them line cutters. (This was in early Dec. 2014)
I was in that line and getting very frustrated with it not moving because of people playing games. It was nice when we started moving again because folks were going around those people.

10 minutes??? I would definitely have a problem with that!

As long as they have caught up with the people ahead of them by the time the ride loads, it adds nothing to the actual wait time. You may feel like it's longer because you are standing still instead of moving for a few minutes, but once you do move, you end up right where you would have been otherwise.

That said, when DS was fascinated playing with stuff in the Pooh line, I just told people to go around us. Not a big deal either way, IMO.

If they aren't running empty cars, then it isn't increasing wait time. I highly doubt they don't have enough people in the loading area to load full cars. If that is the case, then the interactive areas need to be further back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter