• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Am I nuts? NOTHING Available 12-10 to 12-13

wildcatcoaster

Earning My Ears
Am I nuts? We just checked availability for Dec 10-13 -- which I thought would be a relatively low time between TG and Christmas.

But when I call Disney itself and check expedia, they say nothing is available.

We'd stay at moderate or deluxe, anywhere. But there's NOTHING (except Swan and Dolphin which aren't Disney). Am I doing something wrong? I find it inconceivable that the entire resort is sold out.

Any ideas? Thanks.

You are not nuts. It is full for that entire week. Pop Warner is going on. Also back in January/February they offered a code for that week and alot of people took them up on it. Your best bet is to book Swan or Dolphin and/or keep checking back to see if there is an opening especially close to the 45 day cancel mark.

Good Luck and welcome to DIS.

First Welcome!!!

And second, you are not crazy, there is just nothing, zip. I am glad we boked the GF back in April for the first week in Dec.

When is the cut off day for POP WARNER to book hotel rooms? I am wondering if more rooms will open up after their booking period ends.

I went to their website and pulled last years packet that was given to the teams as they qualified to go to the Championships. Last year it looks like the teams were not even qualified until about two weeks before the Championship date and then they had until about 4 days before the event to make their final payment. They have been doing this for enough years that they know how many rooms they will need and so I would guess they only have to release a few at the last minute.

The beginning of December is huge - all the resorts are decorated for Christmas.

Am I nuts? We just checked availability for Dec 10-13 -- which I thought would be a relatively low time between TG and Christmas.

We'd stay at moderate or deluxe, anywhere. But there's NOTHING (except Swan and Dolphin which aren't Disney). Am I doing something wrong? I find it inconceivable that the entire resort is sold out.

Any ideas? Thanks.

If you were thinking Dec. You should have started looking months ago.
All you can do now is call every day and hope someone cancels.

Isn't that when Mousefest is going on? (MF is a HUGE meet for all the WDW on-line communities).

It is because of a few factors. First, Early December is still a great time to go.SO great that every guidebook and travel channel,and even Disney advertises this as the best time to go .So it has definitely gainrd in popularity.Second, both Pop Warner and Mousefest are going on that time,really not too bad of an impact on park crowds,but resorts book up.and Third, Lots of people at the beginning of this year received discount pincodes that were not eligible for the first week in December, so the people that got the codes are going the 2d and 3rd weeks in December.Keep trying, things do open up and people do cancel.

If you have a Disney Visa, there is a code to get free dining prior to Dec. 20th that could be another reason that there is no availability.

i just did a search on disney's site (used 2 adults and 2 children because i'm not sure how many are in your party) and Wilderness Lodge came up as available when searching for a "package" or for "room only"..

We are at POP Dec 5 - 11. In July I started looking for an additional room just in case our DD (26) and her BF wanted to join us. I could always cancel the room, right? Wrong! I couldn't even get them a room! I will try at the 45 day mark, but I don't have much hope. They may have to stay off site if they come. And, she would be there for her birthday, and they aren't starting the 'free Disney on your birthday' until 2009!! Is it a conspiracy???
DH and DS (25) plan to have a great time just the same!

I was able to just book CSR for 12/9 - 12/12 with an AP rate of $119. :cheer2: Availability changes on a constant basis. Don't give up.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Hi,

I don't know if this would work for you but you might want to check into Disney's Vacation Club -- it is a commitment but if you get in on the rock-bottom fee (paying the minimum to get in) you might just find it's worthwhile. I'm no expert, just a thought.

Copper

Was checking for approximately the same dates today, and the awesome helpful lady on the phone had a room come open at AKL for three days while we were looking at availability for the whole week, and she grabbed it for me.

So... keep calling. You have to be persistent and lucky, but rooms do come up.

Just got off phone with Disney Looking for Dec. 4 to Dec. 7 and your not NUTS there is NOTHING at any Resorts. We have a room at the Raddison outside of Disney but we dont know if we even want to go becuse it sounds like it is going to be CRAZY BUSY!!!!!:scared1:

I have been trying to find availability for a weekend sometime in December or January for my family of 5 and all Disney.com will spit up are suites....I only live an hour away...I just can't bring myself to spend the equivalent of a month's mortgage payment on one night in a room....yet:lmao:

Your problem is the 13th. If you select that as your check out date, you will get ZERO rooms. That's because the discounts are starting on the 13th and they have already been sucked up. You need to shorten your search date to indicate check out on the 12th. From the 10th thru the 12th you have a choice of Wilderness Lodge or Coronado Springs Resort. AP discount is available for CSR but not WL. You just need to keep looking, especially around that time of the year which is booked solid. You can just imagine how crowded everything will be.:mad: Boy I can't wait :mad:#$)*&%@#:mad:

Just canceled 12/8-12/12/08 at CSR and moved back to AKL.

So since I am checking into POR on Dec 11 I should only have to deal with Pop Warner for 2 nights? Do most of them check out and go home on the 13th?

We have had our reservations for Dec9-16 for well over a year. Now I am worried that they will over book for some reason and we won't have a room. Is this a possibility?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter