Am I nuts for thinking about this?

What would you do?

• Give LC a try now that its a signature

• Yachtsman is the place to be!

Results are only viewable after voting.

MickeyNicki

It is pretty darn sad when a valet picks you out a
Have a dinner ressie for LC...have not been in a super long time and I will admit, I am intrigued now that it is a signature. Last time we were there my filet was ok but DH's was amazing, the soup was way too salty but the salad was excellent

BUT...

We had the most incredible meal at the Yachtsman this past Feb and I am thinking we should cancel LC for YM...is that crazy?

What would you guys do?

So we didn't have to choose, we are just eating at both! :goodvibes

I think if I were you guys, I would stick with LC. Give it a try as a signature so you know. Just my two cents ...

Hey Nicki, for me it would be Yachtsmen all the way. We love Yachtsmen and have never had a bad meal there. I was so glad you liked it when you ate there last!

Anyway, we enjoyed our food fine at LC but the fact its a signature just amazes me and frankly the lack of atmosphere leaves me cold. I know Yachtsmen's atmosphere cannot compare to say Cali Grille but to me its a very nice atmosphere. I also have bad luck with waiting forever at LC, never have had that happen at YSH.

So that's my pick. If you pick YSH, ask for Thomas for your waiter. He's always been excellent and I believe he's worked there for years.

That's a tough one...go with an old favorite or try something new (for the most part).

In this case, I would say try LC. Then you can report back to me on whether I should bother with it since you're my foodie twin! ;):rotfl:

In all honesty I would go to the 2 restaurants in your other dinner poll (Flying Fish and Artist Point) and skip these 2.

However, if that is not an option I don't think it is crazy at all. LC didn't deserve the hype it got when it was all just a 1 TS restaurant and, IMO, doesn't really deserve the signature status or prices. I would go with Yachtsman over LC.

FF>AP>YS>LC :thumbsup2

I love Le Cellier, so does everyone else I know who went. However, if your going for dinner which is signature, I would go for Yachtsman Steakhouse.

I never been to Yachtsman, however from all the different reviews I found on WDW site, forums, and from people in person, it's supposedly top notch and the food sounds awesome.

We're going to both this October, Le Cellier for 1 TS credit lunch, which has the original menu before the signature upgrade anyway, and Yachtsman for dinner another night :thumbsup2

I doubt you could go wrong, but for the money or 2 TS credits, I'd go Yachtsman.

Have a dinner ressie for LC...have not been in a super long time and I will admit, I am intrigued now that it is a signature. Last time we were there my filet was ok but DH's was amazing, the soup was way too salty but the salad was excellent

BUT...

We had the most incredible meal at the Yachtsman this past Feb and I am thinking we should cancel LC for YM...is that crazy?

What would you guys do?
Your are no nuttier than the rest of us :laughing: I weigh the restaurants too and try to pick the more bang for all our pallets... I loved our meal every year at Yatchmans, it is great service and love the garlic and rolls they bring you, thats a win, win for us:love: I do Le Cellier for lunch now instead, its only one credit and although the filet a little smaller, I'm still stuffed like a Chistmas bird when I leave... Good luck guys, can"t go wrong with either really:thumbsup2

In all honesty I would go to the 2 restaurants in your other dinner poll (Flying Fish and Artist Point) and skip these 2.

However, if that is not an option I don't think it is crazy at all. LC didn't deserve the hype it got when it was all just a 1 TS restaurant and, IMO, doesn't really deserve the signature status or prices. I would go with Yachtsman over LC.

I'd go with that...but then I don't eat steak in restaurants, so if you're after steak I can't really give a good opinion. I've never even been to Yachtsman and I don't order steak at Le Cellier. I had buffalo at dinner there. The buffalo was good, but the place was packed, noisy and insane. I'd cancel it just for that, although I might go back for lunch.

I do hear Flying Fish has a really good steak though. I love it for the fish.

I couldnt agree more!!!!! :thumbsup2 Yachtsman gets my vote.

I would keep LC and give it another chance (we went last Dec and enjoyed our meal)...but from reading your food reviews Todd would chance his mind that day:lmao:
Good luck and can't wait to read about it:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter