Am I missing out by skipping Epcot?

:)There is so much to do there with kids that we spend more time there than any other park! My boys are 10 and 9 now, but they've been going since they were infants. If you ask them they will always say that EPCOT is their favorite!

The Innoventions buildings in Future World are totally hidden gems - from fire safety play houses, to storm info, piggy bank classes etc - I feel like it's almost like a science museum. Spaceship Earth is great as are the other pavilions in Future World.

The countries have kid stations in each country where kids can do crafts etc - that is also a blast.

So there is plenty to do there and personally I feel like you would be missing out on some great experiences by skipping EPCOT!

Jenny

Definitely because Epcot is very special! It's been my favourite since I was a kid! :worship: :rotfl:

Like others said, you should choose what you want to do. Epcot is a lot more fun than people make it out to be. I read a thread recently where a poster asked what other DISers kids favourite parks were and a big majority of the answers had Epcot at #1!

I would say no your not missing much especially with the little ones. We went my dd15 and I and my friend and her dd14 in Dec '11 and I was really looking forward to it and was board after we ate. They have a lot of nice places to eat here but not much more than that in my opinion.

That's a shame you feel that way, you missed out on a lot of fun!

EPCOT is my fave park at WDW however at your kis age it wouldn't bethe end of the world if you missed it. I think it's more of a teen park whereas MK and DHS is more fun.

We all love Epcot. My kids have been going since they were two and they have always enjoyed it. For us a trip to Disney wouldn't be complete without touring it.

I think you need to decide what would hold your intrest more rather then worry about your babies. If they were 3 and 5 this would be another whole discussion. Hollywood Studios is all hurry up and wait.:( I love the shows, that's the problem: it's all wait to sit down, wait for the show to start, enjoy the show. Epcot is more of a great big museum, some things are hands on with rides, other attractions are more, take the time to look around. I personally think Epcot has the best shoping in WDW. Either way there is something for the two year old at both parks, you just have to decide what holds your intrest more.

I think you need to decide what would hold your intrest more rather then worry about your babies. If they were 3 and 5 this would be another whole discussion. Hollywood Studios is all hurry up and wait.:( I love the shows, that's the problem: it's all wait to sit down, wait for the show to start, enjoy the show. Epcot is more of a great big museum, some things are hands on with rides, other attractions are more, take the time to look around. I personally think Epcot has the best shoping in WDW. Either way there is something for the two year old at both parks, you just have to decide what holds your intrest more.

That is excellent advice! :thumbsup2

Yes you would be missing out if you skipped it!

Epcot is our favorite park and has always been our kids favorite park too! We would never skip it with our kids when they were younger & they were only 8 months old on their first trips! There is so much to see and do & I think your children will love it!

When I was younger Epcot was my least favorite, now that I'm 22 I love it. It's fine to wait till the kiddos are older!

I have a 2 yr old and 7 month and don't think I will be going to Epcot this trip. Am I missing out by not going??

I agree with those previous posters who said do what you want to do, and the kids will be happy.
If you don't care much for EPCOT, I think you are fine skipping it. But if you like it, keep in mind that there is a fair amount of open space and unless you are going during really crowded times, your 2 year old might be able to enjoy getting out of the stroller and running around. Go see Crush. Go to Innoventions. Watch the model train. Eat goodies. Do some kidcot, and just relax and treat the day like you would a day in your local city's park, with extra benefits. Stay after dark and see the sidewalk lights. Then if you are staying on site, ride the really cool monorail or bus back to your resort well before closing. To some 2 year olds, there's nothing like a fun bus ride "attraction!"

Epcot is my families favorite park so I am mgiht be a little biased but if you can take your kids to the park. They have great shows for all ages, the characters are easily found at the character place and other spots all over the park. Nemo is great for many kids love to see the aquarium and Crush is pretty funny. Imagination with has some nice things to do and Mexico has a great ride for all ages to enjoy, well not me because I miss the old one. They have acrobats and all kinds of things to be seen and bands play here and there and most kids like music. I didn't take my kids until the were 5, 6, 8 and I think they might have liked it at young ages, Inoventions have nice things they might like and you and your spouse might be able to do the kid swap to pick up the couple rides they can't ride on. If they like various kinds of food you can eat in great restaurants or if not take them to the French Bakery for all kinds of treats. Walking might slow you down a bit but Epcot is kid friendly and you don't need to rush. If they like fireworks Epcot has the best, IMO, show in WDW. But you know your kids better. I wouldn't skip DHS though and would pick that over Animal Kingdom because of the preschool stuff unless your kids like animals. If you have never been it is even a better reason to try Epcot out or if you can afford to wait a few years try it then but it is not to be missed.

I wish my kids were that small again so we could really enjoy EPCOT.

At that size we went to a few of the popular FW things already mentioned in the morning, but by lunchtime they would sack out in the stroller and my wife and I could have a couple of hours just wandering in and out of shops around WS and having some excellent adult time. Especially as a break in the middle of the week from non-stop rides and shows in other parks.

With stroller age kids, strolling around EPCOT beats strolling in any other "park" in the world.

Should add now my kids are 7 and 8 and would be bored stiff following us around shopping and snacking, (but are really looking forward to the Agent P game).

lovemy2girls4eva said:
I have a 2 yr old and 7 month and don't think I will be going to Epcot this trip. Am I missing out by not going??

Since you said "this trip", I assume you have been to Epcot before. Therefore, only you can determine if you'll miss it or not.

Simply put: no. Epcot is outdated and just basically a large food court and shopping mall. It was a cool concept but because Walt passed away, they have not updated it. If Walt were still alive, he would be updating it and actually care about it being a "true city of tomorrow". Now it is more like a "city from 1976".

YES, you'll unfortunately be missing out big time! :) I'm SHOCKED so many people say no....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter