Am I missing anything?

JEL394

Earning My Ears
We leave in 2 days for our first trip with the kids, we just told them today :) It's a short trip by DIS standards, but I think it's all we can handle LOL! We will have DS4.5, DS turning-3, and our DD 5 months. Staying at Wilderness Lodge and have free dining, brining our single stroller for the baby, and rented a double for the boys.

14th - arrive and check in mid-afternoon. ADR at Crystal Palace for early dinner and then stay to watch parades and fireworks (hoping to fit a few rides in)

15th - 7am Chef Mickey ADR, then stay through lunch, head back for naps and swimming mid-afternoon when the boys start to fade. ADR at WCC that evening, early bed?

16th - 8:20 Tusker House ADR, then eat lunch and leave for naps/swimming. We have tickets to MNSSHP that evening, but I don't anticipate staying terribly late.

17th - DHS at rope-drop and stay through lunch, then leave for naps/swimming. DTD for DS's birthday dinner at T-Rex, and birthday present toy shopping :)

Am I forgetting anything, any suggestions? I tried to take into account parade schedules/EMH, ADR's, etc. No park hopping, and 3 separate MK experiences, plus some pool time each day. Doing ADR's mostly in the mornings because the boys love breakfast, and then we don't have to BE somewhere at any other point during the day. We plan to take the boat from WL to MK, and then drive to AK, DHS and DTD since we will have two strollers and don't want to have to deal with the busses.

Thanks!

I would try to make a little more detailed plan for your days so you can pack in as many attractions/rides as possible. Even if you don't have a structured day planned out, try to pick maybe 5-6 "must do" attractions for each park and work out a plan to get those done first.

I went in May and we kind of started each day with a plan and then just went with the flow after that...for example, DHS day you will want to head to Toy Story Mania immediately at rope drop (follow the crowd!) to either get right on or get your fast passes.

On the 15th will you make it for rope drop at MK? I would use that early morning time to get in some Fantasy Land time (Dumbo line gets long FAST and moves SLOW so hit this early early early!).

Definitely utilize fast passes and rider swaps so one parent can ride with the boys and then swap the baby and the other parent can ride as well.

Oh, and you are missing Epcot! I am always surprised when I see that left off of plans, it's a great park and your boys would probably love Test Track (depending on their height), also there are lots of characters to meet in the World Showcase (and lots of snacks & drinks to consume as well). If you can squeeze that in, I would. It's just personal preference, but my family would definitely choose Epcot over DHS...unless TSM is a must do of course (not that DHS is a bad park, but I just feel like Epcot offered us a lot more).

Speaking of DHS will you be seeing Fantasmic? It's a great show, if you can fit it in.

Boys will probably enjoy some play time in the Boneyard at AK and the Honey I Shrunk the Kids play area in DHS.

Sorry if that is too much info, just randomly spitting out bits as they popped in my head! Overall it looks likea good plan, but like I said I would mostly focus on getting a bit more detailed...again, you don't have to stick to a strict schedule, but it definitely helps to have a game plan in mind!

Thanks! I actually do have a detailed touring plan printed out, according to what my boys are tall enough for, and taking advantage of EMH/being there at rope drop. So that left out Epcot since this trip is pretty short, and entirely "for" the kids. My 3 year old is not 40 inches. Toy Strory Mania and the Disney Jr. Live show are "must-do's" for us :) No Fantasmic this trip, hope to see it next time though!

If there are rides you want to hit, get the fast passes early so you can just walk up when you need. Also it prob is not overly busy being mid week and school is in...

Have fun, take lots of pics....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter