Am I mad?

Jon G

Mouseketeer
We want to go back to Florida next year in August after missing this year due to back to back Med Disney cruise (fab).

I would love to go back to AKL which we stayed in back in 2004 but with the deals on SSR and OKW it seems hard to justifly the extra £1000 for 20 nights.

We just love the theming at AKL but we could get a 1bed at the others for the same money.

Do any of you stay where you really want or does the money always take priority?:)

A bit of both really, we loventhe deals at okw/ssr but this year will be the first time staying there, we really love pofq but for the same money can get better ddp and more room at okw or ssr

For me if it was only a small amount of money then i'd go for my preferred hotel. However the £1000 that you mention would be no contest, the cheaper hotel all the way. Just think, you'd have a massive chunk of your spending money covered already with the £1000 you'd save.

We want to go back to Florida next year in August after missing this year due to back to back Med Disney cruise (fab).

I would love to go back to AKL which we stayed in back in 2004 but with the deals on SSR and OKW it seems hard to justifly the extra £1000 for 20 nights.

We just love the theming at AKL but we could get a 1bed at the others for the same money.

Do any of you stay where you really want or does the money always take priority?:)

i'd much rather stay in a one bedroom - you'll get a laundry room in your suite - very convenient for a 20 day stay.

Thanks for the replies.

I have been trying to justify it but I think you are right. £1000 is loads of money and we can always go to AKL a few times for dinner etc.

I was hoping that AKV would start to be included in the UK deal but no luck.

We have stayed at SSR twice in a 1 bed villa and were thinking we should try OKW in a studio for the 2 queen beds which would be the same as the lodge. Just annoyed we never went to look at OKW when we were there.

As much as we like SSR the theming is a bit plain which I know some people love. I know Wayne and others always choose OKW so there must be something about it.

Decisions decisions :goodvibes

I would choose to stay where I would be happiest.

For us that's a one bed villa in walking distance to the parks - but we pay the price for it however its our money and that's what makes us happy. I wouldn't stay in a single room with the 3 of us for more than one night either - It is not a holiday to me if I am sleeping next to my 3 year old! I don't sleep with her at home and I am not about to start on holiday ;)

Price is main factor for me.

One way to look at it is the okw/ssr deals wont always be around - make the most and in a few years you can stay at AKL.

We loved OKW - if it appeals i'd go for that for a change.

We have stayed at AKL for 3 nights, really enjoyed it, would stay there again if the price was right(it just never is anymore) My only problem is I would only stay there with a Savannah view, just don't see the point without it.
We decided to try OKW (looked around SSR but didn't like anywhere near as much) with the free DDP & Discount. Now considering booking it for the 4th time, great resort IMO.

All depends what your difference in cost is, for us we are more than happy in a studio at OKW, a studio for next year would cost us £2,835 yet a room at AKL with savannah view would be £5,292, no way is it worth an extra £2,457 to see some animals.

Price here too. Free dining and 48% discount just reels us in.

Maybe 1 or 2 nights as a treat in special resort but to be honest OKW is really special to us! :yay:

OKW it is then for a change. My DW said she would rather save the money to spend on shopping etc.

We are hoping to go around the 10-30th August so just hope the flights are not too ridiculous.

our dstes are the 18 or19 th till 1st sept and the flights are horrendous £849 the cheapest with monarch buts tht without meal baggage etc. wont book till jan time as dont mind going indirect.Ridiculous prices.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter