• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Am I just too early?

To the honeypots

Mouseketeer
When do fish extender groups generally form? We are sailing on 4/3/17 dream sailing. Our cruise meet link only has a couple people on it and is very inactive. I have looked on Facebook and that has very few people expressing interest in this. Am I just too early?

Our group was formed over a year in advance but didn't start picking up until 4 months before.

Depends on the group - in my experience the shorter cruises pick up later than the longer ones but it really does vary from group to group. Since it sails on a Monday in off season also it may not be as popular as some other times of year - no real rush to book ASAP on those! I bet lots of people will come aboard closer to the sail date! :)

We have a group that has been active since last November, but many of us have been sailing together for quite a while, so that introduces an instant dynamic of craziness. I've seen groups do nothing and I've seen groups blossom. Some late. Some early. A lot of it depends on the energy of the person organizing the FE, etc.

Thanks for the reassurances. On our last cruise our group was pretty active and my son adored the fish extender. He really wants to do it again and that along with the detective game and aquaduck is why he loved the Dream. I really don't want to disappoint so thanks for calm me while I post my worrying :)

How does one go about finding and becoming part of a fish extender cruise group ?? We are sailing jan 7 2017-14 on fantasy for the third time and i want to do this so bad! any help would be awesome !!

How does one go about finding and becoming part of a fish extender cruise group ?? We are sailing jan 7 2017-14 on fantasy for the third time and i want to do this so bad! any help would be awesome !!

there are a couple ways to find your group. 1) Here on DisBoards find the thread for your sailing. 2) On Facebook search "Disney fantasy 2017" and then "Groups"

If there's a Fish Extender group here on DISboards, it will be on your cruise meet thread:
http://www.disboards.com/threads/fantasy-western-caribbean-jan-7th-2017.3463685/

There may be other sites that have FE groups, but they are not DISboards connected, and links or search directions to them are not allowed here.

One note - not all cruise meet groups have a FE group.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter