Am I just CRAZY or does anyone else DREAM about Sleeping in the Castle?

Wendi

Wanna be at Disney World!
Am I just Crazy or does anyone else DREAM :cloud9: of what it would be like to spend the night in :tink:"THE" Castle? I would probably pass out if I got picked, but I think I would act like a 13 year old girl giggling infront of a boy I liked if I got to sleep there. It would be so Surreal or DREAMY. It would be such a Monumental event in my family's life that we would have something no one else can talk about to talk about with everyone. Not that going to Disney isn't something to talk about but to sleep in "THE" Castle. :cloud9: OMG! Just curious if anyone else out there was the same way.

Actually the thought freaks me out a little. Same as I could'nt live in the woods, with no neighbors, too scary. I like people around me. You would be so alone in there by yourselves!

I am the freak, I know!

I am scheduling additional visits this year to increase our odds. For me, sure, but I hope to win just so DW and I can see the looks on our DD's faces.

Actually the thought freaks me out a little. Same as I could'nt live in the woods, with no neighbors, too scary. I like people around me. You would be so alone in there by yourselves!

I am the freak, I know!

Well count me as a freak too then. I have no desire to stay there. :eek:

Well I read somewhere that the first night they will be picking someone is Jan24th- can't remember now where.. but anyway, I will be there and the 25th is my birthday so....... I think it's only fair! It would be a once in a lifetime experience and I hope that someone on the DIS gets picked so that we can get details!!
Laura

I am missing them picking me by a few days, we dont arrive till the evening of the 26th:rolleyes:

I would love to sleep in THE Castle. I'd get this giggly feeling if I stepped into the apartment, but also I'd be a little creeped out thinking that this room was made for Walt. But to stay in it would be a once in a lifetime dream! Dreams do come true!:cloud9:

MickeyMousesGal

I am the freak, I know!

I am right there with you! The thought kindof freaks me out too! To be in a deserted park all night! I would not want to win this.:eek:

I am right there with you! The thought kindof freaks me out too! To be in a deserted park all night! I would not want to win this.:eek:

You can send it my way!!:yay: Seriously though, you wouldn't be alone, you'd have your family there with you and I'm sure there would be someone in the park in case of emergency.:thumbsup2
I'll admit, not to fond of the dark myself and such, but to see the look on my DD's face.princess: Would be worth it.
Course I'm going to be realistic here...as if I'd win it....

Don't be freaked out--I'd guess you'll have plenty of company at night. Once the last guest leaves, the lights come up and out come hundreds of night shift employees. That's when a lot of the work gets done--cleaning, painting, landscaping, deliveries, seasonal decorations put up and taken down, etc.

I haven't heard much about spending the night in the castle--will it just be certain nights or is it every night? Disneyland in California has a new Mickey Mouse suite that they're using for the YOAMD, but it's in the Disneyland Hotel, not the castle (DL's is too small). I've heard they're picking a different family every night to sleep in the suite. It looks amazing, but not as amazing as spending the night in the castle in the MK.

The park is anything but empty at night, during our last WDW trip we had a MK view in Contemporary. Every now and then when I would wake up in the middle of the night I would look over at the MK and, the lights stay on all through the night and people are out cleaning, etc.

I don't have any particular interset in staying the night there.. Now, maybe if Prince Charming were there...lol
Although i think i would like to maybe be able to vivst the room, but i dont think i would like to sleep there.

Until I saw the pictures of the suite, I had no desire to stay there. Now, I want to more and more each day. That would make a heck of a birthday gift. Maggie

I just read on another post that you get locked in until 8 a.m.the next morning, when you have to be out. I would have serious anxiety all night and then I'd have to be up way too early, assuming that I would fall asleep at all. Ooooh, it's not for me!
Lucy's Mom

I've thought about it several times.........I would totally love it!

definitely want too!!!

but I just wish there were more outside windows.

sleeping - who is planning on sleeping.:goodvibes

oh despite the rumors - since the castle was build long after Walt died - I don't think it was ever for him. Now his brother Roy who worked very, very, very hard to build it - might have used it if he wanted to. They preferred the Polyn (I think?)

he died in the 60's - the castle wasn't build until the 70's.

I'm sure there is plenty of activity in the park at all hours- cleaning, maintenance, etc. You are surely not going to be in there alone.

As for locking you in I don't see how they could do that either. They may lock you out of the rest of the park- Isn't there access from the castle to the lower level?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter