• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Am I gonna miss out???

mobius

Experiment 001
Just starting to plan my 14 days in diney today. Late i know seeing as i go in 10 days :scared:. And having a look through The brits guide, i was just reading up on EPCOT and it don't really appeal.

So will i miss out on anything i must see if i miss EPCOT out??? :confused:

Just starting to plan my 14 days in diney today. Late i know seeing as i go in 10 days :scared:.
Don't panic, Captain Mainwaring! :rotfl:

Epcot is my favourite park, although I don't think that's always been the case. Yes, I'd say you will miss out. Remind us of the make-up of your party and we can make some suggestions.

Epcot is one of my favourite parks, I find it very relaxing. Plus one of my favourite rides, Soarin is there. Oh and I love Illuminations at night.

Oh you cannot miss Epcot. World Showcase is great for wandering around and eatting plus IllumiNations at 9pm is a must see. As for daytime Soarin' and Test Track along with Mission Space are must sees.

Claire ;)

Well then if i have to do epcot here is the barebones of the trip

30/5 Fly out, and relax once there
31/5 Disney Magic Kingdom
1/6 Epcot
2/6 Kennedy Tour – Ultimate Space pass…
3/6
4/6
5/6
6/6 First day of two day Dolphin Adventure Florida keys
7/6 Second day (dolphin cove???)
8/6
9/6 Disney MGM for the Star Wars theme
10/6
11/6
12/6
13/6 Park in the morning – afternoon maybe by the pool - Flight leaves at 19:40
14/6 Home :(

any tips will be helpful

Looking good to me just be aware that your first weekend is the unofficial 'Gay days at WDW' so it may be a bit busier at the selected park for the day in question. Where else do you plan on going, are USF and IOA on the plan or how about the Disney waterparks?

Claire ;)

We have flexitickets for US, IOA and busch, would love to go to them all but hey it gives me an excuse to go back :rotfl: the waterparks are a must but trying to fit everything in is giving me problems LOL...

Personally I think you are asking too much of yourselves with a visit to MK and Epcot over your first 2 full days.

Some people think that the Disney experience is all about MK and go on either the day they arrive or the first full day. Personally we much prefer to go to a less stressful park on the first day, MGM Studios, Sea World or Universal Studios for example.

Don't get theme parked out so quickly, it's easily done but you can get over it by spreading your days across your holiday.

Also, I don't think you should be looking at Epcot as a chore, if you really don't fancy it then don't go. You will however miss out on 3 great thrill rides (Soarin, Test Track, Mission Space) and a chance to experience Walt's vision for the future.

The good thing also about Epcot is then with both Spaceship Earth (if open) and Universe of Energy, there is a chance of some air conditioned shut eyes for a few minutes....although of course if this is your first trip you will be wanting to enjoy these rides for different reasons to me!!!

Still a shame they got rid of Food Rocks though!!!! :rotfl:

Enjoy anyway.

We usually do a waterpark in the morning til about lunchtime then go back to the hotel shower and relax and head to a park for the evening shows :) Also IOA and USF you could do in one day if you bought the FOTL passes.

Claire ;)

Also, don't think that a park has to be an all day thing. Certainly with IOA and Universal Studios, depending on time of year etc, both parks can be done in a long full day.

Sure you will feel tired come the end of the day but then next day take a day off and relax around the pool or something.

The last 3 times we have been to IOA and arrived at 9am opening time, we have been finished by 1pm-2pm, having been on all rides at least once and not having run around the park. It might be coincidental but everytime we go to IOA it rains like mad.....

MGM Studios is another one, it's not particularly big and can be done quite easily in 4-5hours...although of course if you want to see Fantasmic you will have to come back later.

I never get theme parked out, i did portaventura for 14 days last year. I got to know a lot of the staff there on the Dragon Kahn rollercoaster i did it at least three times each day :lmao:

I hope you don't get theme parked out. It is such a great place Orlando but it can be tiring, you almost need another holiday to get over an Orlando holiday if you ask me.

Be sensible with your park dates and you will have a great time. I am only slightly envious.....:thumbsup2

well the plan was never set in stone, it was just a guide of what we'd like to do.
What are FTOL tickets??? we have 5park flei ones

Any ideas on what to do once the parks are closed, we don't have a car??? But walkings or public transport not a problem

well the plan was never set in stone, it was just a guide of what we'd like to do.
What are FTOL tickets??? we have 5park flei ones

Any ideas on what to do once the parks are closed, we don't have a car??? But walkings or public transport not a problem

Front Of The Line is an additional payment and it means you get a ticket for use at each attraction once that has FOTL.

Where are you staying? Also many parks are open til gone 9pm in June. You could go to DTD (has a cinema, restaurants and loads of shopping) or the Boardwalk.

Claire ;)

Pop Century is ideal then as you get the WDW transport system to use all the time and it is very good. The buses do run quite late so that is not a problem for you if you want to be out late at the parks and you can do EMH mornings and evenings. Some of the evenings mean a park such as MGM doesn't close until 1am!

Claire ;)

We are not thrill rides only people, and find EPCOT an interesting place without going on the Test track etc..
WDW is a total experiance if you let it be.
Each park is completly different to its brother or sister and has to be looked at.
As has been said, Illuminations is truly wonderful, its the only foreworks/water display i have ever bought the music for as it effcted m,e so.
I love the nations around the lagoon (apart from the GB pavillion which personally I think is an embarrasment) I love Innoventions, my little 'un loves Nemo and Crushes Turtle talk, the Globe is a lovely old worlde charm and of course you also have the rides :rotfl:

Don't forget to make time to go to the Boardwalk and Downtown Disney as well.

If we take anyone who has not been to WDW before, we do make MK the first park visited just because it is a truly unique entrance and does give you a lump in the throat when you go through into Main Street USA.

Extra Magic Hours. Looks like a few extras days added in for June plus both water parks are open 1 hour early each day for on site guests and few evenings at TL.

Claire ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter