• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Am i getting sick?!?! We leave on Saturday what do I do?!

DannyDisneyFreak

Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas.
I feel a cold coming on, stuffed up, cough , we leave on Saturday and board the boat on Sunday what do I do?! I don't want to be sick in the cruise! Should I go to the dr this week? Give me you best medical advice!

The only way you would be denied boarding is if you have vomiting or other end issues. You will have to fill out a medical form that asks if you have had vomiting or other issues in the last 72 hours. if you have not then you are good to go (except for flu).

Not much you can do for a cold except take stuff to relieve symptoms. but, if you think you have the flu DO NOT CRUISE as you can infect a whole lot of people and if you are showing signs of FLU at the terminal I doubt they will let you board.

MJ

My advice...this atleast works for me.

Hydrate, make sure I am taking my vitamins, eat fruits, and get more sleep. :thumbsup2

I find that taking 3000 mg of Vitamin C when I first start getting symptoms can sometimes knock it out for me. Also, Cold Eze zinc lozenges.

And, as the others said, LOTS of fluids and sleep.

Sayhello

I have a theory that basically bake myself with sweat shirts, ugly hats, 2 pairs of socks, a blanket (or 2), and then chug juice and decaf tea. It works.

Feel better.

I just had 24 hour virus wipe out my whole house. All 5 of us in 5 days. One after another. I would have cried if this was 2 weeks from now.

last 2 cruises my son got a cold right before the cruise - he got better just in time, I got it on the 2nd day this time...out like a light after dinner 2 out 5 nights.

I am both a nurse and a Disney freak. Here is what I would do: sleep, sleep, sleep. Drink plenty of both clear and Vitamin C-rich fluids like fresh orange and pineapple juice. Eat soup. Warm baths. Wash hands frequently. Sleep and rest are the most important thing!

Call your doctor and beg for a z-PAC!!!!

Antibiotics do nothing for a virus. Even if it were strep throat or sinusitis, these probably wouldn't be the drug of choice by OP's dr so why beg for something not needed? :confused3

OP, I would see your dr asap and explain your dilemma. Hopefully you start feeling better by the time you leave. Wash hands often & dry with paper towels to limit the chances of someone else in your home catching it.

They will ask at the port if you've had vomiting, diarrhea or fever.

Hope you feel better soon & can enjoy your cruise!! :goodvibes

Although it is very disgusting, and will ruin your blender, take horseradish root + ginger root + garlic cloves + onion (all peeled and chopped)+ chile pepper. Blend into a fine paste. Top with apple cider vinegar and eat with a spoon. It'll heal ya, if you can keep it down...

My family always takes oscillococcinum when we think we're getting sick. Have used it before a couple cruises. It works for us every time. :thumbsup2

Antibiotics do nothing for a virus. Even if it were strep throat or sinusitis, these probably wouldn't be the drug of choice by OP's dr so why beg for something not needed? :confused3

OP, I would see your dr asap and explain your dilemma. Hopefully you start feeling better by the time you leave. Wash hands often & dry with paper towels to limit the chances of someone else in your home catching it.

They will ask at the port if you've had vomiting, diarrhea or fever.

Hope you feel better soon & can enjoy your cruise!! :goodvibes

Yes I'm aware. However it can prevent a bacterial infection which, I don't know about you, but every illness I get ends up bacterial. This stretches a common cold out for weeks for me. I know it isn't going to help with the viral part, but if it can prevent a bacterial infection that would be worth it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter