Am I doing the math right with tickets?

MALE*RN*777

Oh, Mickey your so fine, your so fine you blow my
We, a family with 3-10+age tickets and 1 - 3 thru 9 age ticket want to buy 6 days worth of tickets (we also have the freebie kid at 2 yrs old). We are are actually only planning to use 3 days worth. We purchase 6 days at 217 each x3 which is $651 and 1-3thru9 age at $181. We use 3 days worth and have 3 days left. We then ask to purchase the no exipration option for the 3 days left on the tickets at $20 each person which is $80. That should be $912. If we were to purchase 3 days each person for two different trips at $203 x3 10+ age ticket plus 1 3 thru9 age ticket at $160 (again x all by 2 trips) that would be $1538. So if I were to buy 6 days now for all and at 3 days left add the no expiration option we would save about $600 on 2 trips? :scared1:

If I'm understanding you correctly, you want to add the no-expiration option for the 3 days you have remaining on your tickets? When you add the no-expiration option, you have to add it for all of the days of your tickets, regardless of how many you want to carry over. For example, you buy 6 day tickets and want to make 3 days not expire, you have to buy 6 days of non-expiring option, not 3. If you buy 10 days and use 9 and just want to make that last day not expire, you still have to pay for the 10 days' worth of non-expiring.

The gate price for a six day ticket is 239.63 for adults and 202.35 for kids 3-9, including tax. You can find some discounts - check Undercover Tourist (especially using the mousesavers.com newsletter link) or Maple Leaf Tickets (or AAA if you are a member). You might be getting your numbers from one of those sites.

Adding the no-expiration option to a six day ticket is 85.20 per ticket (including tax). It doesn't matter how many days are left on your ticket when you add no-exp - you pay the no-exp price based on the number of days your ticket had.

So no, you're not doing the math right. :goodvibes You need to pay $85.20 per ticket to add no-expiration, not $20 per ticket. Also, make sure you are including tax if you are getting ticket prices off the Disney website.

Following are gate prices for base (non-hopping) tickets. You have to add 6.5% to each amount. Many of the discounters include the tax in their quoted prices.

Your prices are not correct to start with.

3-day adult $212 * 3 = 636. 3-day child = $179. Total $815 for one trip, $1,630 for two trips (and this does not include possible price increases).

6-day adult with NE $305 * 3 = $915. 6-day child NE = $270, total $1,185 for two trips.

Saving is $445

Cheshire Figment-thanks... after several checks I came up with the amount of savings you did. We will more than likely pay the extra $300+ extra for the no expirations that will save us in the end the $445

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter