• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Am I crazy?

canals68

Mouseketeer
Got laid off form my job last week. Not cool but had the perfect fix. What did I do? I'll tell you. Decided to take a few weeks off, and just booked 4-days on the Wonder leaving 11/30/03. What the heck. You only live once and you can't take it with you. Very glad to get a cabin. I own DVC and it was all booked up so we decided to give the Wonder a whirl and scored. First time for DW, DD, DS and myself. Looking forward to a Wonder-ful time. Look for me. I'll be the one with the Pina Colada and my toes in the sand.:smooth:

All I can say is that once you cruise you will be hooked. Enjoy, and then get back home and get a job so you can pay for the seven day that you will probably book while you are still on board!

only live one

you can get another job when you grt home ;)

Fabulous idea! Chill, have a blast and return rejuvenated and ready to get a new position so you can plan your next cruise....Bon Voyage!!!

Hey!!!!
Guess what you're not alone!!!! I got laid off on 10/31/03. and did the same thing you did, booked a 4 day cruise on the Wonder!!!And guess what else.... Both of us "No working" crazy people will be with our toes in the sand at CC and a pina colada!!! I'm also cruising on 11/30/03 :crazy:
Can't wait..... who cares about work right now, we'll be in the Bahama's!!!
So, maybe we are crazy, but living only once requires you to have as much fun as possible..... ::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo

I'll see you there!!!!:D :p

Originally posted by canals68
Got laid off form my job last week. Not cool but had the perfect fix. What did I do? I'll tell you. Decided to take a few weeks off, and just booked 4-days on the Wonder leaving 11/30/03. What the heck. You only live once and you can't take it with you. Very glad to get a cabin. I own DVC and it was all booked up so we decided to give the Wonder a whirl and scored. First time for DW, DD, DS and myself. Looking forward to a Wonder-ful time. Look for me. I'll be the one with the Pina Colada and my toes in the sand.:smooth:

Crazy???? Hardly!
You have very good mental health!

You now have some precious time away from the ordinary to rethink your life, career, and plans. Make yourself a goal for 1 month, 6 months, 1 year, 5 years and 10 years. Then review it as it comes due. You will be surprised that with a little thought and a plan, how easy your goal is attained.

So sip that drink and enjoy the sand!

Rae

i think that is a great idea why not go for 7 day ???
i got laid off last october and we did 4 day wonder and 4 days at the parks.... and this year when i get laid off ,,,

will do the same i think....

Not crazy at all and if you can afford it without putting a strain on the budget then by all means go for it. I'm looking at a possible lay off myself. While I wouldn't cancel anything we have planned just yet I think it would leave me in a situation where I couldn't afford a quick getaway. It's great that you can. Enjoy! I do think it will help you be refreshed for the job search!

Sounds like something that I would do. Crazy.:crazy: Nah, you only live once and life is way too short! Have a great time!

Originally posted by rae519
Crazy???? Hardly!
You have very good mental health!

You now have some precious time away from the ordinary to rethink your life, career, and plans. Make yourself a goal for 1 month, 6 months, 1 year, 5 years and 10 years. Then review it as it comes due. You will be surprised that with a little thought and a plan, how easy your goal is attained.

So sip that drink and enjoy the sand!

Rae

I second this! ::yes::

And I third it !

Look at this as a wonderful opportunity to take stock of your life and where you want to go next. Good luck to you :)

why not have some lemonade at the beverage station on deck 9?

Crazy?! You sound saner (more sane!) than me right now.

I'm proud of you for not sitting there in a pool of sobbing ... you go enjoy yourself. Think about life. Be grateful for the ocean and the sun and the sand. Then after your family has enjoyed themselves, you can look for another job.

Have a wonderful time!!!!

It's a shame you don't live here in Florida as I'm looking for someone who loves cruises and knows this area well for my front desk. You can always move :) ;)

Crazy and out of touch with reality...

Did you see this thread?

Disney, In Reality or Not?

I'm all for this type of "not in the real world" (and so are my pastors). The world would be a much better place if we all placed a higher value on family time. And vacations are a great way to have some special, memory making family times!!:earsgirl: :earsboy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter