Am I chesp?

Discussion in 'Purchasing DVC' started by WDW-BWV, Dec 22, 2012.

1. WDW-BWV

WDW-BWV Mouseketeer

We are considering adding on to our BWV contract or buying WL. I was stunned when I called our DVC guide who quoted us 115.00 per point from Disney. Resales are almost half / i cans deal with 2.50 bottles of water but this is crazy !

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Official Ticket Center is Orlando’s #1 discount attraction ticket agency, selling millions of Walt Disney tickets around the world.

to hide this adverts.
  3. DougEMG

DougEMG DIS Veteran

I bought BWV resale and prefer to think of myself as frugle.

4. Missyrose

Missyrose DIS Veteran

As someone who bought a BWV contract last year for $50, I can easily see why you'd think the direct prices are crazy.

5. FreeTime

FreeTime DIS Veteran

I agree with you. That is why we haven't done an add on in quite awhile and if we are to do one, it will be resale.

6. csharpwv

csharpwv DIS Veteran

We own 4 contracts - 4 home resorts - 2 were purchased direct, 2 were purchased via resale. In each case, we bought at the best price we could get.

We have never paid over $100 per point, and in the case of our Bay Lake Tower points, we paid direct what the resales are going for in some cases. We bought in one of DVC's lowest direct sale months on record in recent history - and we got a free 7 night cruise with our purchase, plus $$$ per point, and the points were in our account the next morning.

Our third purchase was for Saratoga - we bought resale, for $35 or more less than direct.

Our last purchase was resale - We wanted HHI points, we had out eye on the resale market for months, and nothing we wanted seemed to be surfacing.
    So I called DVC to see if we could buy what we wanted direct.
    To say that the guide I spoke to (not our guide, she was out on DCL that week) but to say that the guide I spoke to could care less is a major understatement. He in fact discouraged me from going on a waitlist for what we wanted - they didn't have any point in our use year on hand, and they weren't in regular habit of buying back HHI points.

At that time the price for HHI was right around $85 I think - and on the resale market we paid less than HALF of that when we eventually found OUR contract. It was more points than what we had planned on buying - but we couldn't pass up the deal!

We are 'done' in the points department - don't think we'll ever be buying more points (DW would kill me :/ )

BUT, nope, I don't think you are cheap - I think you are realistic.... unlike DVC who keeps raising prices.....while prices on the resale market keep dropping!

7. Dean

Dean DIS Veteran<br><a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis

How many points are you thinking. While the price pp has some meaning, so does the higher per point costs for resale small contracts and the closing costs. For 25-50 points it's probably best to just go retail and be done with it. You get the points now, reduced closing and no hassles. For around 50 or more, I'd definitely look for a resale alternative. Do you have any interest in GF, if so, you may want to consider waiting.

8. disneynutz

disneynutz DIS Veteran DIS Lifetime Sponsor

Are you cheap? No you are smart. :thumbsup2

:earsboy: Bill

9. Sweettears

Sweettears 50 years of Disney and counting

But the question was "am I chesp".