Am I being selfish?

penguinkimberly

Mouseketeer
I decided to go for free dining in sept, told my parents I was taking them (I'm single and love to travel with family) Then I asked my sister and her family to go (they are paying for their own) she told me she couldn't get the time off work, so I made plans and picked out my TS ADR's, the morning of booking my sister decided they were going, but I did not give her or her husband and kids a choice of restaurants. Am I feeling guilty for nothing? She says where ever I choose is fine, but I know my nephew(13 yo) doesn't try many new foods, although his sister (9 yo) will try anything. My ADR's are for Spoodles, Le Cellier, Kona, Les Chefs de France, and Concourse. MY goal is to try restaurants I have never ate at but should I give at least the kids an opinion? We went in Feb. and the kids picked all the TS restaurants, but they usually pick their favorites (this will be our 10th trip )

Yes, you are feeling guilty for absolutely no reason!

Your sister is a big girl. If she says it's fine -- it's fine. I'm sure she was thrilled to have a sister who is considerate to do all the planning for the family, and they'll be fine with your excellent choices.

Thanks for your opinion, I usually do all the planning,reservations and packing for our trips, but I thrive on trip planning!!!

I agree, you should not be feeling guilty. (I am the same way BTW). You are the planner, if they wanted something in particular, they should/would have requested it.
Enjoy your trip! :)

I'm sure that your sister is thrilled to be going at all. Her kids will survive if they don't have EXACTLY what they want to eat...they're at Disneyworld, so NO complaining!!

Don't feel guilty. Feel good!!! Life is too short for guilt over things like planning a DW trip and including your family!:cool1:

You don't have any character meals or "fun meals" like WCC, Prime Time or SC-FI. Did the kids pick those kinds of restaurants last trip? IF so you might try to change one of your ADRs to a "fun meal" or add a charcater breakfast and pay OOP.

Although I don't think you should feel guilty, I would probably feel like I should change one meal if I could. Not because of guilt, but to make your sisters family a little more happy or welcomed. I'd probably just make it surprise and pick the kids favorite restaurant from last trip or one you think they would like and they have never tried.

But if you didn't change a thing, I think that would be fine too.

Don't feel guilty!
I'd LOVE for someone to pick where we were going and make the reservations!!
Have a blast!

Thanks everyone for the input. Asked my nephew where he wanted to go, he said he didn't care as long as he could have ribs or chicken (typical boy ). Talked with my neice (whose is 9 and doesn't like most of the kids meals), helped her look at menus and she found a rare kids meal but she picked out everything she wants to try and who is going to order what. So I guess I worry for naught.

You have no reason to feel guilty - but the fact that you do shows what a great sister and aunt you are. Your family is very lucky to have you. I'm sure everyone is going to have a great time just being together (which is more than I can say about my family :lmao: )

Nope, no reason to feel guilty in the least. I know I wouldn't but then again when it comes to Disney all my friends ask me what they should do so they just roll with my recommendations.

--Mr. DB

UPDATE:
You could always try throwing in a character breakfast like CP's/O'hana's/Askershus/Whatever the new AK breakfast is going to called/etc if it was something you felt that you wanted to do but not out of guilt but out of love for the kids. I wouldn't call it guilt though. I was planning on taking my DSIL and DN this next time and the DW and I had planned to surprise her wth a princess breakfast even though we would have rather done something different.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter