• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Am I being an awful wife? Quick UPDATE - Page 3

I am not siding with anyone here, BUT a temp above 101 is NOT hayfever. That doc needs his head examined. My future sis-in-law's sister is in the ICU right now on a ventilator in septic shock after having a SLIGHT fever and not feeling well for a few weeks. It's a shame his illness coincided with the OP's daughter's birthday, but I am sure the OP's husband is feeling pretty sick. I'd go to another doctor asap if he isn't feeling better by tomorrow.

You're not awful! Men can be such babies when they are sick. I had pnemonia (sp?) and finished student teaching and when DH has a cold he acts like a 2 year old and demands my attention non-stop. Once when he was sick I was out in the living room grading papers and I hear this THUMP. I look and his watch is in the hall floor.

"Are you okay?" I ask.

"No," he replies, "I really needed you and I was to weak to call so I had to throw my watch to get your attention."

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Then he got all offended when I told his mom about it and we both laughed.

Don't sweat it.

Congratulations! You've done a wonderful job with the party, but I'm worried about your trip now. I know you don't want to play nursemaid but I think if it were me I'd take him into the doctor again just to make sure nothing more is wrong with him. If something more IS wrong, you still have 10 days of antibiotics (or something) to help him get better so he doesn't spoil the trip too. :sick:

Good luck and keep us posted. :grouphug:

I have to agree with the other posters when they say that hayfever is not causing him to have a fever. And to be honest, a fever of 101.5 is going to make you feel like crap.

I don't think you are horrible wife, but I would cut him some slack until you find out exactly what is wrong with him. Everyone handles sickness differently.

Glad to hear the party went well.

I don't think you are being a horrible wife. :) I can't really identify though. The handful of times DH has been REALLY sick since we have been together he would not let me do anything for him! No toast, drink, cool cloth, nothing! He wanted to "do it himself." He has only ever run a fever twice and I had to force him to bed. :rolleyes:

Jenn Lynn said:
I don't think you are being a horrible wife. :) I can't really identify though. The handful of times DH has been REALLY sick since we have been together he would not let me do anything for him! No toast, drink, cool cloth, nothing! He wanted to "do it himself." He has only ever run a fever twice and I had to force him to bed. :rolleyes:

I am SO with your DH, if I am sick LEAVE ME ALONE!! If I need something I will ask or I will get it. Really....seriously.....

I have really bad allergies, and I'll be the first to say I HAVE had a fever with them - but only twice. I had fever, vomiting, etc. I couldn't get them under control with all my meds and it got really overwhelming. My only excuse is that the first time I had a $500 deductible on my medical insurance and didn't want to spend money at the Doctors. The other time I was tent camping and we left asap in the morning.

IMO (Not a medical professional, but an allergy patient) he should probably be put on steroids to snap him out of it if it's an allergic reaction (it would be considered a serious reaction IMO) and then work on finding a different medication routine that works better for him. Whether it's allergies or not - he should definately be seeing a doctor. His body not functioning properly.

If he is laying there whining and hasn't taken the allergy medication to see if he can get it under control - shame on him.

Now that the party's over and I had a decent night's sleep (albeit on the couch, cause he couldn't handle the noise of the rustling sheets when I turned over), I do feel bad for the guy, but still think he's being a baby.

He could have gone to his doctor on Friday, but didn't, even though I made him an appointment. (Two weekends ago, he just went to an emergency care center) He was diagnosed with a sinus infection back in April, but never took his antibiotics then (long story), so he's taking them now and promises to go to his doctor tomorrow.

Now he's wondering if he can dive while we're in Nassau. Maybe thinking I'll cancel that will get him feeling better.

Oh, and did I mention he only takes him temperature after he gets out of a steaming hot bath or shower?

With such a high fever and he has been ill for a while I would think it's serious, too.

Plus, I also am concerned that the party guests have been exposed...

Turns out it's a sinus infection and he's on the mend.

Should I let him off the hook? Or demand a nice, big b-day present (less than a week to go!!) Maybe an extra spa treatment on the cruise?

DisneyLovingMama said:
Should I let him off the hook? Or demand a nice, big b-day present (less than a week to go!!) Maybe an extra spa treatment on the cruise?

Both!

ITA!! Why is it that women are expected to "suck it up" and men can just get away with moaning in bed for days? :confused3

I have the opposite problem; DH will NOT take it easy, and ends up being sicker than he has to be. Once he cut his foot sailing (there was a broken bottle in the mud where he launched his Laser) was in the ER>OR all night, had surgery and a cast put on his leg, and STILL made rounds on his patients the next morning!!! I had to push him around in the wheelchair.

He also ignored his "allergies" for a few days, until he came home so sick that I forced him into the car and took him to the ER; he had pneumonia!

We've been married for almost 30 years, and I can count his "sick" days on one hand. I'm the one who takes a couple of aspirin, curls up in bed with a pitcher of juice and a good book when I feel under the weather (after getting the children off to school, throwing a load of laundry in, and cleaning the kitchen) and stay there until I have to get up again.

Not that I know how bad his sinus infection was but I can tell you that some sinus infections can be pretty bad. I actually had one land me in the Emergency room once! I actually ended up paralyzing my jaw and neck and sent my blood pressure so high they put me in a dark room and gave me some medicine to help bring it down before they would release me.

I know a lot of doctors say to use cold packs with sinuses but I have found slipping a heating pad in my pillowcase and sleeping with the infected area on it on low has made a world of difference.

Hope your DH feels better and he doesn't get anymore of those ebola.. errr.. sinus problems anymore ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter