Am i all alone in Sept 9,2006 on the magic western

We all might have to rethink our packing for the cruise. Looks like we might not be able to bring wine etc. in our carry-on. Sign of the times :sad2: !! I always packed a carry-on wth the important stuff JUST INCASE our luggage was delayed. (which has happened - what a bummer that was !!!) Oh well safety first !!!

2canadianfans said:
We all might have to rethink our packing for the cruise. Looks like we might not be able to bring wine etc. in our carry-on. Sign of the times :sad2: !! I always packed a carry-on wth the important stuff JUST INCASE our luggage was delayed. (which has happened - what a bummer that was !!!) Oh well safety first !!!

I saw that. My concern is that I MUST have water when we are taking off and landing. Otherwise, I get really queezy. I'll have to check with the airline and make sure they can give me some water when I get onboard. I'll plan to bubble wrap the wine for sailaway and just hope it gets to the cabin on time.

Tracey - do you plan on packing the wine after you bubble wrap it in your checked luggage ? My fear would be it would break and leak. From what I can figure out - we can no longer even carry on a purse of any size. Does anyone know if you can buy wine in Keywest (walking distance) ? But then who knows if Disney will even allow liquid on the ship ... Tracey talk to the airline closer to the time ..explain its a medical condition .. I am sure they will be able to help.

2canadianfans said:
Tracey - do you plan on packing the wine after you bubble wrap it in your checked luggage ? My fear would be it would break and leak. From what I can figure out - we can no longer even carry on a purse of any size. Does anyone know if you can buy wine in Keywest (walking distance) ? But then who knows if Disney will even allow liquid on the ship ... Tracey talk to the airline closer to the time ..explain its a medical condition .. I am sure they will be able to help.

I think I will bubble wrap it, and put it in a plastic bag. Only once have I had a bottle break in my luggage and it was packed next to another bottle by someone other than me. Before all the weight restrictions on luggage, I once carried 10 bottles of wine in luggage (on the way home though, just in case ;) ) Thanks Sharon! I think the airline will be happy to accommodate me rather than have me lose my lunch so to speak. :sad2:

They're still trying to figure out what restrictions will be enforced here in the US (at the moment, all I've heard is the "no liquids" provision), and that may change by the time we all need to fly.

I'd (somehow) forgotten that it was also the 5 year anniversary for 9/11 (even tho' we got married 2 days before). Hopefully, all of our flights will be safe. And I thought that Hurricanes were the worst we needed to worry about. :confused3

:wave2: All,
Could not find 2 for 1 cupon for troly on key west so if anyone has extra's not spoken for please save one for me. Thank you.

Can anyone tell me if the pool water on board ship is salt water or regular water?

See you when we see you,
pirate: grumpy-gramps and not so grumpy DW :bride: Barb

grumpy-gramps said:
Could not find 2 for 1 cupon for troly on key west so if anyone has extra's not spoken for please save one for me. Thank you.

Can anyone tell me if the pool water on board ship is salt water or regular water?

See you when we see you,
pirate: grumpy-gramps and not so grumpy DW :bride: Barb
The pool water is not salt water. Can not wait to jump in !!!

You might also PM Shirley @ the perfect gift (snelsonbrown) to see if she has any more.

grumpy-gramps said:

The sheet of cupons I have looks to be a copy, the cupons have the dates, were I underdstand the web page don't, I will make some copys and bring them for anyone who wants them.

Wrench

I don't know if this helps your delima, but could you ship the wine via ups to the ship? I know you can do that with ohter items, but liquids, I am not sure.

seadooken said:
I don't know if this helps your delima, but could you ship the wine via ups to the ship? I know you can do that with ohter items, but liquids, I am not sure.

Yes, you can. I was rethinking my packing yesterday and decided to do this.

a business associate just flew in last night from D.C. and was allowed to bring anything he wanted inside a checked suitcase. He used the packing bags that you stuff with clothes and then roll to create a "vacuum packed" bag, then he wrapped these around several bottles of wine and perfume that he was bringing back from France having returned the day before the fiasco (hasn't he read that CALIFORNIA wines have been outranking French wines on a regular basis ... even in France, sheesh where is the Man's sense of patriotism??) and had no problems at all. He used the same vacuum bags for the crucial stuff he needed to carry onboard and was able to get everything he needed into a bag about the size of an average handbag. Of course, he carried no liquids of any sort.

Maybe thsi is a good excuse to buy a new wardrobe onboard! Then just ship it home. I'll have to think about that :lmao: :dance3:

winotracy said:
Yes, you can. I was rethinking my packing yesterday and decided to do this.
I have been working for about 3 months on the "take aboard" wine list. Of course, everything needs to be sampled to assure it is worthy of the trip!

Heyentah said:
I had a hard time finding this thread!! There are 15 of us traveling together 9/9/06 to Western Caribbean -- CAN'T WAIT!!!!!

We'll have a 10 year old, 7 year old, 3 year old, 11 month old, and a 7 month old -- all little princesses, well, maybe one prince. We don't know yet which the baby due in November will be!

Is anyone making plans for door magnets for this chat group? If not, does anyone want to?
Welcome aboard! My DW and i will be traveling with our 4 year old DD. I am not sure about the door sighs, but we all plan on meeting on Deck 9 near the drink station/Mickey Pool at 3:00 on the first day. You all should join us.

For anyone worried about airline packing, www.tsa.gov has a list of what you can pack where (and, perhaps more importantly, what NOT to pack and where). I'm pretty sure that everyone will be pretty adjusted to all of this by the time we need to cruise.

seadooken said:
I have been working for about 3 months on the "take aboard" wine list. Of course, everything needs to be sampled to assure it is worthy of the trip!

I've got my box packed to go to the ship. Was told by many people that the package arrives long before your luggage so we'll take a chance.

Sample any good ones lately?? :drinking1

Its only because wine is so pricey on board that we are trying to figure how to bring 2 or 3 bottles on the ship. Someone posted on the main cruise board about wine in a box.We are cheap wine drinkers so this might work for us. It would be very difficult to break, I thought it was a good idea. Will try some next week-end..

The wine in a box sounds like a great alternative. I can't wait to see the look on the face of your main server when he tries to figure out the corking fee.

winotracy said:
I've got my box packed to go to the ship. Was told by many people that the package arrives long before your luggage so we'll take a chance.

Sample any good ones lately?? :drinking1

DW and I drink mostly reds.

We are bringing along (so far) some Ravenswood Merlot, Toasted Head Merlot, Blackstone Merlot, and Kendall Jackson Zin, oh yeah, and a big bottle of Crown Royal. My parents are going along and mostly like the whites, I don't know what is on their list though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter