• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

AM E.M.H vs. PM E.M.H ???

P.M. is my favorite. We like to sleep in, so normally don't even leave the hotel til about noon. We'll start in one park, and hop into the one that is open late.

i also say the late ones. but we are not early risers either. btu for the pm ones you get more extra time.. for morning it is 1 hour. though i think most swear by the am ones.

I'm one who goes for the morning. But, then, I'm a morning person anyway. If you are there when the park opens, it is amazing how much you can accomplish in that one hour. You will ride more rides in the evening, sure, because of the time factor. But you also have a longer wait in line.

Well I'm a morning person, but everyone else I go on vacation with aren't exactly morning people haha. I've done a couple AM EMH and they were great! But I really enjoy the PM EMH. The parks stay open for 3 hours and there's usually more open for PM EMH. We've done the EMH at every park except for Animal Kingdom, but we plan on doing every PM EMH while we're there in January (each park has one while we're there). I think now I would definitely choose PM EMH over AM, even if I did have other people that would join me for AM.

wow, Talk about mixed reviews ,4 responses ,2 supporting PM , 2 supporting AM . thats kinda funny LOL

Each EMH experience can be different.

I always go to AM EMH (virtually every day of the trip
that we did not do a PM EMH late the night before)...
never ONCE regretted an AM EMH... they are amazingly
empty and easy to ride the open attractions.
If that park THEN starts to fill 2 to 3 hours later...
Were happy with "doing" that park for the day and we
can HOP elsewhere or do lunch and take a rest until
later.

PM EMH's are a mixed bag. I've been when they were
PACKED... but on other nights (sometimes within the
same trip), the crowds were basically so low that it
was like "free rides" on all the open attractions.

Those who have attended PM EMH's and say that "they
are TOO CROWDED" are right... but ONLY for the nights
they may have attended.
I can say, from personal experience, that they CAN be
EMPTY, or FULL or somewhere IN-BETWEEN for attendance,
often within the same week.

On our most recent late-April trip from WDW,
we went to PM EMH at AK on a Wed night and PM EMH at MK
on a Sun night.
The EMH's were so EMPTY that we could have stayed on many attractions and ridden around and around.
This included Splash, BTM, and Pirates (and many more) at
MK, and Exp. Everest, Kali, and Dinosaur at AK. And
the crowds during the DAY at these parks were very
LARGE... within the first hour of EMH, they simply
"evaporated."

But, it can change so much (either way), that saying
it was "like X" on a given night, can be meaningless
on another night in the same time-period. So, you
simply don't KNOW unless you go. Its similar to saying
that you attended on a given night and it rained, so
guests should never go on that night because it will
probably be rainy.

The rule seems to be, it is far easier for guests to
STAY UP at the end of the day, than it is for them to
GET UP at the start of the day.

But, considering EMH's are FREE to attend... if its
busy, just people-watch or hit the exit (where ELSE
are ya gonna go at 10pm, anyway?)
But if its not busy... you're ALL SET for EXTRA FUN!

We much prefer pm EMH. We like to sleep in and usually don't get to a park until around 11am or noon. We love the parks at night, we love the rides at night...so pm EMH is right up our alley.

Think about who is going on the trip and if you are the early to rise, early to bed type of people then early def go to the am extra hours... if your family is the type that dont mind being up late then take advantage of the pm extra hours....

We do both, my DH say's if we're on vacation...we're taking advantage of each park to it's fullest...which is why I need another vacation, once I get home, just to recover! :rotfl2:

If you asked my 8 yo DD this question, she'd say EMH PM at MGM....we stayed there one night until 1:00 and she thought that was amazing! Me, I'm just happy to be there, don't care which park I'm in and at which time! :thumbsup2

I like to do am at AK. I go straight to the safari. It seems like I have had my best animal viewings on these days. When traveling with kids, the early MK is good. I like to go to fantaslyland and ride Dumbo before the line gets long. I have done the evening one at MK as well and it has been fine, but Space mountian was packed for the first hour.

I have done Epcot and MGM at night. DH and DS rode RNR several times in a row in the last hour of the park being open. In fact, they were the only people on the last train of the night. They posed for the camera and got an awesome picture....which DH bought.

Last year I did PM EMH. Very fun, and the view from Splash Mountain or ToT at night is just awesome. My sis and I were on the last ride of ToT for the night, and we had gone on it four times in a row, just walking straight in. PM EMH at Epcot was a mess. The crowds were horrible, there was about an hour wait for every open attraction. Eek.
I'm not a morning person, so I didn't do any AM EMH.
This year I'm not doing much EMH, since my dog and I can't agree. I can't get up early, he hates staying up late :P
I do want to go to AK during AM EMH to see KS in the morning, when everyone there is waking up and active.

Thanks for the info Robo ........ :thumbsup2 , ...by the way, I will be in the parks 10/14(sun) - 10/18(thu) . I was leaning towards doing all PM EMHs ,But want to do at least 1 AM EMH too, preferably NOt MK since i will be in the MK a LOT with the Halloween party and all,wich one would be best for the morning:)

I prefer evening EMH because I'm not a morning person. Not only that, but it's not as hot when the sun goes down so it's a lot more bearable in the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter