• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Alyssa and John's Wedding 8*27*13

disney747

Earning My Ears
I have been reading the Disboards for quite some time now. I figured it time that I join in and start writing my planning journal. :)

My name is Alyssa and my DF name is John. We are getting married on Tuesday August 27, 2013 at 2:30pm at Disney's Wedding Pavilion. We could not be more excited!!! Our reception will follow with cocktail hour in the Whitehall room and patio and then dinner in St. Augustine's Ballrooms A & B. We currently have about 55 people attending. We are from Upstate New York so this is a destination wedding for us and most of our family and friends. We are also having a dessert party the night before at EPCOT at UK Upper Terrace.

Let me give you the story of John and I. We met in 2004 and started dating June of 2005. We have been together for 8 years this June. On December 24, 2011, John proposed to me. He gave me my Christmas card and as I was reading my Christmas card he had his nephew stand next to me with a small box wrapped in Mickey Christmas paper. When I got to the bottom of the card it said WILL YOU MARRY ME. When I looked up there was John and his nephew with the small box. It was perfect!

Once the New Year came we decided we should start to think about where we would like to get married. We knew we wanted a destination wedding. I have been going to Disney since I was a baby. John made his first trip to Disney in the summer of 2007 with us. We love Walt Disney World and The Disney Cruise Line (we have made it to Disneyland yet, key word yet :) ).
So with that we knew that Disney was the place it had to be. My mom and I made a quick trip down to Disney last January to meet with Disney Fairytale weddings to see if this is something we could afford.

We decided on a summer Wishes wedding in 2013. Let the planning begin! In August 2012 we went down and had walk through with Bill to see Wedding Pavilion and the Grand Floridian Convention Center. We also had our engagement pictures done then.

We are currently still planning and have our planning session on March 7th!

Thanks for reading! I plan to continue to post as things start to change :)

hi! a new journal yay! looking forward to hearing more! what a lovely proposal story!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter