• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Alternatives to Dining Room Dinner - 3 night?

eyeheartgoofy

DIS Veteran
We are doing a 3 night Wonder at the end of the month. We are booked for the second seating for dinner and there is no way my kids will be able to stay up that late.

What are the alternative places to eat?

Thanks.

Assuming you're already on the waitlist for the 1st seating, there's always a chance you'll get switched before you sail. Also, there's a good possibility of switching once you're onboard by going down at 1:00pm (Deck 3, I think) where all the dining changes and reservations can be made. Otherwise, there's always Deck 9 - poolside eateries (Goofy's, etc) and Topsiders buffet (and room service).

Fear not, no one goes hungry on a Disney Cruise.;)

We've always done late seating. My kids actually like it (10 & 6 this time). We order them something from room service around 5pm when we are getting ready to go to the show. They really like the mac and cheese! Then after the show we go to dinner and they eat again. Sometimes they choose not to eat again and would rather go to the Oceaneer's Club/Lab but usually they just eat another dinner and dessert.

Topsiders (called Beach Blanket on the Wonder) is not a buffet at dinner. And they don't serve on the first and last night of the cruise.

You didn't say how old your children are but you might want to take a later nap and then have some room service before the shows in the Walt Disney Theater. Your kids may be able to stay up later for dinner.

ANother alternative is to let your kids eat with the kids club. They will take them to dinner if they are in the club before the transition time.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

I would say to see if "everybody" can take a nap in the afternoon. Even if you had the early dinner seating, you would want your children to be able to see the shows -- especially the Pirate night show and the fireworks.

We just took our granddaughters 9 and 8 to Disney World. With fireworks at 10:00 at night, there can be no early bedtimes so naps were the order of the day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter