• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Alternative to whitewater rafting on AZ/UT ABD

disdad70

Earning My Ears
I'm not interested at all in white water rafting on this adventure. Has any one chosen not to participate and what was the alternative while others were rafting? Thanks

There was only one couple on our trip who chose not to participate in the rafting but I'm not sure what they did instead. There is a spa, a winery and a movie memorabilia museum at Red Cliffs Lodge. There are also horseshoes, hiking trails and horseback riding. You can also book rappelling, ATV tours, Hummer tours, etc., and the vendors will pick you up at the lodge. But there is already a lot of time on your own built into the itinerary to do those kinds of activities.

I wasn't thrilled about the rafting part on the adventure, but it turned out to be a leisurely float down the Colorado River. There wasn't too many rapids when we went I didn't even get wet. So if you are up for a ride you may want to reconsider. But the resort is so beautiful that you would be happy just to hang out there for a few extra hours.

I am a non-swimmer who had only done one raft trip prior to this it. It was my senior trip, so a lot of silliness was going on. The raft tipped, and I have been terrified of rafting ever since.

Well....I ended up going on the rafting trip. It really was quite easy and fun. I shared my concerns with the person in charge of our raft. I really had nothing to worry about though. I had a really good time.

To answer your original question though: I don't think there are alternative options. Both guides and the driver are needed for this section of this trip. The resort is wonderful though, so you could probably spend a relaxing day at the resort without any problem. Also, you could contact the front desk about booking an excursion during this time. We did the ATV tour while there and it was so much fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter