• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Alternative to renting a rollaway?

Blue Eeyore

Mouseketeer
Hey there! Our fam of 5 will be staying at CBR next month. My "infant" who is almost 2 and my 4-year-old will be sleeping in the beds w/ us. That leaves my 8-year-old. There's no way I'm going to shell out an extra $200 to rent a rollaway. Should we just stick him in a sleeping bag or is there a cost-effective bed-like item we should invest in? TIA for ur suggestions :)

We like to use an inflatable mattress. It can be stood up against the wall during the day as to not take up floor space.

We bought a camping hammock it has it's own stand. We place it in the hallway and collapse it in the am. It sets up very quickly. My don is 10 we have used it for two years and there is still lots of room for him to grow into it

We bought this travel cot for my 9 year old daughter this summer:
http://www.amazon.com/PlayHut-01153...B5LM6BY/ref=cm_cr_pr_pb_t/192-0217497-4201839

She used it the entire week we were at ASSp and it worked perfectly. It was smaller than a regular size cot but longer than a toddler cot (by about 12 inches). She didn't get into the sleeping bag, instead she used it as extra padding and covered with an extra sheet. We were able to purchase it from walmart.com for $17...unfortunately, I just looked and they are no longer carrying it online. You may be able to find it somewhere else though.

Our twin sons grew...and grew right past our size of 5'8 and 5'6". One ended up 6'5" and the other 6'2.5" We got the good blow up mattresses with the pump inside them. They ran about 40 bucks from Walmart and do not make any noise when they flip flop. We used to keep them aired up and put them in between the bed closest to the bathroom wall. Packed up in a bag about the size of a sleeping bag. Worked perfect.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter