Alternative to I4 from Jacksonville

disneyfan219

Earning My Ears
I know a lot of people will just say to stay on I-95 South to I-4 to get to Orlando from Jacksonville area, but is there an alternative that won't be mostly/all two-lane road with 35mph limits or way out of the way (like I-10 to 301, etc.)? Looking at the map I see state roads 17/19/441 that would take you there, but how good are these roads? I am not necessarily interested in the fastest way there, but a relaxing scenic route that isn't overly monotonous (or scary).

Thanks

There is not a good way from Jax to the Orlando area that won't take forever. You are best to stay on 95 to Daytona and then I4 to 417 if during the week (rush hour times).

From Daytona, you could get off on 92 and take that through Deland and hook up with 17-92 there and take that down. The I4 times on most days is an hour and a half. To take 17-92 there, 3-4 hours as there is a lot of traffic and stop lights.

Last time we drove we got off of 95 in Jacksonville and took A1A to Daytona. From Daytona we hooked up again onto I-4. The scenery was awesome (shore route), however I think the speed limit is only 35-40 mph or so.

To us it was definitely worth the extra time, and so much better than the highway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter