Alternative to Disney?

travlnman1

Been there..done that..going back!
The cost of a wedding for just 25 guests seems pretty high to me. It would be about $15,000.00 for a Sunday wedding.
Does anyone know of a nice place off site that they can reccommend to hold a wedding and reception?

I've been trying the Swan and Dolphin but the wedding planner never seems to be around to talk to. I keep leaving messages.

Has anyone had their weding there?

Ok...we are asking for the same people...tooo funny...

Have you seen www.justmarry.com ? They are a wedding planning company with an office in Orlando, and they plan weddings for the Swan, and many other locations around Orlando. When I called them, they called me back the same day, and emailed me package prices, but they would customize any of those packages. I would try them, and see what they suggest. I also know that they recommend the Gazebo at the Gaylord Palms hotel. I'm having my wedding at Leu Gardens, not sure if they have space for a reception or not though. I hope you find the perfect spot soon!

Heather

The Gaylord Hotels are beautiful! I went to the one in Texas to look around and there was a wedding going on! I dont know much about anything else, so i would recommend looking at the Gaylord!

For a wedding quote you have to go thru www.justmarry.com
The swan only does the catering if you choose to have it.
I can tell you that our wedding (everything-ceremony,cake,dress,tux's,gifts,alchohol,full course meal,etc) for 16 people a almost 2 week vacation onsite (and us/ioa/kennedy) cost us 10,000
I would get the quote from justmarry..you will be amazed at what it will cost you to have a wonderful wedding!!!
Grover in Winnipeg

We're going with the Swan and Dolphin as well. We're having about 25 guest and the Disney wedding was way too pricey and we didn't want all of the things that were included in the package and you couldn't do any substitutions. It was a pain at first getting a hold of the wedding coordinators, but it's gotten much better. Basically they just ask you want you want and don't want and will do exactly what you like! it's totally customizable. If you have any questions, i'll be happy to help

the swan & dolphin at wdw, is an alternative wedding location still at disney, the weddings are handled through justmarry.com

leu gardens in orlando, i was a bm for a friends wedding there, it was lovely with the gardens & they had the dinner inside them main house & still honeymooned at disney. http://www.leugardens.org/house.html

cypress grove park & estate in orlando, http://www.cypressgrovepark.com/cypressgroveweddings.htm

i know there are some cute chapels in orlando & kissimmee too.

I was poking around the Charming Events site today at the weddings they've done, and there were some lovely venues on there in the Orlando area. Check the Gallery area of the site, then click through the weddings they've done to view some alternative locations.

Emily of Charming Events did Fantasia Sam's wedding, so she comes recommended by DFTW brides, too.

Jennifer

Thanks for all the posts.
I just wanted to say that after days and days of emails and phone messages to justmarry.com, NO ONE from justmarry has ever called me back. I was hugely disapointed in their lack of communication skills. For someone who's trying to plan a wedding, this was very annoying.
The wedding will be taking place at Leu Gardens. Looks great and they are very helpful!

I would have went elsewhere as well if they had treated me like that. At the time I was planning my wedding so many people were having issues with FTW not getting back to them in a timely manner..so irritating.
Surprising though as Just Marry's service to me was excellent--sounds like that has changed.
I did the same thing with the cosmotologist I was going to hire..she came highly recommended but it took her weeks to get back to me by email...so I fired her...my theory is if you are going to have email you better answer the dang things!!

I just had to update this thread.

I JUST received an email from Justmarry...almost 3 WEEKS since I originally started calling and emailing.
That is no way to run as business. I'm just so glad that I'm not the bride. I would be beside myself if I wanted to plan a wedding and no one was responding to my emails and phone calls.

Needless to say...we've booked elsewhere..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter