Alternates to Chef Mickey & Coral Reef

mmccutche

Mouseketeer
Have our ADR's but seeing alot of notes about CM & Reef not being such great choices... Would appreciate your favorite alternative Table Service options at Epcot and Resorts.

Thanks
Mike

Have you eaten at either of these two places before? If not, then why not go ahead and eat at them and form your own opinion? If you have, did your family enjoy them? If so, then go back based on your own experiences. If not, then....

...we like Garden Grill at Epcot. Chip and Dale at dinner? Uh, yes, please. The food is good and it has the best character interaction hands down.

We liked Coral Reef, but we reallllly like Via Napoli and Biergarten at Epcot. We still haven't been to Cape May Cafe for dinner or the Flying Fish, but others really like them both.

We have eaten at both several times. I have opinions about both, but I won't tell you! ;) ;) - If you have never been to either, I will say, they are definately worth going to so that you can experience them for yourself.

The most important thing to remember when reading reviews and opinions for dining choices is:
For every single place in the World - you will find 100 people that love it and another 100 who hate it.
We have eaten at many many many places and honestly there are only a couple that we would never go back to. (and I won't tell you that either!:p). I truly believe that all Disney Dining must be experienced once - you never know what might become YOUR favorite.

The Wave or Kona over Chef Mickey's.

I've had good and not so good at Coral Reef, but never bad. It's a really neat place and worth it for the experience.

We have a few character meals for our 9&7 yr old so we were looking to broaden their horizons if CM & CR aren't so hot...

This is or family's first trip and may be a few years til we go back so trying to make most of our magical days. Thanks again

Mike

I would go to Coral Reef. My food has been very good. Service is usually average or worse, but the aquarium makes it worth while. I return without even hesitating. It is very exciting to walk in there and be surrounded by the blue!

We have a few character meals for our 9&7 yr old so we were looking to broaden their horizons if CM & CR aren't so hot...

This is or family's first trip and may be a few years til we go back so trying to make most of our magical days. Thanks again

Mike

50s Primetime has provided us good memories.

I should clarify these are both as dinners. Don't know if that matters with chef Mickey

I would definitly try Coral Reef. I agree with other reviews of CM, but Coral Reef is on the top of our list.

If you chose Coral Reef because of the atmosphere, then keep it and draw your own conclusion. But if you chose it because it is a TS restaurant with a seafood-centric menu, then you should consider bluezoo or Flying Fish which are both in the Epcot area. Both places focus on seafood and both do it far better than Coral Reef.

My family loved both CM and CR. We love CM for the experience. It is upbeat and a great time for the kids. Food is ok, not great, not terrible. We would definitely go back again. CR is also a great experience but for a totally different reason. The huge fish tanks are amazing and the food is great. I would choose CR.

Our family loves Ohana at fireworks time & Cape May Cafe... Both for dinner.

After each we watch fireworks. From the beach at Polynesian & the bridge near the back entrance to EPCOT after we stop in at Beaches & Cream for an ice cream cone.

We do this on days we don't go into the parks so we still get a fun evening.

I agree with trying them yourself. CR would be great for your kids. I would recommend asking at time of check in for a seat next to the aquarium window if at all possible (never ever hurts to request at Disney). It may take longer to seat, but is fairly awesome to have sharks swimming by your table.

As for CM, if your kids live characters, but don't really want to wait in lines at the parks, this is a great place to interact with Mickey, Donald and Goofy and get photos. Food is nothing special, but this place is more about the characters. I would suggest finding out which characters are must sees for your kids, and then finding the character meals that have them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter