Also just off the Fantasy....Ask anything

roliepolieoliefan

DIS Veteran
Had a great time. It was my husband and I . Thirteen year old son and 8 year old daughter.
We have sailed on the Wonder and Magic previously.

According to a couple CM's the ship only had about 2900 passengers.
For excursions we did Bernards in St Maarten. Coral world on our own in St Thomas and parasailing on Castaway Cay.

Our cabin was 10158 aft.

Feel free to ask any questions. We are almost ready to board our plane home so I may not get back to you until tonight.

We also plan on doing the Virgin Islands on our own. Which beach did you go to? How easy/difficult was it to navigate the island?

Thanks!

Bernard's tours was great on St Maarten. Great people with alot to see. The beaches we did were orient and maho.

St Thomas was super easy. Taxi cabs right at the port with set prices. We did Coral World and Coki beach.
Alot cheaper with way more freedom to do what and when we wanted. Allow plenty of time to get back to the port. The traffic backed up in the afternoon on St Thomas in town.

Thanks a lot for the info. We are hoping to get to Trunk Bay while we are in St. Thomas/St. John. I'm glad to hear that transportation was easy.

Welcome home!

Had a great time. It was my husband and I . Thirteen year old son and 8 year old daughter.
We have sailed on the Wonder and Magic previously.

According to a couple CM's the ship only had about 2900 passengers.
For excursions we did Bernards in St Maarten. Coral world on our own in St Thomas and parasailing on Castaway Cay.

Our cabin was 10158 aft.

Feel free to ask any questions. We are almost ready to board our plane home so I may not get back to you until tonight.

Welcome back!!
We are booked in 10158 on the fantasy in 2013 so I am so happy to find someone who might review that room :) How did you like your room? Do you have pictures of it that we could see? I am curious to hear what you thought about it because we were cautioned a little by our TA due to reviews but the balcony looked so huge we decided to chance it... I had read that the noise was an issue for some in this cabin on the dream but am hoping that they might have improved it some on the fantasy. We are first time cruisers so any advice you might have for us would be wonderful! Also did you stay overnight in port canaveral?
TY for your help :)

So glad you had fun; we are doing the same in 9 weeks! If you could post navigators when you get home that would be awesome!!

We loved 10158.
Yes there was scraping heard only by me which continued until about 10:30pm and started about 6:00am..
I was the only one awakened by the noise. It didn't bother my kids or husband at all.
It was my wake up to go to the gym on sea days and on port days we were up early anyway.
I was able to see some of the other cabins and loved the size of ours and the verandah size. We had alot of storage and extra space.
We had easy access to cabanas and the pool and drink station.
I would definetly book this cabin again without a problem.

Can u PM me your email address and I will email u pictures when I download them. I am clueless on how to post pictures on here.

Forgot some stuff. We flew down Thursday morning and went to universal Thursday and Friday then had a town car take us to the port Saturday morning.

Yes I can post navigators if I can figure out how to do it.
Any activities you want to know about?

Bernard's tours was great on St Maarten. Great people with alot to see. The beaches we did were orient and maho.

St Thomas was super easy. Taxi cabs right at the port with set prices. We did Coral World and Coki beach.
Alot cheaper with way more freedom to do what and when we wanted. Allow plenty of time to get back to the port. The traffic backed up in the afternoon on St Thomas in town.

Welcome back!!
We are from Pittsburgh too and going on the Fantasy in 62 days!!! Can't wait! Do you have any taxi info for St. Marrten? We are looking at going to the Harley Davidson shop there and they told us it is a 5-10 minute taxi ride. Not sure of the cost of that. Shouldn't be to bad, I wouldn't think.

Ok, we have been on the Dream for a 3 day, but are to go on Fantasy 7 day soon.

1. Are the new shows good? Other entertainment?
2. Are the new pool features on the upper forward decks any good, too hot, too crowded, private, or just right?
3. If you put 500 or so more people on board, would that be too crowded? In other words I don't know the capacity, but we are going at a max-capacity time I think.
4. Did you do rainforest room or spa? Comments?
5. We are on 10th deck too. Would you do it again? Was there shade on the verandah due to deck 11 overhang?
6. Finally, has the crew adapted to the new ship? Do things run smoothly?

Just responding to #6, but we were surprised at how well the crew seemed to be adapted to the Fantasy on the MV. Every crew member knew their way around the ship. We actually found it quite easy to get around the ship as well, since the basic layout is similar to the classics. The biggest issue on the Dream seemed to be navigating from forward to aft on Deck 5. On the Fantasy, the doors that had been closed on the Fantasy were propped open 24/7 and we never had an issue getting to our room, though there were MANY turns to take to get there. [We were in 5516.]

I sent you a PM on the way that I post pictures although I know there is more to it, I only know the basics.

Question what was the scraping nosie caused by in your room?

Tell me about Coki Beach....did you like it? Are there decent bathrooms? Can you rent snorkel gear there and is the snorkeling good there? What time should be plan to head back to the ship so we have adequate time to get there? Thanks!

We are in 10658, your twin, in July. I was wondering if they had added the lounge chairs on the verandah like they did on the Dream. That would make my dh sooooo happy and me a bit off the hook for this pricy holiday :thumbsup2

Also, did you book Bernard's on your own and was it a private tour? We are thinking of booking that as well.

Glad you had a great time.

K in SA

I would definitely like to see a copy of the Personal Navigators also. We will be on the Fantasy, Eastern summer of 2013.

TIA for all of you help and all the info.

What sizes did they have available for the costumes at BBB? My daughter is a 14/16 and was wondering if they would have a costume to fit her.TIA

What is a good time to head to the dinner restaurant? Get there early, right when it starts, or a little after?

Planning on doing Coral World when we cruise next summer. We're looking at the turtle encounter. What did you do/see there, and do you have any tips about making the most of our visit there?

Ok, we have been on the Dream for a 3 day, but are to go on Fantasy 7 day soon.

1. Are the new shows good? Other entertainment?
2. Are the new pool features on the upper forward decks any good, too hot, too crowded, private, or just right?
3. If you put 500 or so more people on board, would that be too crowded? In other words I don't know the capacity, but we are going at a max-capacity time I think.
4. Did you do rainforest room or spa? Comments?
5. We are on 10th deck too. Would you do it again? Was there shade on the verandah due to deck 11 overhang?
6. Finally, has the crew adapted to the new ship? Do things run smoothly?

We went to see a couple of the shows. DH and I went to Palo the night of Aladdin so DS took DD. They both said it was good. One night they played Chimpanzee, so we seen that and another night was a comedian ventriloquist. Very good.

We only had 2900 people on our ship out of 4000 and on sea days the pools were very crowded. At times the Aquaduck had a 45 min wait. The pools are way too small! If there was any reason not to sail this ship again, this would be it. No loungers by the pool only chairs that recline.
Disney really messed this up. My kids love to swim and were very aggrevated that they could only stand there with 200 other kids. :rolleyes1
Some people used the other pools but really they are only tiny fountain type things.
The lines got long for some of the more popular characters, especially Phineas and Ferb. We waited about 1/2 hour for them.

Didn't do the spa or rainforest room.

I loved deck 10. Close to the pools, drink station and cabanas. I could hear scraping of the chairs from cabanas every once in a while but my husband and kids didn't notice.
The overhang shaded at times but then other times of the day, the verandah had full sun.

The staff was hit or miss. Some really good, some mediocre. Our servers were nice and friendly some nights were right on other times not so much.
I remember our dervice on the Magic and it wasn't like that but not complainable service either.
Our stateroom attendant was good. The kids loved the towel animals but there were dirty glasses left in our room and verandah at times. Like I said not a big deal, but on the Magic, this never happened.

We loved the cruise, we all had a spectacular time but probably won't do it again.(the kids would love to) The kids are getting older and we want to do other stuff, plus the price is :scared1: which you know.

Tell me about Coki Beach....did you like it? Are there decent bathrooms? Can you rent snorkel gear there and is the snorkeling good there? What time should be plan to head back to the ship so we have adequate time to get there? Thanks!

We didn't stay long, just enough for the kids to get there feet wet and to look around.
The water was gorgeous and it was nice.
I don't know about the bathrooms or snorkel stuff. We used the bathrooms at Coral World before going over.

I would allow agood hour if not more to get back. We went back to the ship about 1pm and traffic was already backing up. I would assume it only gets worse. There were 3 cruise ships in the day we were there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter