Also Back from Cypress Pointe

heidijot

I Am The Evil Queen
Hello Everyone!!!!!

We just got back from 5 marvelous nights at Cypress Pointe!!! We had a great time :goodvibes We stayed in a 2 bedroom in the blue building..I think it was the Wickham building. We were on the first floor facing the pool.
The unit was refurbuished...the appliances etc. did not look like they had ever been used. I would not heisitate to return to CP. The kids loved the pool, as did I. I also loved the screened in porch were we had coffee every
morning. My husband liked the fact that the parks were so close and easy to get to to. :cool1: We went to DTD every night that we were not at a park. Just a five minute or so drive. Gotta have my Ghiradellis waffle cone. :mickeybar There were plenty of resturants close by to choose from, a drugstore, grocery store and shopping.

The only drawback to the room was the lack of windows in the second bedroom. It seemed stuffy but there was a ceiling fan. And the kids did not complain.

In another CP thread they mentioned to close the drapes in the bedroom or people can see the bathroom in the mirror. We found that out also!!! :rolleyes1

If anyone has any questions please ask!!!!!
To anyone who is going..I'm jealous!!!

Heidi :earsgirl:

heidijot said:
My husband liked the fact that the parks were so close and easy to get to to. :cool1: We went to DTD every night that we were not at a park. Just a five minute or so drive. Gotta have my Ghiradellis waffle cone. :mickeybar There were plenty of resturants close by to choose from, a drugstore, grocery store and shopping.
I'm interested in a restaurant for a late breakfast/early lunch. Somewhere DH and I could have breakfast food but the kids could have lunch food. Do you happen to know what's available in that area?

How easy was it to find your way into/out of the park(specifically MK)?

Also, tell us all! I love to hear lots of nitty gritty details and I'm always looking for more details about Cypress Pointe. Tell me all about the pool and the room. Did you notice if the little onsite store had milk by the gallon? I'd love to hear anything else you want to share.

Glad to help......We ate breakfast in the room but nearby there was a Shoney's...Denny's and I think a Golden Corral. The onsite store did not have milk by the gallon but right down the street was a Winn-Dixie and in the little plaza next door there was a convience store. The onsite store had about everything else (pool toys too!)and the pizza was good.

The room was awesome. It was almost too good to mess up!!! The kitchen had every gadget you could want and there was also a vacumn, broom, laundry basket and iron....but of course this is a vacation :earseek:

If you want a chair at the pool, put out your towel early. We also got a table and brought a cooler with lunch. Also there was a man giving chair massages for $1.00.

Some people do not like the bathroom setup. There is not a seperate room for the toilet. It did not bother us. The bathroom is huge, or it is to us, with two sinks, and large shower...big enough for 2..and a tub with jet action. No hair dryer but plenty of towels.

The washer/dryer was brand new and could hold quite a bit. It also played music at the end of the wash cycle.

The time share people only called once...they were not too obnoxious. We could have had $75.00 in gift certificates for the parks but did not have time to go to the presentation.

CP is definately a great place to vacation!!!

Heidi :earsgirl:

We really enjoyed our stay at Cypress Pointe as well when we were there in April. I hope they keep offering such good deals through Hotel Kingdom! The lady at the welcome/time share desk was amazed at the price we got it for ($67/night for a 2 bedroom). We loved the Volcano pool. Both the pool and hot tub were well used. We had a ground floor suite that faced the back, so not the parking lot, and we loved watching the geckos scurry up the trees (sounds pathetic, I know, but we don't have those here in Alberta!) Wow, I don't think our washing machine played music, but the buzzer on the dryer was loud enough to wake the dead..lol. It took a long time to dry as well. Our jacuzzi wasn't working properly when we first got there, but they fixed it promptly. It would have been nice if the second bedroom had a window and we could hear some noise out in the "hallway", but nothing major and having the ceiling fan was nice also. I'll never be able to stay in a regular hotel room if I go back to Disney. Enjoy your trip and I hope it's everything you imagined it to be!

welcome back, guys.....glad you all had great trips and liked CP. phew...always worries me when I recommend a place. We were impressed too. :)

Were there any scheduled activities for kids during the day at CP?

cruisnfamily said:
How easy was it to find your way into/out of the park(specifically MK)?

Also, tell us all! I love to hear lots of nitty gritty details and I'm always looking for more details about Cypress Pointe. Tell me all about the pool and the room. Did you notice if the little onsite store had milk by the gallon? I'd love to hear anything else you want to share.

We just returned as well & I found a BACK WAY into MK that only took 15 minutes & you get to park for FREE!!!! Take 535 to Vista Blvd and follow past Fort Wilderness. After you merge with traffic just past the parking toll, you'll need to turn left at the first stop lights heading right past the Polynesian. Continue around the circle (you'll see the MK parking lot on your left) and follow the signs to MK parking). If you don't go this way (and go through DTD instead), you will hit TONS of stoplights and traffic. It will take you at least another 15 minutes!

We spent our pool time at the volcano pool because our kids liked the slides. On our VERY last day we ventured across to CPGV's Turtle Pool. It was MUCH warmer than the temperature of the Volcano Pool. Wished we would have known that earlier in the week.

LASTLY, we requested a ground floor room because we didn't want to walk the steps. In retrospect, I think I would have preferred walking the steps compared to listening to everyone walk up & down the steps (my bed was right underneath the first floor steps and next to the garbage). IT was REALLY LOUD. At 6:30am someone dropped their suitcase down the steps (which was loud by itself) and then yelled "oh no!!!". Needless to say, I was awake for the day!

I don't want this to sound like we didn't enjoy our stay... just that the person that sleeps the most soundly should pick the front (suite A) bedroom if you have a 3 bedroom unit booked.

Any other questions, just ask!

Thanks for the info. Trying to decide which floor to request now as I am a light sleeper. If we request 3rd floor is it a pain to carry all that luggage up and down those stairs?

Beachbum3 said:
Thanks for the info. Trying to decide which floor to request now as I am a light sleeper. If we request 3rd floor is it a pain to carry all that luggage up and down those stairs?

Remember there is a washer dryer in the unit, so you don't have to pack as much. We aren't planning to pack a lot (one suitcase per person)

amw said:
Were there any scheduled activities for kids during the day at CP?

When we were there in March I was told no more activities by the gentleman at the front desk.
There is mini golf at CPGV (about $20 unlimited for the week or free if you bring your own putters/balls) and a game room near the CP pool.

Does the one bedroom have a screened-in porch or screened-in balcony also? I think this trip will be just DH and myself and a screened-in porch would be nice.

DJT said:
Does the one bedroom have a screened-in porch or screened-in balcony also? I think this trip will be just DH and myself and a screened-in porch would be nice.

Yes, the one bedroom has a screened in porch. This is also the noisiest room since you are right off the outside corridor and next to the stairs.

It also has a TV w/DVD player, a coffee maker & a refrigerator (no microwave that I remember)

If it's the noisest room, I don't think my husband would like it. Thank you so much for that information!

FishNette said:
We just returned as well & I found a BACK WAY into MK that only took 15 minutes & you get to park for FREE!!!! Take 535 to Vista Blvd and follow past Fort Wilderness. After you merge with traffic just past the parking toll, you'll need to turn left at the first stop lights heading right past the Polynesian. Continue around the circle (you'll see the MK parking lot on your left) and follow the signs to MK parking). If you don't go this way (and go through DTD instead), you will hit TONS of stoplights and traffic. It will take you at least another 15 minutes!

Thanks for the info. I think someone referenced knowing this and the entire thread disappeared, apparently to save us from the dark side. Are the signs obvious about how to get to AAA parking when enter that way?

You can also head down to DTD on Hotel Blvd. and turn RIGHT. Take a left on Vacation Club Way(used to be Community Dr.) and come out on Bonnet Creek between Old Key West and POFQ. Take a right there and a left when the road ends. This is the road that goes by Ft Wilderness and then your same directions for FREE parking! There used to be a booth on this road, but for some reason they tore it down.

These shortcut driving directions are great! Not really trying to get out of paying to park, I'm fine with that, but it would be nice to find a quick way into Disney. The problem is we're staying at Cypress Pointe and I don't know where any of these roads are from there or how to get to them. Is there a map somebody can link? I'd love to avoid some of the stoplights and find a quick way to park at Epcot.

I don't know about those particular shortcut directions...but I can tell you that would be the long way to get to Epcot, LOL! From CP, you need to take 535 (Apopka-Vineland Rd., the main road that CP exits out onto) to I-4 west, toward Tampa. You'll have to go through 2-3 traffic lights before you hit the onramp, then follow the freeway signs to Epcot...it's the next (comes up very quick) exit, and from there it's all highway till you get to the Epcot entrance. In regular traffic, takes maybe 10 min. to get to Epcot. :flower:

I've stayed at Cypress Pointe Villas about 6 times. Its one of my favorite hotels in the orlando area. And it seems like NO ONE knows about it. The pool is great, amenities are nice. The only creepy thing, i thought, is that while your lieing in bed, you could, watch someone take a bath. Maybe nice for a couple... But not for a group of friends.. ;)

But yeah, glad other people are finding out about the hotel. Nice stuff and so cheap!! |

I think the lowest I got there was 58/night. SUCH A GREAT DEAL!

Glad you enjoyed it!

Hi - what's the difference b/w Cypress Pointe Resort and Grand Villas, and Cypress Pointe Resort at Lake Buena Vista? They're listed separately under my in-law's timeshare directory. :confused3

We are staying at CPGV in October. I was just wondering if some of you considered parking your car at DTD and taking the shuttle around "town"... since everyone says that's it so close. I was considering that, cause we've never driven around Orlando...

Chantal

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter