Alright TGM - I got sick of looking at

lillygator

DIS Veteran
the save $3....so I caved and subscribed.....let's see what you can tell this Disney lovin' gal!

ok, I already need help...I guess I was under the assupmtion I fill out a questionairre and then TGM gives me a "schedule"...is that not right? I am on the site trying to figure it out....but it makes no sense....??? Any help would be appreciated!

It's VERY overwhelming at first.... stick with it and ask any questions over on the TGM forums, that's where I got my help. Good Luck!!

Click on the AVP forums and post a help question there. They'll point you in the right direction.

I would start with your vacation month's express planner. Don't skim it. Really read it and try not to click away from it. Clicking all the links is what got me confused in the beginning.

lillygator said:
ok, I already need help...I guess I was under the assupmtion I fill out a questionairre and then TGM gives me a "schedule"...is that not right? I am on the site trying to figure it out....but it makes no sense....??? Any help would be appreciated!

Hi Lillygator! Please hurry over to the TGM forums - there is a special thread discussing how to navigate the AVP - or post your own questions there.

The AVP doesn't spit out an itinerary for you - it teaches you how to develop your own, and gives you some sample touring plans to work from.

Welcome aboard - we'll have you "un-confused" in no time. ;)

lillygator said:

TGM won't give you a schedule, but recommended times to hit the attractions (the sample tours), then which parks on which days (along with a ton of other info). He also gives the reasoning behing the recommendations for two reason: 1. So you can make informed decisions about what you want - not just following a list. And 2. So that when the inevitable happens and you have to deviate due to unforseen circumstances, you'll know how to recover and keep having a magical day!

The advice from the previous posters about the express planners and the forums are spot on. We've got a board over there all set up to help clarify any questions.

We're a friendly bunch!

I also recommend starting with your month's express planner. When you log into your AVP you'll see a blue box right in the center of the screen with all the months in it. Click on your month and start there. It will walk you through all the steps for planning the perfect vacation. If there's something that you don't feel applies to you, choosing a resort for example if you've already done that, I'd recommend looking over the page anyway, just in case. When I come to a link in the page that takes me away I generally like to open that link in a new page so I can just close it when I'm done. Of course, the back button works too. ;)

Feel welcome to pop into the TGM forums for help at any time. We're a friendly bunch! :goodvibes

I was just as confused when I first subscribed...must say that I think I still am a little ...but he has great info...I am going to put it to the test in April - I actually planned our ADR's around his best/worst days to go to which park...there really is a lot of great information...it just takes time to read it all.

Hollua said:
Click on the AVP forums and post a help question there. They'll point you in the right direction.

I would start with your vacation month's express planner. Don't skim it. Really read it and try not to click away from it. Clicking all the links is what got me confused in the beginning.
Where is the AVP forum. Looked for it. Didn't find it. :confused3

AllNamesTaken said:

After you log in, there should be a button near the top left that says AVP Forums.

AllNamesTaken said:

It's a little button on the top. Sign on then look to the left top screen. There are 2 little people heads next to a button that says AVP forums. Hope this helps. Welcome to the land of confusion. I'm there with you.

lkohawaii said:
It's a little button on the top. Sign on then look to the left top screen. There are 2 little people heads next to a button that says AVP forums. Hope this helps. Welcome to the land of confusion. I'm there with you.
Thanks for trying to help but I still don't see it. Is it possible I don't have it because I'm too new? I asked for help on the technical forum but they didn't know what the avp forum is either! What does avp stand for? :confused3

AllNamesTaken said:
Thanks for trying to help but I still don't see it. Is it possible I don't have it because I'm too new? I asked for help on the technical forum but they didn't know what the avp forum is either! What does avp stand for? :confused3

AllnamesTaken (btw, great name!)

Are you sure you are signed on into the avp on Tourguide Miikes site? The word AVP is short for Automatic Vacation Planner, which is what tgm'ers call their subscription to tourguidemike.

You will only see the little blue people on the left corner if you are logged on to the site.

HTH

Disneydreamer315 said:
AllnamesTaken (btw, great name!)

Are you sure you are signed on into the avp on Tourguide Miikes site? The word AVP is short for Automatic Vacation Planner, which is what tgm'ers call their subscription to tourguidemike.

You will only see the little blue people on the left corner if you are logged on to the site.

HTH
OK! Lightbulb just went off. I thought the forum was on this website. Didn't realize it is actually on TGM. Thanks!! :sunny:

SeattleMark said:
TGM won't give you a schedule, but recommended times to hit the attractions (the sample tours), then which parks on which days (along with a ton of other info).

Actually, there ARE prefabbed itineraries, if you choose to go that route.

AllNamesTaken said:
OK! Lightbulb just went off. I thought the forum was on this website. Didn't realize it is actually on TGM. Thanks!! :sunny:

You make me feel better. I'm glad you found the AVP. At least when I'm totally lost in TGM I'l know I have someone just like me. Don't worry though the more you play around with the site the better off you are. Good thing I signed up 9 months before my trip. I will remember things I read and not know how to get to the place. Everybody on those forums are soo helpful...just like here. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter