Already Received Magic Bands, but now have changed reservations?

champdds

DIS Veteran wanna-be
I originally had a reservation at the Caribbean Beach Resort from Nov. 2-9th made through WDW website, and have already received the magic bands assigned to this reservation....I am going to have to cancel this reservation, as I have needed to utilize a travel agent now and have changed the dates from Nov 3-10th (long story) with a new reservation number...When I go to link the new reservation, it does link to MY DISNEY EXPERIENCE, and is now wanting me to start a NEW order for the Magic Bands for this new reservation...

My question is- Do I simply just start over and get totally new Magic Bands for the new reservation, and simply discard the ones I just got for the old reservation I am going to cancel, (which seems a waste), or is there an EASY way to have the previous bands just reassigned to the new reservation?

And as a secondary question..We were just in WDW in May of this year...do they ever just reassign the bands that we used then for the new trip? Or do they always issue new ones every time?

David

1. Do I simply just start over and get totally new Magic Bands for the new reservation, and simply

2. discard the ones I just got for the old reservation I am going to cancel, (which seems a waste), or

3. is there an EASY way to have the previous bands just reassigned to the new reservation?

And as a secondary question..We were just in WDW in May of this year…

3. & 4. do they ever just reassign the bands that we used then for the new trip? Or

5. do they always issue new ones every time?

David

1. You can if you like.

2. No! You would not discard the first set, as they will ALSO work during your revised trip.

3. Bands are NOT "assigned" to specific trips. The bands are assigned to INDIVIDUAL GUESTS
and any band, once assigned to a guest, will continue to work for that guest on any trip that
the guest takes.

4. Your old bands will continue to work during your upcoming trip, if you want to take them with you.

5. Yes, they do issue new bands, and those new ones will ALSO work for this trip…
and for any upcoming trip up to 2-3 years from the first time they are issued.
(After 2-3 years, the bands' internal batteries can die.)

--------------------

Just to keep things as clear as possible-

There is no reservation info, or ticket info, or credit card info,
or FP+ info "put onto" a MagicBand.

The MagicBands just contain (and weakly "transmit") a unique serial number that is used to access the information that is stored in your MyDisneyExperience computer file.

So, even if you were to lose a MagicBand, the info stays locked in your file.
Disney can just set up a new band (different serial number)
to access the info in your MDE file.
Disney can also issue ADDITIONAL MB's to a guest and each
additional band can be used for the same purposes as the first band.
So, yes, there can be multiple MB's per person, and each of them can be used by that person.

The MagicBand works like the combination to a locked safe, or a key to a locked door.

The MB, itself, is not the file of info or the container of the info.
The MB just unlocks the file of info, allowing it to be accessed from your MDE account when needed.

The MagicBand works like the combination to a locked safe, or a key to a locked door.

The MB, itself, is not the file of info or the container of the info.
The MB just unlocks the file of info, allowing it to be accessed from your MDE account when needed.

This is a great explanation! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter