• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

already glad we have dvc

DISNEYFOURME

Mouseketeer
Ok so we haven't even used our DVC yet and I said to my dh today, thank goodness we have DVC! My dd has been so very sick with a horrible cough/sinus that she is now on an antibiodic. She will be on it when we leave next Wednesday. It needs to be refrigerated. Although we are just in a studio for 11 nights it will have a fridge!! All the years prior we stayed at value resorts without them! (Sure we could always pay daily if we needed it, but...). So now I am wondering, how will it be to go through security with a prescribed liquid medicine (actually 2 different kinds)?? I would like to carry it on as I would hate for our luggage to be lost with that in it! We are flying AirTran out of Chicago.

If you don't get an answer here, ask on the Transportation board. I did once when I had a question about the rules.

I know there are exclusions for the 3 ounce limit and medication is mentioned, but I don't know the specific. I have a friend who has eye medicine that must be chilled and she's never had a problem.

Bobbi:goodvibes

Ok so we haven't even used our DVC yet and I said to my dh today, thank goodness we have DVC! My dd has been so very sick with a horrible cough/sinus that she is now on an antibiodic. She will be on it when we leave next Wednesday. It needs to be refrigerated. Although we are just in a studio for 11 nights it will have a fridge!! All the years prior we stayed at value resorts without them! (Sure we could always pay daily if we needed it, but...). So now I am wondering, how will it be to go through security with a prescribed liquid medicine (actually 2 different kinds)?? I would like to carry it on as I would hate for our luggage to be lost with that in it! We are flying AirTran out of Chicago.

Get a small cooler bag and freeze some grapes, use the grapes as the "ice pack" and then you can eat them later.

Someone had a similar question and the response was that medication is an exception along with an ice pack to keep it chilled.

You just need to present it at the security check - I always travel with childrens tylenol and benadryl for my daughter and just put it in a small dish at the security check - never had a problem.

We travel with a ton of over the counter meds on every trip (just in case this or that pops up while down there) and they never say anything. We have all in one of our carry on bags and we just put it through and they never check to see what all is in there. You should be fine. :thumbsup2

if it is a prescription no problem at all. just put it through security. We always have prescription eardrops with us and infant tylenol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter