Already booked, can I still get AAA discount?

AUTUMN SUN

Mouseketeer
This is kinda a dumb question. I booked my WDW trip online through the WDW website. My way package, tickets,resort and dining. As far as I know there was no discount. I am an AAA member, could I have gotten a better deal through Automobile club? If so can I still get any kind of discount off my room? Thanks! :sunny:

There is only so many rooms set aside to recieve the AAA discount. So depending how full the hotel is, you might be able to.

FanofTink said:
You would have needed to book it directly through a AAA agency.

I thought you could call CRO and book AAA as long as you gave them your AAA number...??? Can someone clarify this for me, please? :confused3

I am looking for an answer to this too. My son was told by CRO that he could add the discount in the future, but I thought you had to book through AAA. Anyone know for sure?

I had asked the AAA discount question recently too. I was told you can book a room-only AAA discount through CRO; you have to book AAA packages through a AAA agent. And yes, only a certain number of rooms are set aside for AAA discounts so call early.

I just called CRO last night and made my room-only reservation at the Poly for October 2006 and got a 10% AAA discount.

Debbie

WeLoveThePoly said:
I had asked the AAA discount question recently too. I was told you can book a room-only AAA discount through CRO; you have to book AAA packages through a AAA agent. And yes, only a certain number of rooms are set aside for AAA discounts so call early.

I just called CRO last night and made my room-only reservation at the Poly for October 2006 and got a 10% AAA discount.

Debbie
Debbie is correct about the AAA discount.
But there is no "double Dipping" with the dining offer. Guests had to choose between the free dining or a dicount.(AAA,AP) Also a package had to be booked. That is why a lot of people with AP's just opted for a 1 day pass.
They would the free dining that way and save their pass for a future date.
Have fun at Disney.
Linda ::MinnieMo

I had already booked our vacation before thinking about AAA discount too. I called up our local office and asked them to run the #'s so that I could price compare and then had them book a package deal to get the discount. Then I cancelled my original booking only after discounted reservation was confirmed. Another advantage is you can make 1 local phone call for all changes vs. sitting on hold with WDW. This is what I did when free dining came out - called back my TA and she made the changes/arrangements and yes I did have to forfeit the AAA discount at that time but it was less than $100 for the free dining for us - so I would call AAA and have them run the numbers. If it makes sense have them make a reservation and then cxl your direct reservation. You can make changes to your reservation up to your payoff date w/o penalties.

It's A Happy Day said:
I had already booked our vacation before thinking about AAA discount too. I called up our local office and asked them to run the #'s so that I could price compare and then had them book a package deal to get the discount. Then I cancelled my original booking only after discounted reservation was confirmed. Another advantage is you can make 1 local phone call for all changes vs. sitting on hold with WDW. This is what I did when free dining came out - called back my TA and she made the changes/arrangements and yes I did have to forfeit the AAA discount at that time but it was less than $100 for the free dining for us - so I would call AAA and have them run the numbers. If it makes sense have them make a reservation and then cxl your direct reservation. You can make changes to your reservation up to your payoff date w/o penalties.

Ditto! I did the exact same thing yesterday! Secured my AAA package and then called WDW CR and cancelled my original reservation. Saved over $300!!

I too am in the same boat. When I called Disney Res they told me that I could not get both the AAA room discount and the dining package. (11/29 - 12/6) They did quote me a AAA discount price on a preferred view room at the ASMo for 7 nites at a $245 savings over the week for room and tickets only. But I really liked the convenience of the prepaid dining so I am going to check with AAA and see if I can get the MYW plus dining and still get a room discount. I'll let you know what i find out.

I got the AAA discount, and I just called and made the reservations myself. They asked for my AAA # and said I will have to show the card at check in. You do not have to book it through AAA agency. The problem is that they only set aside a few rooms per hotel to receive the disount.

I was disappointed in the minimal savings I got from AAA. Although it was a short stay at PC with a preferred room. We are going 12/15 - 12/19 with basic tix and the dining plan. I was quoted 1506 by CRO and 1424 by AAA. Yes it is some savings but not as much as I hoped. Any thoughts? Should I see what I can get a moderate for? I have always wanted to stay at PC. I think the theming looks cool and their transportation is superior than most other resorts......

If you book thru CRO you can get discount on room only. To get discount on room, dining, etc. you will need to go directly thru AAA. I had originally booked room only and wanted pkg that included dining & hopper tkts. With room only (thru CRO) there is no charge to cancel within 5 days of arrival. Once you've booked with AAA cancel the CRO ressie. I wanted to add dining & get the discounted room, so was worth it.

bigcrit said:
I was disappointed in the minimal savings I got from AAA. Although it was a short stay at PC with a preferred room. We are going 12/15 - 12/19 with basic tix and the dining plan. I was quoted 1506 by CRO and 1424 by AAA. Yes it is some savings but not as much as I hoped. Any thoughts? Should I see what I can get a moderate for? I have always wanted to stay at PC. I think the theming looks cool and their transportation is superior than most other resorts......

FYI...The AAA discount increases as you go up the resort food chain. This is why people were more reluctant to give up their discounted rates at the moderate and deluxe resorts when the free dining came around as it was a deeper room discount on those rooms thus not as much of a saving for free dining. To stay at the value resorts the AAA discount doesn't save you as much as it would at the other resorts, so I would call for a quote and see if it is better for you.

We've been trying to keep our costs down this trip. I finally convinced my wife that our daughters would love to go to Disney for their B-Day. She finally relented! :cool1: This past May we stayed at the CR and loved it. Unfortunately going during the holidays has put the squeeze on our finances. Any ideas on how to save would be appreciated.

Well I called today. Heres what I was told. I could cancel my reservation through WDW and re-book through AAA to get a discount. When I asked about my trip being during the holiday she said, " I didnt notice your dates, there are no AAA discounts at that time." So im leaving as is. Before she hung up she said" Would you like me to transfer you to dining to make reservations?" :earseek: Of course I said,"Isnt it to early?" :teeth:
Oh well, it would have been nice!!!!

bigcrit said:
We've been trying to keep our costs down this trip. I finally convinced my wife that our daughters would love to go to Disney for their B-Day. She finally relented! :cool1: This past May we stayed at the CR and loved it. Unfortunately going during the holidays has put the squeeze on our finances. Any ideas on how to save would be appreciated.

Stay at the All Star resorts.
I have stayed at CR before and it was ok but I actually prefer the All Stars.
the rooms are clean, the CM's friendly,the buses are wonderful,the pools are fun, the food court is great for a bite to eat before heading to the parks.

I am 55 years old and travel several times a year. I often stay at 4 star hotels.
So the deluxe resorts do not have anything special for me.
All Star is like being in the heart of the Magic and that is where I want to be.

All Star Music is my favorite.It is quieter because more couples stay there. I love staying at the Clypso building. It is closer to the pool,food court and bus stop.

Here is a site with a map of All Star Sports and All Star Music.
http://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/allstarmap.htm
Scroll down.All Star Music is at the bottom of the page.
The Calypso buildings at All Star Music are #1 and #10 are nearest to the food court and bus stop.
They are the preferred buildings and cost about $12 extra per night.
The Calypso pool at ASMU has Donald Duck.

Here is the map of All Movies.
http://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/allstarmovie.JPG
The Fantasia Buildings are the preferred buildings.
The All Star Movie Fantasia pool has Mickey.
It is a great place to stay .
Preschoolers love it.
It is like being in the middle of a Disney Movie Fantasyland.
All Star Movies has pop up fountains now also.
The buses are wonderful.

Bus rides are quite short from the ALL Stars according to PassPorter.com

All Star Buses-CBR buses---CSR buses--PO buses--- Contemporary
MK 20 min---- 20 min-----15 min------10 min---20 min(mono)
Epcot 10 min-- 15 min-----15 min------10 min---15 min
MGM 10 min----12 min-----15 min------15 min---20min
AK 10 min------20min-------10 min----15 min---20 min
DTD 15 min----20 min------35 min-----15 min---35 min

It only takes 10 minutes to get to Epcot,MGM and AK from All Stars.
MK is 20 min away. That's the same amount of time it takes on the monorail from the Contemporary.

The All Star resorts have 1960 rooms each.
Pop has 2,880rooms.
That means more people in the pools,food court and in line waiting for the bus at POP.
When phase 2 of POP is built it will be 2 bus stops at POP and the 2 POPs will have the same # of rooms as the 3 All Stars.

Also All Star is closer to the main road to get to parks and thats why bus rides are shorter from there than from POP.

A WORD ABOUT BUS SHARING:

It is usually just our stop and maybe one more on the way to the parks. On the way back sometimes its all 3 but often Sports and Music share and Movies has it's own bus back.

I guess some people who stay at POP see all 3 All Star names on the return sign of our bus stop when they head to the POP bus stop and think All Stars also has 3 stops on the way to the park.
(Even when we stop at another AS resort to load up it has not taken more than 5 minutes and we are on our way!)

I have visited WDW more than a dozen times with the 1st time in Oct. 1971. It was brand new. I've stayed at FW, Disney Inn, a few the of Hotels on hotel Blvd., CBR and the towers at the Contemporary. I got to see the MK from my balcony at the Contemporary and I'm happy I got to experience it once. I just prefer the All Star Resorts.
The theaming is pure Disney.
My last 4 visits have been at The All Stars and this fall when we take dd,dsil, and our grandson age 3 we are staying at the All Stars Music. I thought about AKL and even though we can well afford AKL I just wanted Alex to experience the Disney Magic :wizard: at the All Stars on his first visit.
Where else can one find Donald Duck or Mickey Mouse at the pool?
Have a great time at Disney!
Linda ::MinnieMo

Minnie - Thanks for taking the time to reply. I love your reasoning for the All Stars. We just love the theming for Pop (at least what we see in pictures). I think we are going to go there. Thanks for the advice though.

:flower:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter