• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Alone....with 2 toddlers

heatherbethyname

Earning My Ears
My husband and I are coming to Walt Disney World in May. He will be attending a conference during the day offsite leaving me with the kids. I plan to spend those days by the resort pool, playground, community hall etc. We normally stay (for the past 3 years) at the AK Kidani Village. I am thinking of changing it up next year. So where would you stay if you just planned to spend the majority of your time at a WDW resort hotel?

I would choose a monorail resort.Even if you choose not to go into the parks, you could still take the monorail for a ride, or take the boat to FW, even just for the boat ride. A zero entry pool and a sand beach might be nice too.

My first choice would be AK, but since you said you wanted to switch it up, then I would choose the Boardwalk. We love the pool and walking the boardwalk, lots of fun things to do if you plan to just hang out.

Not everyone's favorite, but I love the Paddock Pool at Saratoga Springs. The little kid area would be perfect for your toddlers and the big pool is zero entry. SSR is also a short walk to downtown Disney where you could grab some cheap yummy earl of sandwich while your kids play in the fountains. Plus it's a great time to check out this awesome hotel if you are not so concerned with getting to the parks.

We love the Beach Club. It has a great pool, close to Boardwalk and close to Epcot. But maybe Contemporary.

You might want to consider Fort Wilderness but renting one of the cabins. There are pony rides, playgrounds, chip n' dale singalong in the evenings.... you will also be a short boat ride from the Contemporary, WL & MK.

That being said, I am a huge fan of those zero entry pools for toddlers. So I think if you chose any resort that has that - you will enjoy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter