• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"alone time " massage ??

t-bone

Mouseketeer
Does anyone know about the "alone time" massage? Is this the one in the special spa room that overlooks the ocean? On the Disney site it says that it is only 105 min. But when you go to book it it says 150 min. Who knows what's up? and , is it worth the money? I could really use 150 min. of "alone time". any feedback would be great. Thanks- Tracey

I did this on 12/3 -- It was AMAZING! In a private room/villa- wiith verandah- overlooking ocean- simply awesome. Pricey - but I enjoyed every minute.

First you sit in jacuzzi for 20-30 minutes, then 50 minute masssage - then chill out time on daybed on verandah. Total time -- I would guess about 2 hours or so - I honestly lost track of time so I am not really sure!

P.S. - On Magic -my therapist was Peter - great guy - excellent massage - if you want to request him

So, it was longer than 105 min.?? I think I am going to do it. It is $199.00 Is this what you paid? Does this include the tea service? Thanks for your replies.. Tracey

Yep - $199 - plus tip (I gave cash) - includes tea - tea thing not a big deal - just tea out on the daybed - To me the really incredible thing is sitting in this jacuzzi on the private verandah staring out into the deep blue...I am getting dreamy just thinking about it.......

I noticed this was offered on our upcoming Wonder 4 night cruise and I am trying to figure out how it is done since the Wonder has not had the Spa upgrades which the Magic had this fall. Does anyone know how this is done on the Wonder?

Go for a Vista Spa tour during the sail away party. There's not many people at the spa then so the workers are usually hanging out at the entrance itching to show people the new facilities since the drydock. Here's some photos:

spa13vy.jpg

Large veranda with jacuzzi in the corner plus I think that's an outside shower
spa26uf.jpg

Bed on the veranda as well
spa37op.jpg

So, I can imagine that this isn't as awesome on port days as it is on sea days? If you do it on a port day are you just looking at the port with all the people walking around? I guess you would have to wear a bathing suit. Thanks for the input and the great pictures !!!
Tracey

Yeah, it's probably not a good idea to be walking around nekkid on the big veranda unless you're at sea :cool1: . I think if you look down, you can see the mini-docking bridge down below so you might make some officers blush if they see you while trying to dock. Also, looking up and to the aft, the people on deck 10 have a pretty good view of a part of the veranda and possibly the jacuzzi so just keep that in mind. :bitelip: :3dglasses

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter