Alone time at the spa

dslovesminnie

Earning My Ears
After 5 days with the family I went to the Vista Spa for "Alone Time". For $199 you get a private verandah with your own hot tub and lounge area. You don't get much time to enjoy it though because before you know it your therapist will be back to give you your choice of massage. I would not recommend the deep tissue massage since I am still recovering from being beat to a pulp. I have had many massages and this one made me more sore in the following days than when I first went in. I was then treated to a mini facial. I felt the quiet time and the service was worth the money and enjoyed it very much, until...when you're treatment is over the therapist asks you how you enjoyed everything, how does your face feel? Then she tries to sell you every product she's used on you. They have you fill out a questionnare before your treatment about your health and beauty concerns. Becareful how you answer because they will try to sell you a product for every concern you've listed. I actually got suckered into getting a toner, some serum and a mask. These 3 items put me out another $200. Oh and don't forget the tip. Time alone in the spa can really ad up so be aware at the end of the treatment unless you really want to buy something, make up an excuse, get dressed and out of there!!

Sounds wonderful (minus the sales pitch!!) Was this a specific package? I have been looking at the hot stone massage! Anyone know about that one!!
:scratchin

I had my first and last massage on the Magic. It was just a normal massage and I felt like I had the pulp beaten out of me also. I cannot imagine what the deep tissue massage feels like! :scared1:

tjeagle said:
Sounds wonderful (minus the sales pitch!!) Was this a specific package? I have been looking at the hot stone massage! Anyone know about that one!!
:scratchin

I really enjoyed my hot stone massage on our 1/06 cruise. I noted on my questionaire in the beginning that I did not want a sales pitch and they honored my request.

Alone time.........ahhhhh. That sounds nice!
My DH is a licensed massage therapist, and he tried deep tissue on me once. Notice I said once? It hurt. For days. If you have a very high tolerance for pain, deep tissue (Swedish) is the way to go. I prefer something that gets the knots out, with a soft touch. Much, much better, and your muscles aren't aching for days!!

Sorry you had a bad massage. In my experience, any reputable massage therapist will allow you to select from a range of pressures, even if the massage is sold as "deep tissue", "sports" or "therapeutic". If something starts to feel uncomfortable, speak up. You are paying good money for a treatment that should make you feel better, not worse, after it is over.

Well in my case I did speak up. 2 or 3 times I said 'ouch, that hurts' or 'can you be a little more gentle?' Didn't do any good. I think maybe the masssage therapist had a bad day and was taking it out on me!

After my first Disney facial, she tried to sell me EVERYTHING. I didn't buy.

A year later, I had been using Mary Kay for a year and she did a facial.

At the end of the facial, she asked me what I was using. I told her Mary Kay and she told me that she wished she could sell me some of her products, but that she couldn't even recommend anything to me because my skin looked so good.

Now, I sell Mary Kay !!! My advise to you, is to get on a good skin care system and use it religiously. . . and then you won't be "SOLD" on the high priced stuff on the ship. . . I tell this now in my presentations here in Jacksonville. . . because it really worked!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter