• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Alone in the parks....

DH and I arrived at MK on a Sunday this past April during the MSEP. We were able to get to Adventureland, and we thought the area was closed because there was NOBODY there. (The park closed at midnight.) It was almost spooky.

Sunday morning in 2012 at magic kingdom. We were the only ones near liberty tree tavern. The pictures were awesome. It was very surreal. The park was dead.

Yes, we had numerous times where we were in an area alone, and some fairly surreal moments in the parks on my trip in October of 2001, since it was just after 9/11. Most every ride was just about a walk on, and there were times where they just allowed us to ride again. Although, the most surreal moment, wasn't actually at WDW, it was seeing Newark airport like pretty much empty. People didn't want to fly. I'll never forget how empty and quiet the airports were, I remember my luggage wheels were echoing so loudly over the tile floors while I was pulling the luggage. Not something you usually hear over the din of those normally bustling airports. Our record number of rides in a row that trip, actually happened at Universal though. We were on MIB 8x in a row.

The first year we went in 2011 we did rope drop at Magic Kingdom, and it just so happened that it was the Sunday of "Spring Forward" so it was like we practically had the park to ourselves. When our family came around the corner of the Emporium, there was the castle and I just got all teary. A dream come true! We headed over to Frontierland, and rode Splash Mountain and BTMR several times with no lines or waiting. Then as we were getting off BTMR a CM pointed us down towards the area near the bathrooms by Splash and who should be there but Mickey and Minnie!! :cloud9: We were the only ones there and we got all kinds of wonderful pictures and great interaction with the Mouse and his Lady. I remember thinking, "What do people mean about Disney being so crowded?" The pixie dust only lasted for about an hour, before it was as though the crowds appeared out of thin air, but by that time our family was hooked! We still had a fabulous time but our first experience at WDW is something we will never forget, no matter how many more times we go. :lovestruc

One of my favorite things to do is head right into Pangani Forest Trail at RD, while everyone else is running to Kilimanjaro or EE. It's usually just us and the CMs. Very relaxing, beautiful way to start the day!

At rope drop mid September I went to Tower of Terror. There was absolutely no one. I was welcomed to the Hollywood Tower Hotel by the receptionist and while I took my time to take pictures of the lobby, he started to call the pool to order more towels and other departments :P So far it was a blast, but when I had to step into the library, I suddenly felt it getting eery. I was terrified that the CM would try to give me a good scare, was so happy just before the doors closed another family joined me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter