• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Aloha!!! We're booked for Hawaii!!!!!

where did you see the port times. I saw how many days at sea and I am wondering if the money would be better spent on two trips

The port times are listed on Disney Cruise Line's website:

Day Port Guest Ashore Guest Onboard
1 Los Angeles, California — 4:00 p.m.
2 At Sea — —
3 At Sea — —
4 At Sea — —
5 At Sea — —
6 Hilo, Hawaii 12:00 p.m. 7:30 p.m.
7 Kahului, Maui 7:30 a.m. 7:30 p.m.
8 Honolulu, Oahu 7:30 a.m. 7:30 p.m.
9 Nawiliwili, Kauai 7:30 a.m. 12:00 p.m.
10 At Sea — —
11 At Sea — —
12 At Sea — —
13 At Sea — —
14 At Sea — 4:00 p.m.
15 Ensenada, Mexico 8:00 a.m. 4:30 p.m.
16 Los Angeles, California 9:00 a.m. —

Hilo - You are only there for 7.5 hours which, I don't think would give you enough time to go to Volcanos National Park and really get a good tour.
Maui and Honolulu are good but then back in Nawiliwili, it's only 4.5 hours.
I personally wouldn't be interested in Ensenada at all. But, to each his own.

If this is successful, fingers crossed that maybe DCL will think about docking a ship over there for summer sailings around the islands like NCL does. That way it gives the option of spending more time pre or post cruise. :confused3

I would have loved to have done this if it weren't during the school year!

I don't think they can do that without registering the ship in the USA, which I doubt they do. Cruises have to stop in a foreign port.
As ksucats said, DCL can't do what NCL is doing. NCL's Pride of America is the only commercial cruise ship currently registered in the US, and therefore the only cruise ship allowed to sail around the Hawaiian Islands without visiting a foreign port. Since all of DCL's ships are registered in Nassau, the Bahamas, they all require a stop in a foreign port. Closest foreign port is Fanning Island, which I believe takes 2 days each way to get to. That's why the existing Hawaii cruise has the stop in Ensenada, to qualify as the foreign port stop.

It's funny, I have NO DESIRE to go on this cruise (9 days at sea and Ensenada do not appeal at all, and only 4 days in Hawaii, with short days in 2 of the ports) but I find myself caught up in the excitement and almost wishing I could book. Congrats to those of you who are going! I hope you have a great cruise!

Sayhello

The port times are listed on Disney Cruise Line's website:

Day Port Guest Ashore Guest Onboard
1 Los Angeles, California — 4:00 p.m.
2 At Sea — —
3 At Sea — —
4 At Sea — —
5 At Sea — —
6 Hilo, Hawaii 12:00 p.m. 7:30 p.m.
7 Kahului, Maui 7:30 a.m. 7:30 p.m.
8 Honolulu, Oahu 7:30 a.m. 7:30 p.m.
9 Nawiliwili, Kauai 7:30 a.m. 12:00 p.m.
10 At Sea — —
11 At Sea — —
12 At Sea — —
13 At Sea — —
14 At Sea — 4:00 p.m.
15 Ensenada, Mexico 8:00 a.m. 4:30 p.m.
16 Los Angeles, California 9:00 a.m. —

Hilo - You are only there for 7.5 hours which, I don't think would give you enough time to go to Volcanos National Park and really get a good tour.
Maui and Honolulu are good but then back in Nawiliwili, it's only 4.5 hours.
I personally wouldn't be interested in Ensenada at all. But, to each his own.

Thanks I didn;t go to their site this morning just called and we have never been to hawaii so I think I would want to spend more time their then 4 short days. It is very expensive but we do love the ships lol

I didn't know we could book this yet, I thought tomorrow was the 1st day to book??

Yeah...we are booked!!!!! We ended up going with a cat 6A using DVC points. Here's how it broke down:

Cat 7A - DVC pts = 442 pp for guest 1&2
Cat 6A - DVC pts - 464 pp for guest 1&2
3rd person (adult) = 264 pts or $1,851.00 cash (for both 7A & 6A)

It worked best for us to book points for the first 2 guests and we are paying cash for the 3rd. Sure wish we had more pts right about now but unfortunately we don't but hey...we are going to Hawaii!!!!!!!

Where'e the best place to see a diagram of the rooms on the Wonder? I want to see exactly where our rooms are located on the ship.

Let the planning begin....:cool1:

:eek: Holy crap!! At an avg. of $10 pp if you rented them out that's $4,640 pp or $9,280 + your $95 fee! Too rich for my membership!!

(You could book an OV studio at Aulani for 2 whole weeks for 406 points (or a 1 bedroom villa for 1 week for 406)!! For 854 points you could get a std. 3 bedroom unit!! )

I believe that as now all 11B's are gone. I booked earlier this morning and did not realize that I was in a cabin as I normally always end of GTY status when booking this category. When I got my email confirmation I was not loving my location so i thought i would call to see what else was available. Nothing! Cost to upgrade to 11A was an additional $476 (for 2A). I will stay put and wait to see the cancellations! I knew this trip would book fast but surprised that they have already sold out of both 11C and 11A

I have 2 cabins on hold.

CAT 11A-- 2 adults $4,300
2 adult plus 2 kids (14,12) $7,500

As much as I wanted to do DCl to Hawaii, this might be to high for me. :sad1:

I have 2 cabins on hold.

CAT 11A-- 2 adults $4,300
2 adult plus 2 kids (14,12) $7,500

As much as I wanted to do DCl to Hawaii, this might be to high for me. :sad1:

That's my issue, too. I'd love to do it but don't get enough Hawaii for my buck!

I believe that it was 267 per person for the lowest level cabin. We are never there and don't care that the rooms are small. Small rooms get us out enjoying what the ship has to offer

We have to keep our fingers crossed that there will still be rooms available for us tomorrow. If CAT 11C is booked out, we may not get to say Aloha to Hawaii. :scared1:

I have CAT T on hold, but looking at the little time in Hawaii it gets, I don't know if it is worth the $$$

We are booked! This will actually be our first visit to Hawaii, so we are happy to sample each island a little bit. In the future, we do plan on visiting DVC's Aulani resort, so we will have a chance for more indepth island touring.

Meanwhile, we are ecstatic!! :)

I would soooo book this trip in a heartbeat!!! I loved our 15 nights on the EBPC and Im sure it will be very scenic. Also no airfare to Hawaii and you get a taste of many islands.

The date is what is stopping me. I would use points too! You cant take it with you, and if my points can give me an awesome vacation, that is what I purchased them for.

Congrats to all who will sail and I know you will have an awesome time!!

I am on this cruise:cool1: Sorry i dont have any details but i have a verandah and a inside stateroom across it was a anniversary present!!!

Well these prices are sure making it easy to decide not to take the kids out of school for two weeks or even go without them. :rotfl:

Yep, I want to book but probably won't. I'm sure all those sea days are great but the amount of time you actually spend in Hawaii is very little in comparison. For the price of 2, I can fly all 4 of us over and spend a full 7 days on the islands. I was hoping for just hubby and I to go because the girls have school, but we would really miss our girls if we were on a Disney Ship without them. I know we should try to vacation at least just the 2 of us :lmao: but I'm not thinking this will be the one that we do. Maybe a Pacific Coast;)

Linda

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter