Aloha! ***Welcome to the NEW Poly FAQ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, ma'am!

DSC00795.jpg

Hope you like sausage! :laughing:

THANK YOU! :dance3: Makes me downright hungry for that sweet goodness! :worship:

It was a snow day today and I can't believe I am *just* now getting a chance to post on this thread. :lmao:

Ok, I have a fantastic idea ... you offer your services to WDW. Get their IT crap fixed and then they can "sponsor" you and DD for your own Poly summer camp! :rotfl:

Oh, this would be an AWESOME thing to have happen! :rotfl: I can turn all of my gnashing of teeth when any interaction with Disney's IT system into $$$$. 'Summer Camp' at the Poly would have one drawback though--neither of us would want to leave! :rotfl2:

I agree that you are a riot:rotfl2:..You sound like my hubby..he is in IT too...always talking about "all they have to do is ..blah blah blah"....what cracks me up is when I-- his WONDERFUL wife-- calls him with a question and he has the nerve to ask me if the computer is plugged in!!!:lmao:

You know, one one hand I completely understand this and am like :surfweb:. And on the other hand the total ridiculousness of the question makes me :rotfl:. You'd be amazed how folks (and I mean IT folks) will think the computer isn't working then they realize while it is plugged in, the switch on the power strip/circuit breaker isn't switched to on.

and is the next question after he asks if it is plugged in "Have you tried re-booting?"

That's what I was gonna offer up next! :rotfl2::rotfl::lmao: You'd be surprised just how many things are fixed by rebooting. Heck, they even did it on a few episodes of Star Trek...

YES!!!! YES!!! YES!!!!! I swear it must be a universal IT thing:lmao:

Oh, believe me, it IS! Want to know something even funnier? God forbid an IT type has to call tech support. I literally have to tell the person answering the phone, "Don't take this personally, but to make it easy on the both of us, go get me the tech support dude you keep in the dark who has rare interaction with people to answer my problem...." :lmao:

And God forbid a poor CM has a problem with the computer system. It takes all of my self-control not to slip into 'IT Nerd' mode. Usually singing 'its a small world' in my head does the trick. :rotfl2:

Oh jeez - me too! The only thing keeping me sane is the DIS and lots of Poly pics. :) My allergies have been acting up too lately. Wonder if it is a precursor to spring? If so, it can't get here soon enough for me - the garden has been calling to me under all that snow. :goodvibes

I'd say its definitely a precursor to spring. :thumbsup2 I was outside yesterday and this danged tree (a maple I think) in front of the house is already budding! :eek: Had to get my allegra prescription refilled and I've been knocking them back since 2 days ago. So great to meet another gardener!

I'm trying to figure out how to get to WDW for that Summer Nightastic. I wonder if I could just vanish for a weekend without someone noticing? :laughing:

Maybe time travel? ;)

As an IT pro also, I usually think it's a hardware problem. My DH gets tired of hearing me tell people how to resolve their computer problems....all you have to do is this or that. Easy for me to say.

Has anyone ever told you, "I think I broke the Internet?" :rotfl:

:rotfl: It's so funny that people complain about these things -- I loved hearing them when we've stayed at the Poly!:goodvibes

Same here! Even though the ferry horn woke me up, it was in a good way. I was just so happy to be able to hear the MK 'wake up' :cloud9: Cool thing about being in LV Tuvalu, when we heard the boat ferry horn blow, we knew the boat was approaching before even having to look for it. :thumbsup2

I am over the moon, I know going from a value to a deluxe is going to ROCK! We are looking forward to RELAXING this vacation, since we rushed it all in last time.

You are going to have a great time at the Poly! :yay: While we do love Pop, our stays at the Poly are on a whole different level.

MsStinkerBelle, no dresses with the Polynesian name on them. There is a white polo that I've not seen in the past. Only small size available today. They still have the navy hoodies with raspberry colored flowers. There is a white one that is new to me. It's thinner material and has Polynesian script in pink....some flowers on the sides.

Thanks for checking this out for me, BCV23! :goodvibes The white hoodie sounds like something I'd be interested in. I may be calling WDW Mail Order in the near future...

We are in Philly singing the snow storm blues too. I can not wait for our trip!

Out here in the Philly burbs I'm singing it along with you. I still can't believe the mountains of snow still piled up at the King of Prussia mall! :scared1::eek::scared1:

I'm also in the 'airfare watcher's club' for June. I am doing everything in my power to get to the Poly then. This snow is driving me crazy!

Our girls were out biking last Sunday too! Crazy Canadian kids! Give them a patch of clear pavement and a temp above 0 degrees (C) ... Actually I've been feeling bad reading about our American neighbours and all of the snow they've been getting lately. We've gotten off pretty easily this winter.

Yes, we were feeling bad too - here in Vermont we had green grass until this past Wednesday and friends in NJ and PA were being socked in with snow! But the Olympics have been fabulous and as a transplanted Quebecoise - I'm really loving the performance of our young athletes - the women's hockey was amazing! BTW, that Tonga Toast looks pretty darn yummy! I'm in need of a Lapu Lapu this evening, however! ;)

Ohio is blanketed in snow today...and it's not letting up...C'mon June, get here soon! Can someone tell me where the bus stops are located at the Poly? Thanks!

Ok I really need y'alls help. I just received the pin code for 40% off the room rate at a deluxe that is good during our stay in December.:cool1: Our current dates are Dec 5-11. I know I will need to arrive either on a Friday or Saturday (which is no problem to change). What is the best way to take advantage of this code? We are currently booked GV CL. Can we add two days and upgrade to TPV CL? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I knew when I got the code, y'all would be able to tell me the best way to take advantage.:banana:

Ok I really need y'alls help. I just received the pin code for 40% off the room rate at a deluxe that is good during our stay in December.:cool1: Our current dates are Dec 5-11. I know I will need to arrive either on a Friday or Saturday (which is no problem to change). What is the best way to take advantage of this code? We are currently booked GV CL. Can we add two days and upgrade to TPV CL? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I knew when I got the code, y'all would be able to tell me the best way to take advantage.:banana:

From what I understand you can apply your code to existing ressies and if the TPV CL room is open, you shouldn't have a problem, but wiser and more experienced people will chime in. Congrats on getting your code!!!

What a great deal!

:thumbsup2 I've learned when you think you've spotted a good deal, take it. Especially when it comes to things like airfare, because those prices can be quite expensive.

As an another southern Ontario girl, I feel your pain. We can pass the time watching our fabulous Olympians put in the performances of their lives and dream sweet Poly dreams. Last Sunday, my boys were out riding bikes and scooters. Today we're back to tobaggons and snow forts. March 15th can't come fast enough!

Susan

I love watching the Olympics, especially since they are in Canada. I hope you have a fantastic trip!!!

We got that fantastic deal with West Jet too and saved $2500 off our flights for the 5 of us. What a great deal!

:thumbsup2 That's excellent to hear!

It pays off to do some searching for good deals.

So great to meet another gardener!

Maybe time travel? ;)

DH and I bought an acre of land last year, and we've been doing our level best to fill it up with a veggie garden and my flower gardens. I already have an order placed for several trees and a ton of perennials! :goodvibes

If this dang snow would only melt! Spring Break isn't getting here soon enough for me. :sad2:

As far as the "time travel" idea I might even be willing to get on a plane and fly *shudder* to WDW to see those fireworks. ;)

Anyone know how much a cab would be from poly to universal? Or know of any other mode of transportation to universal except rental car?

I have read somewhere on these boards that there's a bus that goes from the TTC to Universal for the day (of course, for a cost). We went to Discovery Cove last summer and I checked out our options. In the end I used a Town Car service -- more reliable, nicer than a taxi, and I had a set price before I booked them. I can't even imagine how much a cab would cost...:confused3

Not a perfect answer to your question, but I hope it helps you out some...

Okay let me tell you what we did!

We received a 40% after booking our Cl room. We called the Disney number that day and applied the code, and recieved a refund!:wizard: Before the 45 day mark it cost nothing to change! After 45 days they charge a change fee unless you are upgrading.

If you booked with a travel agent you could run into a problem. You have to go through TA to make changes to you reservation!

Okay let me tell you what we did!

We received a 40% after booking our Cl room. We called the Disney number that day and applied the code, and recieved a refund!:wizard: Before the 45 day mark it cost nothing to change! After 45 days they charge a change fee unless you are upgrading.

If you booked with a travel agent you could run into a problem. You have to go through TA to make changes to you reservation!

We did book with a TA but she is with a Disney only company. I have already sent her an email. When we booked with her, she told us to let her know if we received an codes and she would let us know if any public codes come out that we could use.

I have considered calling and booking myself, but just not sure if that is the right thing to do.

We did book with a TA but she is with a Disney only company. I have already sent her an email. When we booked with her, she told us to let her know if we received an codes and she would let us know if any public codes come out that we could use.

I have considered calling and booking myself, but just not sure if that is the right thing to do.

I would definatley go through your TA If you already booked with her!

I personally love to log on and book it online at Disney website so that we can tie in our ADR's with our reservation! Also we can log on and look at our reservation anytime we want! (it makes me happy to see I am going) I do this often just to get me through the days of waiting :rotfl2:

Ohio is blanketed in snow today...and it's not letting up...C'mon June, get here soon! Can someone tell me where the bus stops are located at the Poly? Thanks!

There is only one, and it's up front by the Neverland Club. :)

I would definatley go through your TA If you already booked with her!

I personally love to log on and book it online at Disney website so that we can tie in our ADR's with our reservation! Also we can log on and look at our reservation anytime we want! (it makes me happy to see I am going) I do this often just to get me through the days of waiting :rotfl2:

We booked through AAA last time and did our own ADR's. This time our TA will make our ADR's for us or since we are staying CL, the IPO people can make our ADR's. My TA will get up early in order to make our ADR's. She gives first class service.

Finally read through the entire thread. Great info, thanks to everyone. Sitting in LA waiting for a red-eye back to Detroit, and I've heard I am flying back to snow...thankfully I will be at WDW for our 2nd Poly stay soon!

DW, DD2 and I usually stay at CR, but going this time with my parents who want to stay at the Poly. Since my mother is a reitred CM, who am I to argue with 50% off at the Poly!?!?

Just wanted to say hi and thanks to all here! :goodvibes

this time next week I will be on my way to the Poly. Can't wait! We had 50 mpr winds yesterday. I am ready for some good weather!

Just to elaborate on the bus stop location - here's the guest map of the resort. Pretty much dead center you can see the little bus icon and "bus stop".

polymap.jpg

Finally read through the entire thread. Great info, thanks to everyone. Sitting in LA waiting for a red-eye back to Detroit, and I've heard I am flying back to snow...thankfully I will be at WDW for our 2nd Poly stay soon!

DW, DD2 and I usually stay at CR, but going this time with my parents who want to stay at the Poly. Since my mother is a reitred CM, who am I to argue with 50% off at the Poly!?!?

Just wanted to say hi and thanks to all here! :goodvibes

Nice :banana: You will love it! 50% off is amazing and it will be fun to try a new resort :wizard:

this time next week I will be on my way to the Poly. Can't wait! We had 50 mpr winds yesterday. I am ready for some good weather!

:cool1:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter