Aloha! ***Welcome to the NEW Poly FAQ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
TaraZ, what a sweet story.:goodvibes

BreezysMom, way to go. Have fun at the concert and Aloha!

We leave a week from today!! Trying to keep everyone well this last week, plus get the schoolwork wrapped up for my oldest.

Question: I have not requested a room location yet. Should I bother or should I see what we get and try to change at check in - we are GV.

Thanks. This is our first time at Poly and all are very excited!!!

Kellie in NJ:cool1:

We leave a week from today!! Trying to keep everyone well this last week, plus get the schoolwork wrapped up for my oldest.

Question: I have not requested a room location yet. Should I bother or should I see what we get and try to change at check in - we are GV.

We don't ask for a particular longhouse although we do request first floor....just a personal preference. We leave the rest up to the tikigods... aka room assignor and have always been quite pleased.

Only a week to go....enjoy the anticipation!:goodvibes

Well, I made progress today! The house is clean. The laundry is done. :laundy:

No one is allowed to wear anything between now and the time we leave that they want to bring! I am done with laundry! :rolleyes1

According to the weather forecast it is going to seem we will need more warm weather clothing than cool weather.

DD is all packed and still has plenty of room in her suitcase! So as far as I am concerned...more room to bring stuff home :cool1:

Tomorrow is a long day of work that I am sure will drag forever!! But alas, will be my last day for 10 days! Ahhhh, a well needed break! After work I plan on some pampering in the style of a mani and pedi for me and DD! Then I am sure I will pass out! :crazy2:

Tuesday is finalize packing and get everything ready to go before DD and I head out to see Miley Cyrus! :banana:

It it is a wildly busy last 48 hours and I pray all goes well. :thumbsup2

Just think - after all the craziness, you get to go to Disney!!!! Have so much fun at one of the best resorts :woohoo:

Hello All,

Well we finally made it Disney after a 14 month wait. This was our first stay at the Poly and first trip to Disney with the kids. We were there for 6 days (Oct. 17-23). There were 5 of us in the room (me, my wife, 2yo daughter, 4yo daughter, and my mother-in-law). We used both ME and the online check in. ME was great on the way to the resort but coming home was not so great. (We will go into that later.)

The online check in worked great we got just what we requested. We were in Tokelau on the third floor with a garden view (room 3936). The room was clean and there was a Mickey head on the bed and two swan towel animal on top of the tv when we arrived. Mousekeeping was great every day we requested to have the room cleaned by 12:00pm everyday in case we needed to come back for naps and everyday that we did come back the room was cleaned.

We ate at Captain Cooks the first day for lunch. I found it very easy to order and the food was ready quickly. The girls loved the ducks that came right up to us as we ate outside. They kept giving them names (Donald and Daisy). They wanted to feed them but I would not let them, becasue of the signs.

We were only in the pools one day, becasue we were either too busy at the parks or it was to cold. The first two days we were there it was so cold that you needed a sweat shirt and pants. I think the temp was in the high 50s to low 60s. But once it got back to the 80s we went to the quite pool. We never got in because there seem to be a film floating in the water on the edge of the pool. So we went to the volcanno pool. The was not very crowded and the the view was great. The girls also liked the play fountain.

We missed the tourch light because of our busy schedule. We had the Deluxe dining plan and had ADRs everynight. The girls also liked playing on the beach. We did caught the electric parade twice and the fireworks once.

Overall we liked our stay at the Poly. All the cast members that we came in contact with was nice and always said "good morning" or "aloha". Plus we were also celebrating our 9th wedding anniversary while we were there and every cast member was sure to say happy anniversary when they saw our button. The ground were nice and very well kept and the room was kept clean and stocked.

However, we thought that the room and the building was showing it's age. The handles on our sink was worn and needed to be replaced bad. My wife said she thought the room was kind of boring as far as decorating went.

Well that is all for now. I will try to give a full report later.

I want to thank everyone for their help and advise also. Everything I read help allot. Thanks again.

We also have one more week!! :banana::banana::banana:

I have been trying (unsuccessfully) to do online check in and failing :scared1:

Can not wait. I usually put in a request for certain houses, and first floor. Never did an actual room number request...but we have always had great rooms, and we have stayed at many of the houses there...

Can't wait! :woohoo:

I am officially ON VACATION! :banana::banana::banana:

Today was the longest 12 hour shift of my life! When I came home DH had done his "packing" which consists of him placing everything he wants to bring on the bed and I put it in the suitcase. ;) So he and DD and done. I have not even started for myself but I am the easy one. I am actually impressed with how little we are packing this trip compared to our first trip 3 years ago. We brought 6 suitcases and carry ons!:rolleyes1 Wow, have I learned a lot since those past trips!

Lots of little things to do tomorrow but totally manageable! :thumbsup2

"When I came home DH had done his "packing" which consists of him placing everything he wants to bring on the bed and I put it in the suitcase."

Does my husband have a clone I don't know about?!?:rotfl:

I am officially ON VACATION! :banana::banana::banana:

Today was the longest 12 hour shift of my life! When I came home DH had done his "packing" which consists of him placing everything he wants to bring on the bed and I put it in the suitcase. ;) So he and DD and done. I have not even started for myself but I am the easy one. I am actually impressed with how little we are packing this trip compared to our first trip 3 years ago. We brought 6 suitcases and carry ons!:rolleyes1 Wow, have I learned a lot since those past trips!

Lots of little things to do tomorrow but totally manageable! :thumbsup2

Enjoy the Poly - hoping for details when you get back -

oh nooo..my first stay at the Poly is in jeopardy. We are supposed to leave on Sunday. My DD 12 has been sick since last wednesday..no fever. Don't know what is going on with her. My dd5 started wheezing yesterday and was on the neb every 4 hours trying to get ahead of it. He woke up this morning needing it and is coughing:scared1:. No fever thank goodness..but his asthma gets out of hand quickly.. Certainly if he is like this..I won't be able to go. DD7 is perfectly fine!!! Sorry to vent....the kids don't know that I may have to cancel this and everyone is going to be so upset...blah.

sersee - sorry! I hope things start to improve quickly so you don't have to cancel!

oh nooo..my first stay at the Poly is in jeopardy. We are supposed to leave on Sunday. My DD 12 has been sick since last wednesday..no fever. Don't know what is going on with her. My dd5 started wheezing yesterday and was on the neb every 4 hours trying to get ahead of it. He woke up this morning needing it and is coughing:scared1:. No fever thank goodness..but his asthma gets out of hand quickly.. Certainly if he is like this..I won't be able to go. DD7 is perfectly fine!!! Sorry to vent....the kids don't know that I may have to cancel this and everyone is going to be so upset...blah.

I am sending major get well vibes your way!!! :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

Big hugs! Let us know how he is?? :grouphug:

Thanks guys..sorry to damper the mood on the wonderful poly thread!!! I just felt like venting..Dang this flu season!

Breezy I hope you have the best vacation...and we can't wait to hear about it!!!

And can I say...My dh is from the same family as all of yours..his idea of packing is either telling me what he wants packed or lying it in a pile near me..:rotfl::rotfl:

Hi everyone!

I was just wondering if you had any thoughts on online check-in vs. just waiting until arrival? We will get to the Poly at around 11:30/noon on Sunday, and I'm not sure what might be better/easier??

Anyone been there lately and what are the offerings? This will be our first Concierge stay, so we are totally not knowing what to expect. :)

THank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter