Aloha! ***Welcome to the NEW Poly FAQ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually had spoken with theme park (main) lost and found a few times, but I stayed on the line just in case. Apparently they did find a pink camera, but it wasn't ours. I'm thinking at this point someone picked it up and kept it. We're about a week out, so I'm guessing that's it, we're done. Thanks for all the stories of found items, looking at the Poly and the pixie dust. You guys are great!!

I know this is way in advance but we are looking to book a surprise stay at the Poly for our DS13 in 2011. He has always wanted to stay at the Poly ever since he was 2 years old. We are looking to book a TPV and I read that the Tahiti Longhouse would be a good one. Has one stayed in this longhouse and what were your likes and dislikes about it? TIA.:flower3:

Two weeks and I will be tasting tonga toast!

This trip has been so long in the making. Two years ago before we were supposed to leave my dad had to have 6 bypasses. It was unreal. Our together vacation was not happening.

Two years later, we are trying again. Now if we can all stay free of illness we will treat them to a vacation of a lifetime! My parents do not go anywhere, so this is a big deal. We are keeping out fingers crossed and praying. Thank you to all those who have helped with the planning. The DIS rocks!

Two weeks and I will be tasting tonga toast!

This trip has been so long in the making. Two years ago before we were supposed to leave my dad had to have 6 bypasses. It was unreal. Our together vacation was not happening.

Two years later, we are trying again. Now if we can all stay free of illness we will treat them to a vacation of a lifetime! My parents do not go anywhere, so this is a big deal. We are keeping out fingers crossed and praying. Thank you to all those who have helped with the planning. The DIS rocks!

We are arriving in two weeks too! So happy that your dad is well enough to make the trip this time! Fingers crossed that you all stay healthy! :wizard:

We are looking forward to 3 days at the Poly in January (Garden View). We would like a good location (pool, Great Ceremonial House, TTC...:) We's also love a balcony...what bldg do you suggest for this scenario? :) TIA!!!!!

We are looking forward to 3 days at the Poly in January (Garden View). We would like a good location (pool, Great Ceremonial House, TTC...:) We's also love a balcony...what bldg do you suggest for this scenario? :) TIA!!!!!

I like Tokelau - close to the quiet pool, not too far from either the GCH or volcano pool, generally centrally located.

I cannot remember if the 2nd floor rooms in Tokelau have balconies or not - someone else will I'm sure.

I know this is way in advance but we are looking to book a surprise stay at the Poly for our DS13 in 2011. He has always wanted to stay at the Poly ever since he was 2 years old. We are looking to book a TPV and I read that the Tahiti Longhouse would be a good one. Has one stayed in this longhouse and what were your likes and dislikes about it? TIA.:flower3:

Personally, I think Tahiti is a little farther away from the GCH and the Volcano pool than I would want to be, but it is right on the beach, so that's a plus. And close to the TTC if you're going to walk there to catch the monorail.

Friends of mine had a room in Tuvalu (not sure if TPV or LV but they had a great view of the castle so I'm thinking TPV) and said that was a great location.

We stayed in Tahiti TPV Sept 23-28 of this year. I really, really liked the location:

plusses:

Very, very close proximity to TTC-walking to the ttc was always easier than walking to the GCH

You feel pretty away from the rush of the main areas of the resort-it is quiet and peaceful

Beautiful views of MK, CR, Wishes! :goodvibes and a nice beach right outside the building that is rarely used at all.

The building is bigger: the hallways are much wider and the room are bigger (right?)

minuses:

About as far as you can get from the GCH. If you don't mind the walk it's not that bad but not as convenient to pop over for a bite or something else.

Further walk from the main pool, but the walk is along the beach so it's not that bad. But once we left the lifejacket in the room and had to walk all the way back so that seemed like a hike.

You might have some noise from the TTC ferry. The boat horns do blow frequently and I could hear the loudspeaker announcements from the boat from my balcony.

The beach in front of Tahiti does not pipe in Wishes music. Only the main beach by the pool does that.

Mousekeeping was spotty while we were there but when I called my request was brought over immediately. However, one day we returned from a full day at parks with the beds unmade. :confused3

Hope this helps. It was a wonderful trip. The only problem we had (besides the minor housekeeping issue) was the bus service to AK and DHS. Waited over 30 minutes each time while full buses came and went without picking anyone up. Very, very poor treatment of the deluxe guests imo. With the add'l $$$$$$ paid for those rooms the bus service should be stepped up a bit. But, on the bright side, I left my room one morning and was inside MK 16 minutes later! Can't beat that!

Can anyone tell me what the cribs are like at the Poly? I was considering shipping down my son's Pack n' Play, but it would be a lot easier not to!

Are they regular pack n plays, or are they cribs? Any pictures?

Thanks so much. :goodvibes

What should I expect from the Poly compared to my last stay at All-Star Sports? Are there any special touches, services, etc. I will notice? Should I expect a "higher class" of service from cast members? Or is the "deluxe" part mainly the location, theming, and bigger rooms?

Any suggestions on what I can do to make it an extra special experience for me DW and DS4?

I thought All-Star Sports was nice - clean, super-friendly cast members. Beds were small (full-size), but no special games/entertainment. A great bargain and we spent all day/night in the parks anyway.

I know Poly has bigger rooms and beds and we splurged for a theme park view room. I'm looking forward to strolling at night with the tiki torches lit, maybe renting a boat one day, and enjoying Ohana's, the pools, and being on the monorail.

What should I expect from the Poly compared to my last stay at All-Star Sports? Are there any special touches, services, etc. I will notice? Should I expect a "higher class" of service from cast members? Or is the "deluxe" part mainly the location, theming, and bigger rooms?

Any suggestions on what I can do to make it an extra special experience for me DW and DS4?

I thought All-Star Sports was nice - clean, super-friendly cast members. Beds were small (full-size), but no special games/entertainment. A great bargain and we spent all day/night in the parks anyway.

I know Poly has bigger rooms and beds and we splurged for a theme park view room. I'm looking forward to strolling at night with the tiki torches lit, maybe renting a boat one day, and enjoying Ohana's, the pools, and being on the monorail.

I can't comment on the comparison since I have not stayed at All Stars. I find the size of the Poly guest room very nice and spacious. I think that will be one difference. Plus you will have a TPV which will be magical :wizard:

They do have lots of extra fun things in the lobby like Hula lessons, crafts and other events. When you arrive you will get a copy of the Island Palm Press and it will give you a schedule of everything there is to offer around the resort.

All the other things you mentioned I think you will enjoy:cloud9:. I love the Poly because I truly feel like we are on a tropical vacation!

Have a wonderful trip...I will be there a few days after you. 17 days now I think :banana:

:surfweb:
I haven't stayed at All Star Sports. But, I did stay at Pop Century last year for a spur of the moment trip. It was my first experience at a value resort and I was more than pleasantly surprised at how much I liked it there. The cast members were awesome and I believe that they are probably awesome at all the Disney Resorts. The food court more than met my expectations and the property was clean and well maintained. I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.
Having said that, my heart and home away from home will always be at the Poly. I believe that all Disney resorts have something special to offer. But being able to wake up to the sun coming up over Seven Seas Lagoon and the pristine white sand beach and hearing sounds in the distance of Magic Kingdom activities coming to life and the boats and monorail beconing visitors to begin their magical day :wizard: brings an appreciative smile to my otherwise morning grumpy face.
Even when it's crowded, the Poly is truly like being on a tropical island with the serenity and beauty that only Disney can provide.
It can be comfortable and quiet for us older Mouse fans and full of activities and pixie dust for the younger Mousketeers.
The activities are too numerous to mention and I'm sure you won't be disappointed. But I do want to say that nothing beats seeing and hearing Wishes from your beach or room:love: and then being treated to a delightful water parade that you know was created just for you as Disney's way of saying thank you and have wonderful dreams:cloud9: while we prepare another magical day for you tomorrow.

I haven't stayed at All Star Sports. But, I did stay at Pop Century last year for a spur of the moment trip. It was my first experience at a value resort and I was more than pleasantly surprised at how much I liked it there. The cast members were awesome and I believe that they are probably awesome at all the Disney Resorts. The food court more than met my expectations and the property was clean and well maintained. I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.
Having said that, my heart and home away from home will always be at the Poly. I believe that all Disney resorts have something special to offer. But being able to wake up to the sun coming up over Seven Seas Lagoon and the pristine white sand beach and hearing sounds in the distance of Magic Kingdom activities coming to life and the boats and monorail beconing visitors to begin their magical day :wizard: brings an appreciative smile to my otherwise morning grumpy face.
Even when it's crowded, the Poly is truly like being on a tropical island with the serenity and beauty that only Disney can provide.
It can be comfortable and quiet for us older Mouse fans and full of activities and pixie dust for the younger Mousketeers.
The activities are too numerous to mention and I'm sure you won't be disappointed. But I do want to say that nothing beats seeing and hearing Wishes from your beach or room:love: and then being treated to a delightful water parade that you know was created just for you as Disney's way of saying thank you and have wonderful dreams:cloud9: while we prepare another magical day for you tomorrow.

You just made it that much harder for me to give Beach Club a try next summer.:sad1:These are all of the reasons why the Poly is so dear to my families hearts.

You just made it that much harder for me to give Beach Club a try next summer.:sad1:These are all of the reasons why the Poly is so dear to my families hearts.
Sorry if I've made your Beach Club decision harder for you;)
I can relate to your dilemma.
I've always had hopes that before "it's time to say goodbye to all our family" :rolleyes1 that I would get to experience a stay at all of Disney's resorts. But that possibility is probably too far fetched for me. The Poly keeps calling me back and I can't imagine duplicating that feeling I get when I pass that guard shack and the Polynesian sign. I breathe a sigh of joy and contentment knowing that I'm home again.

Sorry if I've made your Beach Club decision harder for you;)
I can relate to your dilemma.
I've always had hopes that before "it's time to say goodbye to all our family" :rolleyes1 that I would get to experience a stay at all of Disney's resorts. But that possibility is probably too far fetched for me. The Poly keeps calling me back and I can't imagine duplicating that feeling I get when I pass that guard shack and the Polynesian sign. I breathe a sigh of joy and contentment knowing that I'm home again.

I must admit our 2 club level stays have us a little spoiled, too. There is nothing like hanging by the pool and stopping in Hawaii for some treats to enjoy while lounging. Specifically, the captains punch for me and a beer for DH.

You have captured many of the things I enjoy about Poly in your last paragraph! To me, strolling the grounds (day or night), renting the boats, the pools and the monorail, etc. Another poster stated that it truly like being on a tropical island/vacation, and that is what I love about Poly. It's a little slice of heaven right here on earth!

Just returned from my wonderful WDW in Poly! I have stayed in Tokelau 2 years in a row now. Really like it and the gardenview room is super nice--3rd floor. My question to you is : What other longhouses do you recommend that have 3rd floor balconies and a good view? Thanks!!!

I love buying resort specific merch. Anyone who just got back....any new/neat Poly stuff? Shirts? Hats? Mugs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter