Aloha! ***Welcome to the NEW Poly FAQ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you wanted a fairly quiet and private location, would you choose first floor or third? Does walking out your patio onto the beach make up for potentially having other guests right outside your room?

It's our first stay at the Poly and I am having my last minute pre-room request debate. :)

Thanks!

When we were at Tahiti this past May, we had requested 1st floor thinking it would be great to walk right out on the beach. Lucky for us we got third floor MK view because on the 1st floor you walk out onto grass not beach and it had lots of ducks and with ducks comes Poo!;) Its about 20 ft to the actual beach. IMHO ask for balcony:thumbsup2

December 2008 Pics :santa:

disneyworld2008590.jpg

disneyworld2008593.jpg

disneyworld2008603.jpg

Happy December Everyone!!

I'm sure that this has been addressed already but, do the rooms have a clock radio that I can dock my ipod into?

If you wanted a fairly quiet and private location, would you choose first floor or third? Does walking out your patio onto the beach make up for potentially having other guests right outside your room?

It's our first stay at the Poly and I am having my last minute pre-room request debate. :)

Thanks!

When we were at Tahiti this past May, we had requested 1st floor thinking it would be great to walk right out on the beach. Lucky for us we got third floor MK view because on the 1st floor you walk out onto grass not beach and it had lots of ducks and with ducks comes Poo!;) Its about 20 ft to the actual beach. IMHO ask for balcony:thumbsup2

And, another advantage of the 3rd floor is that you won't have anyone above you - so no late-night stampedes! Also, sometimes being higher-up gives you a much better view:magnify: and as the OP alluded to, more distance from those walking along the sidewalks or gathering out on their patios.

I first want to thank everyone for all of the wonderful information. This is my first time posting to this thread, but have been following it for a while in anticipation of my upcoming trip this month. I have a question about the online checkin. I was going to do it, since it sounds like it speeds up the checkin process, but was wondering if there was information given to people in the regular line that isn't given to those in the online checkin line. I've been to Disney before, but this is my first time staying at the Poly so I don't have any firsthand knowledge of the resort itself. Also I was wondering how much difference people have seen between the size of the lines between the regular and online checkin lines. We will be arriving on a Saturday via DME bus probably between 10 and 10:30 am.
Thanks for all your help!

You won't get any less information by doing on-line check-in. It will just mean that your packet of info should be ready for you in advance.

I have not done online check-in and I have heard mixed reports, good and fair. But since you are coming in on a DME bus (meaning potentially arriving at the same time as a bunch of other people), I think I would do it.

... I have a question about the online checkin. I was going to do it, since it sounds like it speeds up the checkin process, but was wondering if there was information given to people in the regular line that isn't given to those in the online checkin line...

Forgive me, but I have never heard of "online check in". What is it and how does it work?

MaryKLady, online check-in allows ppl, who reserved through WDW to check-in from home via their computer up to 10 days before their arrival (confirming reservation & CC details). Then when you arrive at your resort your info package and keys are already made for you and ready to go. You use a separate line that (in theory) should then act as a bit of an express line (because all of your info has already been confirmed and your package made up). You just need to show your ID.

Justintime, we used online check-in just over a month ago. It worked really well for us. The CM presented us with a folder with all of the information sheets/brochures in it that we would need and briefly described what info was there. He also gave us a general "briefing" and was happy to answer any questions etc.

The only downside, from what I understand, is if you don't like your room assignment and want it changed. Because your key cards have already been made up you would have to switch over to the regular check-in line to get things re-done.

MaryKLady, online check-in allows ppl, who reserved through WDW to check-in from home via their computer up to 10 days before their arrival (confirming reservation & CC details). Then when you arrive at your resort your info package and keys are already made for you and ready to go. You use a separate line that (in theory) should then act as a bit of an express line (because all of your info has already been confirmed and your package made up). You just need to show your ID.

Thanks. That sounds like something I would like to do. How do I access that?

Thanks. That sounds like something I would like to do. How do I access that?

You have to be registered with the WDW website. Then, on their main page, on the top right hand side there is a place to access "My Vacation" or "My reservation" (couldn't confirm the exact wording because the site is undergoing maintenance right now). Anyways, somewhere in there there is a link to online check-in. You need your reservation number, arrival/departure dates, resort name and CC.

Just a note. When you do online check-in, if the system doesn't "accept" your CC it isn't necessarily a problem. When I did the online check-in for both myself and my sister, I got an error message saying something about the system not currently being able to process our CC. This message also said that this was not a problem (maybe because we had already associated a CC with our reservation?) Anyways, it wasn't a problem ...

Regarding the ipod question, when bringing an ipod (iphone), do you need to bring your usb cord or it just pops in? Sorry for the dumb question, but I've never actually used a doc.

Thanks.

As long as you have a "modern" iPod with the dock opening on the bottom - it just plugs in.

Just be aware -- not all iHome units charge ALL iPods/iPhones. It depends on the model of each -- older iHomes don't charge newer iPhones - we have this problem at home with a number of different speaker things. So make sure you bring a plug to charge just in case.

The only downside, from what I understand, is if you don't like your room assignment and want it changed. Because your key cards have already been made up you would have to switch over to the regular check-in line to get things re-done.

The CM who does your checkin, online or otherwise, can assist you with attempting to get a room changed to a different location. You do NOT need to change lines if you do the online checkin.

The CM who does your checkin, online or otherwise, can assist you with attempting to get a room changed to a different location. You do NOT need to change lines if you do the online checkin.

I had read in several other posts that you do have to change lines (it made sense to me so that others who did the online check-in didn't get delayed by your changes, therefore negating any benefit thay had had from chosing the online option). Thanks for the correction though, if that's not the case.

Hi everyone!

I am just looking for my Poly fix.

I am in need of another live webcam from the Hawaii building, lol.:worship:

Hi everyone!

I am just looking for my Poly fix.

I am in need of another live webcam from the Hawaii building, lol.:worship:

Oh yes! That was awesome. ::yes:: That was last year New Years wasn't it? That was so cool!

I almost felt like a stalker because I felt like I was watching all day and night!!

I don't know about you, but we have only been home a month but it feels like MUCH longer :sad2:

I am 34 days away from my Disney trip and I just realized I am STAYING AT THE POLY.....

This has been a crazy Disney planning year for me

I started the year with no Disney trip plans since we did 2 very expensive, very rack rate trips in 2008 (yes it was pre DISboards) So I cheated, and agreed to start running (which I did on Jan 17th, 2009) JUST to do the Disney HM and get a trip out of it. Hello... CRAZY... I was 40lbs overweight and I am starting to run just to get my DH to agree to a Disney trip 12 mths away.

So I am signed up for the half marathon and then family talks about a Christmas Trip, so in March I started planning a family Christmas grand gathering that went from 10-12 down to just 6 of us. We started at Poly Club Level, then I changed it to BLT, then I changed it to Saratoga as we really wanted to all be together. My 90 day ADR window opened while I was in Virginia Beach supporting my DH in his 1st half marathon and I will never forget cheering on runners while booking ADR's BUT I got everyone I wanted and was on cloud 9. :cloud9:

Then like a week later, friends ask about a summer trip and I was instantly sold and surprising so was DH. I enjoyed a week at Disney this past June with 14 of my closest friends and actually survived and enjoyed being off site for this time. I was sole planner for this and loved every minute of it.

Then in September - we get the news that we need to cancel the Dec Disney trip due to military conflicts ...::mad::mad::mad:: It was painful canceling my perfect ADR's..- oh and check in was in 2 days.. :sad1::sad1:

Somewhere in the next month or so, I managed to get a great room rate at the Poly for marathon weekend.. I am paying $199 per night and grabbed it so quickly for the 2 rooms that I need that weekend that it never really sunk in.

Well today, many months later from signing up for this crazy Half Marathon my Magical Express tags come and the POLY and I realize OMG - I am staying at the POLY.... :banana::banana::banana: And everything that I read back in March when I thought I was staying there has been forgotten and now I need to catch up.

Oh and about that spur of the moment half marathon crazy idea I had, I am pleased to say that I have lost 30 of my 40lbs and have gone from barely running around the block to doing an 11 miler this weekend. I guess Disney does make dreams come true..

Well - if you are still reading - I thank you but this rambling has helped me

I am 34 days away from my Disney trip and I just realized I am STAYING AT THE POLY.....

This has been a crazy Disney planning year for me

I started the year with no Disney trip plans since we did 2 very expensive, very rack rate trips in 2008 (yes it was pre DISboards) So I cheated, and agreed to start running (which I did on Jan 17th, 2009) JUST to do the Disney HM and get a trip out of it. Hello... CRAZY... I was 40lbs overweight and I am starting to run just to get my DH to agree to a Disney trip 12 mths away.

So I am signed up for the half marathon and then family talks about a Christmas Trip, so in March I started planning a family Christmas grand gathering that went from 10-12 down to just 6 of us. We started at Poly Club Level, then I changed it to BLT, then I changed it to Saratoga as we really wanted to all be together. My 90 day ADR window opened while I was in Virginia Beach supporting my DH in his 1st half marathon and I will never forget cheering on runners while booking ADR's BUT I got everyone I wanted and was on cloud 9. :cloud9:

Then like a week later, friends ask about a summer trip and I was instantly sold and surprising so was DH. I enjoyed a week at Disney this past June with 14 of my closest friends and actually survived and enjoyed being off site for this time. I was sole planner for this and loved every minute of it.

Then in September - we get the news that we need to cancel the Dec Disney trip due to military conflicts ...::mad::mad::mad:: It was painful canceling my perfect ADR's..- oh and check in was in 2 days.. :sad1::sad1:

Somewhere in the next month or so, I managed to get a great room rate at the Poly for marathon weekend.. I am paying $199 per night and grabbed it so quickly for the 2 rooms that I need that weekend that it never really sunk in.

Well today, many months later from signing up for this crazy Half Marathon my Magical Express tags come and the POLY and I realize OMG - I am staying at the POLY.... :banana::banana::banana: And everything that I read back in March when I thought I was staying there has been forgotten and now I need to catch up.

Oh and about that spur of the moment half marathon crazy idea I had, I am pleased to say that I have lost 30 of my 40lbs and have gone from barely running around the block to doing an 11 miler this weekend. I guess Disney does make dreams come true..

Well - if you are still reading - I thank you but this rambling has helped me

Congrats! And have a great trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter