Aloha! ***Welcome to the NEW Poly FAQ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup we just added another day on yesterday so I redid my ticker...and I was blaming poor little stitch :stitch: shame on me ;)

:rotfl: Yeah, even when we make changes to our plans (like I did this year), I don't like to change my ticker -- it makes me feel like I have to start the wait all over again from the beginning! :rotfl: That's why I didn't choose a resort-specific one this time -- since I was ill with resort-change-itis when I set it all up.:rolleyes1

How about watching the tiki torch lighting ceremony (free), then having dinner at 'Ohana? That way you get a tiny little taste of the fire-dancing and a great meal, too!

Excellent idea!! We really loved the Torch lighting, and it's free, can't beat that! And we LOVED Ohana too - we'll be doing that again. We haven't done the Luau, but it gets such mixed reviews. Plus it's more $$. Oh, and if the weather isn't good - it's cancelled. That happened to my parents and sister many, many years ago.

mmmears said:
:rotfl: Yeah, even when we make changes to our plans (like I did this year), I don't like to change my ticker -- it makes me feel like I have to start the wait all over again from the beginning! :rotfl: That's why I didn't choose a resort-specific one this time -- since I was ill with resort-change-itis when I set it all up.:rolleyes1

Me too. :). I did set one up when I finally made my resort choices though! ;)

I have spent the afternoon ironing and packing. My DS7 is decorating mousekeeping envelopes right now. Now if the last 4 days of work would hurry up I'll be on my way!

I have spent the afternoon ironing and packing. My DS7 is decorating mousekeeping envelopes right now. Now if the last 4 days of work would hurry up I'll be on my way!

what does your son do to decorate the envelopes? I never thought of that, what a good idea! Do you give them one everyday or wait until the end of your stay? Thanks, have a great time!!! (our first Poly stay next Oct.)

OK Shouldn't my ticker be a little closer to the end if I have two months left...Stitch isn't moving :confused3

We will be there at the same time! Did you request a certain longhouse? Perhaps we'll see you there! It seems like it's taking forever, doesn't it?!

My computer has been acting up over the past few days, so in case I lose my Internet acess again, ALOHA! To all of you who are leaving soon! :goodvibes

what does your son do to decorate the envelopes? I never thought of that, what a good idea! Do you give them one everyday or wait until the end of your stay? Thanks, have a great time!!! (our first Poly stay next Oct.)

We used to decorate ours, now we do an internet search for "mousekeeping envelopes" and print out some really cute Disney themed ones (no charge).;)

Ha! I can't! Less than 30 days out on an AP discount, remember? Ha Ha! :)

:rotfl: I did forget! ;) Just kidding, though!

I am considering a dinner at Artist Point (my DH loves the WL and wants to try this place so I may suprise him).

We will be at DS the day I was planning to go. Should we catch a bus from DS to WL or if we return to the POLY are there buses from the TTC that go to the WL? I am definitely NOT taking a bus to DTD and transferring to a resort bus. We did that last year (in reverse) and like many have mentioned on all over the DIS the DTD bus trip was really looooooooooooonnng.

Anyway, I would like to come back to the Poly first to change since it is a signature rest. but not sure of easiest route to WL from Poly???

I am considering a dinner at Artist Point (my DH loves the WL and wants to try this place so I may suprise him).

We will be at DS the day I was planning to go. Should we catch a bus from DS to WL or if we return to the POLY are there buses from the TTC that go to the WL? I am definitely NOT taking a bus to DTD and transferring to a resort bus. We did that last year (in reverse) and like many have mentioned on all over the DIS the DTD bus trip was really looooooooooooonnng.

Anyway, I would like to come back to the Poly first to change since it is a signature rest. but not sure of easiest route to WL from Poly???
If your coming from the Polynesian I would recommend taking the Resort Monorail to the Magic Kingdom, then from there take the bus or boat to the Wilderness Lodge. Another option which would take no more then 5 minutes and would be the fastest is getting a taxi, if you don't mind spending the money for one. Finally there are no buses from the TTC to the Wilderness Lodge.

We will be there at the same time! Did you request a certain longhouse? Perhaps we'll see you there! It seems like it's taking forever, doesn't it?!

So great you will be there too!:thumbsup2 We requested Tokelau as we have a gardenview and heard the gardenviews were all pretty decent in this longhouse (we hope ;)). We will definately have to look for each other :flower3:.

This has probably been asked somewhere in the 227 pages of this thread, if so sorry for repeating it :flower3:

Does the Poly still set the machines for free play in the arcade during the day? We didn't get to stay there last year, but are returning this year :banana: I know that on our last few visits to the Poly this is how we kept ourselves occupied while waiting for the ME bus back to the airport.

Sounds silly, but what a great perk for those of us with gamer kids who need a fix :rotfl: (And I love to play pinball ;))

do they do this?

I just gave him a sheet of stickers (Disney ones of course) and told him to decorate them and make sure they all said "Thank You Mousekeeping". He worked on them for about an hour before he asked for help. There is a thread somewhere that has printable designs, maybe someone else can point the direction to it.

I just gave him a sheet of stickers (Disney ones of course) and told him to decorate them and make sure they all said "Thank You Mousekeeping". He worked on them for about an hour before he asked for help. There is a thread somewhere that has printable designs, maybe someone else can point the direction to it.

Here are a couple sites I'm aware of:
themouseforless.com/.../trip/MousekeepingInstructions.shtml
www.passporterboards.com/.../147806-mousekeeping-tip-envelopes.html
HTH
Gretchen

just back from a week at Poly yesterday! an amazing trip. After 6 years requesting (and getting) Tahiti 3rd floor MKV, we arrived at check-in only to be told...Tuvalu 3rd floor.
At first we were a bit disappointed...until we got to the room. Oh my goodness!!! I forgot how great it is to be over the water and close to GCH. The walk to TTC was a little long, but never a big issue. I'll be posting some pics from our room soon. Also, mid-week, someone started a small fire in Tahiti with a hair dryer, so I'm glad we didn't get caught up in that mess - smoke filled some of the hallways and at the very least, the fire department was there for a few hours. Anyway, a great week - a little colder at night than usual and a day of rain (that didn't slow us down), but still an amazing Poly view and a great trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter