ALOHA! The Polynesian Resort Information Thread: Summer 2011 Edition!

sorry a head of time if i asked this,but I am going to try your atience once agin:sad2:, Capt cooks CS,i thought I read where Its open 24 hrsIs this true?, if not what time do they open In the morining for breakfast?

Captain Cook's: Note that the grill does close at 11 p.m., but the rest of the shop is open 24 hours a day. Captain Cook's is located on the first floor of the Great Ceremonial House.:thumbsup2

Yes, they still have the polyester bedspread:sad2:. The only MK area resort that doesn't is the CR which has the down comforter with the duvet.

Thank you! That's what I needed to know. I am pretty sure all of the Epcot resort area resorts now have the down comforter, so maybe the MK resorts will convert soon! One can only hope.

Quick question..Are you suppose to tip guy who brings your bags to the room and from the room to your car? I thought last yr I had read you werent but the guy who brought luggage to our room held his hand out and waited?

Needed to make sure we have the cash..

I think they really expect it, because last year when they handled our bags I miss counted our bags and was going to give him 1:00 a bag and he corrected me that I had 6 bags not 4 :rotfl: I said ops I cant count ! We tip the ME driver, bell services, table service waiters and the mousekeeper. We will be using the Mears shuttle so I will need tips for that too . It cost a small fortune lol !

Hello Poly Peeps :goodvibes

I just couldn't hold out any longer :lovestruc I found a Free Dining Discount for the POLY Club Level (garden view) for late Sept / Early Oct next fall and I decided to change my tentative winter trip (JanFeb 2013) up a few months and book the free dining discount...(Sept 29 - Oct 04, 2012) I couldn't resist....the savings where great with 4 disney Adults being in the room (Me, My BF, and my Teen son and his BF).....so allthough I am a little sad at missing escaping this dreary/cold Prairie winter in Jan/Feb... I am so excited to perhaps experience MNSSHP, Food and Wine AND POLY CL all in one trip!! :cloud9: also, being that POLY does not have a hot tub, I am sure Sept/Oct will offer much warmer swimming conditions for us! :yay:

I am soooo excited to finally say I have a trip booked...even if it is just a deposit on one and subject to changing dates, :rotfl: should a bigger and better discount come along!
As it stands though, Sept/Oct 2012 at the POLY is looking mighty fine to me :cool1: and only 12 months to go instead of 16!!!
Marie

Hello Poly Peeps :goodvibes

I just couldn't hold out any longer :lovestruc I found a Free Dining Discount for the POLY Club Level (garden view) for late Sept / Early Oct next fall and I decided to change my tentative winter trip (JanFeb 2013) up a few months and book the free dining discount...(Sept 29 - Oct 04, 2012) I couldn't resist....the savings where great with 4 disney Adults being in the room (Me, My BF, and my Teen son and his BF).....so allthough I am a little sad at missing escaping this dreary/cold Prairie winter in Jan/Feb... I am so excited to perhaps experience MNSSHP, Food and Wine AND POLY CL all in one trip!! :cloud9: also, being that POLY does not have a hot tub, I am sure Sept/Oct will offer much warmer swimming conditions for us! :yay:

I am soooo excited to finally say I have a trip booked...even if it is just a deposit on one and subject to changing dates, :rotfl: should a bigger and better discount come along!
As it stands though, Sept/Oct 2012 at the POLY is looking mighty fine to me :cool1: and only 12 months to go instead of 16!!!
Marie

Wow! that is really great for you. How did you find this?? I am hoping that there might be free dining next June when we go..right now we are paying quite a bit of money for a package that includes full week at the poly with garden view- park hopper los passes to include the water parks and the deluxe dining plan i think the total is around $7800 for 4 of us. We are all considered adults even though the youngest will be 15. Is that a good deal or do you all think that is too high a price. I have always wanted to stay at the Polynesian so I am really trying to save hard for this trip.

Thanks everyone.. I went ahead and got the tip money for the bellman.. So now the business of seperating the cash into different envelopes.. Mousekeeping..Bellman..Tips for dinners on DDP.. Spending money (x2) for teens..cash to give my son for his Dining with Imagineer lunch..LOL

Thats not even counting souvenir, cocktails or the few meals OOP..Wew~!

On another note.. DH is worried we wont get all the luggage in the car.. I have one suitcase for our clothes,shoes another one for my sheets, pillow (dont ask Im a germaphob)DD has a bag, DS will have a medium suitcase and I have a small WDW suitcase and duffle bag we bring for souvenirs..OH and the small cooler of drinks..Hope it all fits in the Ford Fusion, the trunk is roomy, lets hope its roomy enough!!

On another note.. DH is worried we wont get all the luggage in the car.. I have one suitcase for our clothes,shoes another one for my sheets, pillow (dont ask Im a germaphob)DD has a bag, DS will have a medium suitcase and I have a small WDW suitcase and duffle bag we bring for suitcases..OH and the small cooler of drinks..Hope it all fits in the Ford Fusion, the trunk is roomy, lets hope its roomy enough!!

We have a Ford Fusion and amazingly enough the Fusion has equal room as my Explorer. That is of course if you don't load the Explorer so you cannot see out the back window. But we did use the Fusion to go to the airport our last trip and we had 3 large suitcases, 2 small and some carry on bags and the majority all fit in the trunk :thumbsup2

Happy Travels :wizard:

Our trip is now officially booked for April 15-21! This will be our first stay at the Poly, and I am beyond excited :cool1:

Now I can't wait until October 18th rolls around when I can make ADRs and reserve one of the pool side cabanas!

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:
Yeah!!!!!! 35 days out and we finally go our Disney Mail!!!! My whole family knew to leave it unopened or they would be....well dead!:love:
I needed that since I had a very loooooong day at work....I was in a meeting texting DH to see if it had come....I opted not to giggle out loud while in the meeting....not very professional. :laughing:

No flames at all! I actually had never heard of one until AFTER we stayed at the Poly the first time. But I am a pineapple FREAK so I had to try it. I liked it but my favorite is the vanilla/pineapple swirl - that is heavenly for me :cloud9:.

The vanilla/pineapple is a possibility....now to remember to try it! Between the F&W and our regularly planned ADRs I will be rolled out of WDW!!!

I have already started packing a little, but the weather is still warm here and we should have a decent weekend. We are so used to going in Nov/Dec that it doesn't seem real. We are doing a shorter trip this year and I am ready to ditch the family and stay a little longer, but DM and DD are planning a family reunion trip for June 2012. However, they want to stay at BLT :scared1:.....so I am not pushing the reservation until the rooms run out and then we have to go with their option 2 - THE POLY!!!!!:rolleyes1

That is the only mental picture getting me through this shorter trip....we will be back shortly....but the kids don't know that. popcorn::

I love coming to this thread everyday .It really helps to get you thru the day,just knowing that there are Disney Poly lovers out there like me puts a smile on my face.:hug:My family thinks I'm borderline obsessive about our upcoming trip in January but we haven't been since 2007 so I'm just thrilled to be going back and have more magic memories to remember in my lifetime:cloud9:. Have a magicalday everyone:tinker:

Hey my Poly Peeps! One more day and we will be at the Poly. I am so looking forward to this little getaway. It has been a stressful past few months with Hurricane Season upon us, the economy, job-related stress and just every day stuff. Will be arriving on 9/2 and leaving on 9/5. Have a cabana rental on 9/4-Sunday, come on by and say 'Hi" if you are in the area of Lapu Lapu heaven!!

ALOHA

Cindy :hippie:

Cindy!! I will stop by and say hello! Its so funny there are so many of us going to be in WDW and a few of us at the Poly!!

We arrive on 9/3 Hilton DTD and check in Poly CL 9/4, check out 9/9 and check into AKL..

Wow! that is really great for you. How did you find this?? I am hoping that there might be free dining next June when we go..right now we are paying quite a bit of money for a package that includes full week at the poly with garden view- park hopper los passes to include the water parks and the deluxe dining plan i think the total is around $7800 for 4 of us. We are all considered adults even though the youngest will be 15. Is that a good deal or do you all think that is too high a price. I have always wanted to stay at the Polynesian so I am really trying to save hard for this trip.

Hi Diva of Disney :goodvibes
I am finding out after many people asking me "how did you find that deal?" that apparently this might just be a Canadian free dining offer (available until some dates in Sept 2012)....I guess I am lucky to have grabbed it :)

I think that 7,800 is pretty high, as our deal.....for 4 adults (oldest son is 15/ his BF is 14) is costing $4,700 with free dining.....that is for a club level, garden view/ 5 night stay.....park hopper 5 day passes, no waterparks....this is the reason I grabbed the free dining when I saw it...the POLY is quite expensive, and even another time of the year was a couple thousand MORE for the same thing!! so, I jumped on it.....if a better deal comes along for January/Feb 2013, I might change my dates to this time...but right now I am thinking there are so many positives to going end Sept/Early Oct that I might just keep those dates....I am sure it will be warmer, and there is MNSHP, and food and wine, just to name a few!!
Happy Planning :)

Cindy!! I will stop by and say hello! Its so funny there are so many of us going to be in WDW and a few of us at the Poly!!

We arrive on 9/3 Hilton DTD and check in Poly CL 9/4, check out 9/9 and check into AKL..

Excellent-we have an all day rental, I will be there with my friend and her little girl. Of course, won't be in that cabana all day, though! LOL. Naptime for the little one is a must(also for us big ones, too).

See ya:thumbsup2

We have a Ford Fusion and amazingly enough the Fusion has equal room as my Explorer. That is of course if you don't load the Explorer so you cannot see out the back window. But we did use the Fusion to go to the airport our last trip and we had 3 large suitcases, 2 small and some carry on bags and the majority all fit in the trunk :thumbsup2

Happy Travels :wizard:

That's good to know because I'm up for a new car soon! :thumbsup2

The vanilla/pineapple is a possibility....now to remember to try it! Between the F&W and our regularly planned ADRs I will be rolled out of WDW!!!

I have already started packing a little, but the weather is still warm here and we should have a decent weekend. We are so used to going in Nov/Dec that it doesn't seem real. We are doing a shorter trip this year and I am ready to ditch the family and stay a little longer, but DM and DD are planning a family reunion trip for June 2012. However, they want to stay at BLT :scared1:.....so I am not pushing the reservation until the rooms run out and then we have to go with their option 2 - THE POLY!!!!!:rolleyes1

That is the only mental picture getting me through this shorter trip....we will be back shortly....but the kids don't know that. popcorn::

Add me to the VANILLA/PINEAPPLE swirl club!!! It's my FAVORITE!!!!!! :cloud9:

21 days until DH and I check into the Poly!!! :cool1:

Cannot wait but I am SOOO nervous about the hurricane situation this year. We have gone in Sept twice in the past (2007 and 2008) and both times only had rain on one day during the entire week. I hope it is that way this year too. We are celebrating both of us turning 50 and also our 30th wedding anniversary!

The whole resort monorail thing is scary too...although we used the boat a lot from MK and Epcot last time.

I have not packed one single thing yet. In 2007 I had everything packed weeks in advance! LOL!!

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:
Yeah!!!!!! 35 days out and we finally go our Disney Mail!!!! My whole family knew to leave it unopened or they would be....well dead!:love:
I needed that since I had a very loooooong day at work....I was in a meeting texting DH to see if it had come....I opted not to giggle out loud while in the meeting....not very professional. :laughing:

I'm sooooo happy you finally got your mail!!!:dance3: I bet your family is also, and your mail person and WDW & your work, Santa, Easter bunny & the Tooth fairy-just joking--lol, I know how important getting it mean't to you- so YOU got your mail-yeah!:cool1::banana::dance3::woohoo::rotfl:

Just posting to say that 1 month from today we will be checking in to the Poly! It will be our 3rd poly club level stay and our 5th stay at the poly.

:banana::yay::woohoo::cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter