ALOHA! The Polynesian Resort Information Thread: Summer 2011 Edition!

Another question...if you go to the Tambu lounge and get say a Lapu Lapu :rolleyes1...can you take it down by the pool with you? I am thinking the night we arrive (hoping to be checked in around 9:30) the kids may want to swim for a bit before heading to bed. DH and I may like to have a drink while watching them swim, but I'd like to start my trip to the Poly off right with the glorious pineapple!!! LOL We will not be doing anything other than that since we get in late. So at least letting the kids swim and the adults enjoy a quick wind-down drink would be perfect after school / work then travel all day!!

There is a bar right at the pool so no need for take out from Tambu. Unfortunately it will not be in a pineapple if you buy it there. One time my BIL did order a lapu lapu towards the end of a dinner at 'Ohana and he brought it back to his room. Don't know if that's officially allowed but nobody stopped him (I don't see why not since people bring drinks down to the pool from the CL lounge all the time)

Aha.....didn't even really think about that...the monorail to the ferry...good idea! Maybe that would be a better option? Thanks for the help on the timing! We have dinner ADR's at Narcoossee's at 6:00, but I want to go back and change before heading to the carriage ride. So, I am figuring on being able to head out by about 8:30 or so. Our carriage ride is at 10:00. I think we will be ok.

No matter if you take the boats or ferries (or even buses) an hour and a half is a good buffer!

Hmmm...so maybe I will go with my gut on the Tokelau request!!! I guess I could do the on-line check-in and take my chances...even though there shouldn't really be many lines by the time we get there. When is the best time to put in my request and how do I do it? I never requested something specific.

Put your request in no more than 10 days but no less than 3 days prior to arrival. So a week before is good! I always call and have them add it to my reservation.

Another question...if you go to the Tambu lounge and get say a Lapu Lapu :rolleyes1...can you take it down by the pool with you? I am thinking the night we arrive (hoping to be checked in around 9:30) the kids may want to swim for a bit before heading to bed. DH and I may like to have a drink while watching them swim, but I'd like to start my trip to the Poly off right with the glorious pineapple!!! LOL We will not be doing anything other than that since we get in late. So at least letting the kids swim and the adults enjoy a quick wind-down drink would be perfect after school / work then travel all day!!

You can take your lapu lapu to the pool but it is bulky! Although the pool bar has great drinks and they do cost less if you don't have the pineapple. While I like a good lapu lapu (in a pineapple), the poolside drinks are so yummy you'll want to sample them all!!

DSC00039.jpg

DSC00037.jpg

Thanks!! Last year when we got them, we just stayed right at the Tambu bar. But, with the kids wanting to swim, I figured I could try to go with them (drink in hand!!) I thought maybe the pool bar would be closed by that time (9:30 or 10:00 pm)?? I do want to try their drinks also, though!!! I have been eyeing some of them up lately! Any suggestions forthe best choices??

Thanks!! Last year when we got them, we just stayed right at the Tambu bar. But, with the kids wanting to swim, I figured I could try to go with them (drink in hand!!) I thought maybe the pool bar would be closed by that time (9:30 or 10:00 pm)?? I do want to try their drinks also, though!!! I have been eyeing some of them up lately! Any suggestions forthe best choices??

Well the Poly directory says the pool side bar is open 'til dusk, so you're probably right about it being closed by then.

I would definitely suggest the pina colava ... in copious amounts! :thumbsup2

Well the Poly directory says the pool side bar is open 'til dusk, so you're probably right about it being closed by then.

I would definitely suggest the pina colava ... in copious amounts! :thumbsup2

That became a favorite of mine in December 2009 when we were at AKV!! The bartender at the pool bar even gave me the recipe!! Mmmmm....I should have them soon!!!!

That became a favorite of mine in December 2009 when we were at AKV!! The bartender at the pool bar even gave me the recipe!! Mmmmm....I should have them soon!!!!

I know it's blasphemy in this thread, but I actually like pina colavas better than lapu lapu's (ducking to avoid being pelted by sporks & pineapple shells! :rotfl2:)

Mentioning blasphemy, Pina Colavas are not my favorite (DUCK!) :lmao: I love pina coladas but they are too thick to drink more than one. The pina colava is good but that raspberry syrup just adds more sugar and calories. So if I get one, I share it with my DH and then we go back to the 'juice' drinks.

I used to get the x-rated lemonade and now I think they call it poolside lemonade. I also make these at home now. They have vodka, xrated fusion liqeur (a passion fruit liquor), and LIGHT lemonade. So they are lower in calories but go down too easy ;)

After last year's recommendation from guitarob (who I actually SAW at the POLY POOL with thenewmrsb - very cool!), I tried the banana cabana and I love it! The name is so silly (I was thinking banana hammock and couldn't stop laughing) but it is a yummy drink!

There is also a blue/green something and a peach something :laughing: Obviously I tried the other drinks then lost track of what they were all called. HA HA.

Oh, and what about the backscratcher drink??? If you get those from the Tambu Lounge, they come with a bamboo backscratcher!! My DH and I each order one of these and then give the backscratchers to the kids. I don't think it is on the menu anymore but as of a year ago, you could still order them off the menu. But they are POTENT drinks!

Oh, and I have ordered my Tambu lounge drinks 'to go' and taken them back to the room. They will make them in a plastic cup for you.

"Banana Hammock"! :rotfl2: How un-Disney! :rotfl2:

Personally I don't worry too much about calories in drinks when I'm at WDW. I figure I've blown it so badly anyways what's a few hundred more?! :lmao:

No matter if you take the boats or ferries (or even buses) an hour and a half is a good buffer!

Put your request in no more than 10 days but no less than 3 days prior to arrival. So a week before is good! I always call and have them add it to my reservation.

You can take your lapu lapu to the pool but it is bulky! Although the pool bar has great drinks and they do cost less if you don't have the pineapple. While I like a good lapu lapu (in a pineapple), the poolside drinks are so yummy you'll want to sample them all!!

DSC00039.jpg

DSC00037.jpg

I would like to try one of these but, I know if I got one my 9 year old would want one after she seen how cool it looks lol. Do they make those with something in it that kids could drink ?

Mentioning blasphemy, Pina Colavas are not my favorite (DUCK!) :lmao: I love pina coladas but they are too thick to drink more than one. The pina colava is good but that raspberry syrup just adds more sugar and calories. So if I get one, I share it with my DH and then we go back to the 'juice' drinks.

I used to get the x-rated lemonade and now I think they call it poolside lemonade. I also make these at home now. They have vodka, xrated fusion liqeur (a passion fruit liquor), and LIGHT lemonade. So they are lower in calories but go down too easy ;)

After last year's recommendation from guitarob (who I actually SAW at the POLY POOL with thenewmrsb - very cool!), I tried the banana cabana and I love it! The name is so silly (I was thinking banana hammock and couldn't stop laughing) but it is a yummy drink!

There is also a blue/green something and a peach something :laughing: Obviously I tried the other drinks then lost track of what they were all called. HA HA.

Hehe, you saw me right after I finished a Banana Cabana I believe.

The Banana Cabana was my absolute favorite pool drink until last year when I discovered the Blackberry Peach Lemonade. That wins.

Now, as for mixed drinks at the restaurant lounges, I love me some Lapu Lapu, don't get me wrong, but last year I discovered the Kentucky Peach at the territory lounge. This drink is just absolutely amazing. They're a mix of Black Cherry Bourbon, Peach Schnapps, Sprite, a little mint and a couple other things that I've forgotten. Here's a pic of mine and Mrs. B's:

wl_kentuckypeach.jpg

I've noticed that the lounge menus are pretty much standardized and I ordered up one of those whenever I found them (the only place I didn't find one was at the Belle Vue Lounge at the Boardwalk). They are very refreshing and pack a nice punch. They should NOT include a straw. They go down way too easily for that. :goodvibes

Thanks! It's what I figured we would have to do. Never been to this restaurant, but we wont be going to any parks, so I figured we could go early and check out the stables, and such.:thumbsup2

I love Fort Wilderness, we like exploring it with the kids!:)

It can't come soon enough!!! I even put in to take the day prior to vacation off from work just to get everything ready, so I'm not running around with my hair on fire :scared1: the night before......:rotfl2: We are short that day, so not sure if I'll get it. Oh well.....:goodvibes

Good luck getting your day off!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter