ALOHA! The Polynesian Resort Information Thread: Summer 2011 Edition!

What a great deal, I have a friend in Washington and he rubbed it in about his awesome direct flight deal, y'all are so lucky.. hmmm maybe I should price that!!!:rotfl:THX...

It may actually be cheaper if you priced two separate round trips and came to Washington, spent the night by the airport, then flew out the next morning on a round trip from Seattle, then did the same on the way back. I bet you could save several hundred dollars on the right airline and if you booked far enough in advance. Its $189 one way from Seattle to Honolulu, so its $380 rt per person for the Hawaii flight. If you could get a rt from Louisiana to Seattle for $300, at less than $700 per person total, it's still cheaper than buying a single round trip from, say, New Orleans to Honolulu.

I have a room request, what is the best way to let them know my preferences? 44 days til I'm in a tropical paradise!!
Call the Disney Reservation Center, tell them your confirmation number and then what requests you have. They will then add them onto your reservation and it will be in their computer systems.

Call the Disney Reservation Center, tell them your confirmation number and then what requests you have. They will then add them onto your reservation and it will be in their computer systems.

The reservation center may not talk to them because they booked through AAA. From my experience they send you back to the travel agent. But maybe they will get lucky and get a CM that will do it!

Thanks Logpey for the update. The monorail cutbacks are humming me out but we will still have a great vacation!

It may actually be cheaper if you priced two separate round trips and came to Washington, spent the night by the airport, then flew out the next morning on a round trip from Seattle, then did the same on the way back. I bet you could save several hundred dollars on the right airline and if you booked far enough in advance. Its $189 one way from Seattle to Honolulu, so its $380 rt per person for the Hawaii flight. If you could get a rt from Louisiana to Seattle for $300, at less than $700 per person total, it's still cheaper than buying a single round trip from, say, New Orleans to Honolulu.

Thx for your time, I appreciate the thought behind it-just figuring the best deal on flights. I was pricing it earlier, still seems pricey, but I knew Hawaii would be --just trying not to throw away money where it could be saved! Thx again for your suggestions!!:hug:

How loud are the boat horns from the TTC center? We are going to request a Tahiti TPV, but my young son is a very light sleeper. Can you hear them with the sliders closed? What times do the boats run? Thanks.

How loud are the boat horns from the TTC center? We are going to request a Tahiti TPV, but my young son is a very light sleeper. Can you hear them with the sliders closed? What times do the boats run? Thanks.

The ferry horns from the TTC are barely audible with the doors closed, but can still be heard faintly.

The launch from the Poly to the Magic Kingdom is a little bit louder when it arrives and departs the dock at the Poly, but with shorter toots.

I've always just filed them both away as background noise, I'm a pretty light sleeper too and they've never interrupted my naps :)

The ferry horns from the TTC are barely audible with the doors closed, but can still be heard faintly.

The launch from the Poly to the Magic Kingdom is a little bit louder when it arrives and departs the dock at the Poly, but with shorter toots.

I've always just filed them both away as background noise, I'm a pretty light sleeper too and they've never interrupted my naps :)

I'll second what guitarob said, except I don't file the boat horns away as background noise. They're one of my favorite sounds of our WDW vacations. :cloud9: Just hearing them, on someone else's video or a live feed instantly invokes the Poly. :lovestruc

I'll second what guitarob said, except I don't file the boat horns away as background noise. They're one of my favorite sounds of our WDW vacations. :cloud9: Just hearing them, on someone else's video or a live feed instantly invokes the Poly. :lovestruc

Ditto. Would love to be hearing that sound, especially after the last couple of days I've had. :upsidedow

We are seriously looking at forgoing Disney next year and going to Aulani instead. Living in Seattle, we are so spoiled. We can get airfare to Honolulu for $189 on Alaska Airlines. I got a quote through Dreams Unlimited for a week next September in a partial ocean view room for around $3500 with a military discount. It's a little more than we would spend for a week at the Poly, even if I added in the Deluxe dining plan, but I've never been to Hawaii so I can justify the expense.

hi there from the evergreen state:cool1:,I was thinking of doing Hawai,but I just can not get past the extrem cost there. I am a golfer:cool1:,and It cost a arm and a legg to play there:scared1:. Yes the airfare can be a bit cheaper but for my money Flordia and WDW offers simillar weather and a little better cost and values.

OH, no, no, no... don't get me wrong... that "background noise" that I refer to is the soundtrack to my happiness :goodvibes I'm just saying that the horns are not something that stand out obnoxiously over everything else at the resort. Those horns definitely put me in a certain place in my mind every time I hear them.

Ditto. Would love to be hearing that sound, especially after the last couple of days I've had. :upsidedow

Check out the videos that I have posted here earlier in the thread... :thumbsup2

OH, no, no, no... don't get me wrong... that "background noise" that I refer to is the soundtrack to my happiness :goodvibes I'm just saying that the horns are not something that stand out obnoxiously over everything else at the resort. Those horns definitely put me in a certain place in my mind every time I hear them.

Check out the videos that I have posted here earlier in the thread... :thumbsup2

I did!! :thumbsup2 Just wish I were hearing it in real life. Sigh...just a few more weeks. If I can last that long. :laughing:

The excitement is killing me. I feel like a little kid counting down the days. Can't wait till our 1st Poly stay!! If anyone has been in later September and can speak to the weather I would appreciate it. I am a little bit worried ~ Thank you all for a great thread on the Poly!

I couldn't have said it better. :cloud9: I have watched your youtube videos on several occasions when I need a little fix from my happy place. :thumbsup2

The excitement is killing me. I feel like a little kid counting down the days. Can't wait till our 1st Poly stay!! If anyone has been in later September and can speak to the weather I would appreciate it. I am a little bit worried ~ Thank you all for a great thread on the Poly!
We were there last September around the 16th. No rain at all. It was hot, but not unbearable. Nothing compared to August. Enjoy your trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter