• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ALOHA! The Polynesian Resort Information Thread: September 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I was wondering if anyone who has been this month happens to have a copy of the recreation/movie list. We just decided to add 2 nights at the end of our trip. Staying club level for the first time (TPV), and so excited!! I'm just trying to figure out which night would be better to plan to watch the movie on the beach, and also wanted to check the pool games schedule since there are a couple games that my girls really enjoy. Thanks so much!!

Guess the construction outlook for our planned January 2014 stay is not looking good. Such a bummer since we so want to stay there this time around, although we will not be able to justify paying the Poly room rate if it might be a construction scene.

Selfishly crossing the fingers that Disney takes their sweet time starting this project...

I am regretting not staying here this past April trip since i thought by next year all room renovations would be done. Now it looks like next April will be crazy with construction. Oh how i'll miss our original Poly trips :(

Hi, I was wondering if anyone who has been this month happens to have a copy of the recreation/movie list. We just decided to add 2 nights at the end of our trip. Staying club level for the first time (TPV), and so excited!! I'm just trying to figure out which night would be better to plan to watch the movie on the beach, and also wanted to check the pool games schedule since there are a couple games that my girls really enjoy. Thanks so much!!

Not sure if this is what you are looking for but I have a list. Here are the movies shown nightly at 9:00pm:
Sun: Hercules
Mon: Camp Rock
Tues: The Lion King
Wed: Minsters Inc
Thurs: Lilo and Stitch
Fri: Tangled
Sat: Wreck It Ralph

Let me know if you would like the list of recreation activities.

Here now and I was surprised with the Lagoon View at the Polynesian, we have a beautiful view of the water, although we can't see MK because of palm trees.

Not sure if this is what you are looking for but I have a list. Here are the movies shown nightly at 9:00pm:

I would like a list of the activities. Thanks

We will be there May 30-June6 at CL. My first time at CL and my in-laws first time to WDW EVER and they are 76 and 79 yrs old.
I was very lucky to get a pin code to allow us to upgrade. :banana:
I am going to try to take lots of pictures so you can see what construction is happening and other things as well but I can't promise 100%.

Self-centered post announcing my recent addition of 3 nights LV/CL to our tri-split stay. After Poly, we ride the Sea Raycer over to CR for 6 nights, then gas it up and head over to WL for 6 nights.

I requested 3rd floor, without a connecting door and then noticed that there is only one LV room in Hawaii on the 3rd floor. It looks to be without a connecting door since it's at the very end furthest from the lounge. It would be just perfect, but odds are against us for getting that one room. Our last two Poly stays we received exactly what we requested, but we weren't CL.

Looking forward to reading more CL reports from those there now or going soon:hyper:

Wow, that sounds like a fantastic trip!!! :cool1:

What exactly is happening in 2014 with the poly? Thinking of return trip in February 2014. We loved it there this year but from what I am reading there will be construction next winter?

Yes, that is exactly what I was looking for, and I would love the list of recreation activities & pool game schedule if you have it!! Thank you!!!

We will be there May 30-June6 at CL. My first time at CL and my in-laws first time to WDW EVER and they are 76 and 79 yrs old.
I was very lucky to get a pin code to allow us to upgrade. :banana:
I am going to try to take lots of pictures so you can see what construction is happening and other things as well but I can't promise 100%.

We will see you in the lounge! We are there the 31st-5th.

I was just curious-- do you think they'll be adding more restaurants to the Poly resort area? Ohana, Kona and Captain Cooks already seem quite busy.

thanks!
jen

I was just curious-- do you think they'll be adding more restaurants to the Poly resort area? Ohana, Kona and Captain Cooks already seem quite busy.

thanks!
jen

I am wondering what is to become of SOA since the one DVC building is suppose to be located where the dinner show is now? :confused3

sjs314 said:
I am wondering what is to become of SOA since the one DVC building is suppose to be located where the dinner show is now? :confused3

From my understanding they are still going to have the dinner show, just a different location. From looking at the map I don't see where they would have room for it!

Sent from my GalaxyS II

From my understanding they are still going to have the dinner show, just a different location. From looking at the map I don't see where they would have room for it!

Sent from my GalaxyS II

Exactly what I thought.

Hey y'all, I'm planning a once-in-a-lifetime Disney trip right now for my boyfriend who has NEVER been to Disney.

The only reference I've seen to a one-king-bed room is the honeymoon suite. Is it possible to request that at the Poly?

We both have kids but we're not bringing them for this trip (we're doing a week in a family suite in the fall with them).

Thanks!!

I'm not sure if you are looking for a "one-bedroom" or a regular room with a king bed instead of two queens. If it's the king bed regular room, some of the newly refurbished rooms are supposed to have been changed into King Bed rooms. If I recall Tikiman's website post correctly, they were in Samoa and Rarotonga. Enjoy your trip! Love taking first timers!

What exactly is happening in 2014 with the poly? Thinking of return trip in February 2014. We loved it there this year but from what I am reading there will be construction next winter?

I just read tikiman s page but it isn't showing dates. Will construction be going on February 2014? Really want to stay here again but not if it is during construction.

Yes, that is exactly what I was looking for, and I would love the list of recreation activities & pool game schedule if you have it!! Thank you!!!

Not a problem! I took a picture of the recreation schedule because its more nicely laid out:

75681de94e4946e92d6bbf07a2646ba8_zps89108652.jpg

Sent from my GalaxyS II

I read (I can't remember if it was from Tikiman or not) that the speculation is the luau will be moved inside somewhere so that they won't have to deal with weather-related cancellations. I don't know if that would be in a reworked GCH or as part of one of the new DVC buildings (which seems unlikely because of the noise)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter