ALOHA! The Polynesian Resort Information Thread: September 2012

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by guitarob, Sep 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jenniferma

jenniferma DIS Veteran

do you think she could be wrong??

she was very adamant that this had changed as of the first of 2013. I would love to call and find out-- but I don't want to be on hold again for 50 minutes! I am going to post on tikiman's page and see if he knows... will let you know what I find out.

the more I think about it.. the more I am wondering if she was incorrect? This would make every room in Samoa (facing the pool on both sides) more money as well as half of Tokelau too? so confused.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. jandkmom

jandkmom Mouseketeer

That doesn't make sense at all. So they would be charging more just for balconies with pool views?! That would be a first that I think they would have to let everyone know in advance. We have no additional charges for requesting the same.

4. Wanna be Ariel

Wanna be Ariel DIS Veteran

I would call. That does not seem right at all. When did you book your trip? 2012? You should be locked at that price then? Anyway this was a scam? Please call again and make sure. This seems very off to me. Let us know what you find out.

5. brea

brea Mouseketeer

Unless I'm mistaken the quote given has a disclaimer to the effect of "rates are quotes and are subject to change up until the vacation is paid for"

I looked into that and came across that wording somewhere on the reservation site as I wasn't sure if my quote for the end of January would change either. Considering when you're going I'm guessing that you've paid your balance so I would look into that some.

I don't think there was a change on the room rates and if Disney messed up and quoted your for 2012 rates and you have since paid it off they should have to honor that rate.

6. jenniferma

jenniferma DIS Veteran

Technically I guess the CM thought I was changing my room from garden view to what is now "garden pool view"? I booked last year in 2012, but called yesterday (1/7/13). I posted on tikiman to see if he knew... might try to call, but I don't have the time today to be on hold for an hour...

7. DznyCrzy11

DznyCrzy11 "When you wish upon a star, makes no difference wh

No, I would definitely question the higher price tag, get a manager or supervisor if you have to!!! When you look at their website "pool view" is part of the standard room catagory so there should be no extra charge.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using DISBoards

8. Alli76

Alli76 Mouseketeer

The main pool in zero degree entry like a beach she will definitely be able to stand for a while but there are parts that will be too deep for her to stand

9. jenniferma

jenniferma DIS Veteran

calling-- on hold now-- will let you all know what they tell me :)

ok, I am SO confused. At first she told me that the standard pool room views were going to be $50 a night. Then she went and researched the categories and said, no-- they still have standard (with possibility of pool view)/lagoon/theme/garden CL levels.

So-- from what I could gather, she said there were some changes to room categories -- specifically she mentioned there is no standard/garden view room category-- but the pool room views were the same price as the regular standard rooms.
    I didn't know that there were even standard/garden view rooms at Poly, so this whole conversation left me more confused than before. It was also fascinating to hear the exact notes left on my reservation from my previous calls-- !!!

I am not sure for sure who is correct, but this CM told me the standard pool room views will remain the same price. (as what the website says)

10. DznyCrzy11

Someone else mentioned a disclaimer that says something to the effect of "prices are subject to change until vacation is paid in full", I do believe I have also read that before. That shouldn't apply to you since you already had it paid in full.

Sent from my Galaxy S II

11. brea

brea Mouseketeer

Gotta say I'm interested in this as I paid for Garden view and my two requests are Somoa-volcano-balcony and tokeleau-pool

so this would effectively add money to my reservation as well.

:eek::eek::eek:

12. maiapapaya

maiapapaya Totally DIS-tracted!

This is really odd/confusing. No where in the room category descriptions in the online reservation system is there a "pool view" or "garden pool view" listed. Other than CL it is Standard View, LV or TPV. That being said, when I threw in some random dates for May the description of standard view said "views of the parking lot or gardens" there was no mention of the pools. But there was no category that mentioned the pools. :confused3 Maybe they are in the process of recategorizing the rooms? Although if that's the case they shouldn't just randomly jack the price until that is spelled out, ie. if there is no pool view listed how can they charge for that rate?

What was their specific reason for the price increase? It also seems odd that if the CM that added the request to your reservation - and apparently changed the category of your reservation? - didn't inform you of the change in cost.

Curious to hear how this turns out.

13. DznyCrzy11

When I pull up the Disney website under Standard View it says "views of garden, pool, marina, monorail, or parking area." I'm also curious to hear how this turns out!

Sent from my Galaxy S II

14. maiapapaya

Weird. I just checked again and when I search for dates/rates in the reservation system the description is "Standard View Rooms are located in all buildings and offer views of the parking area and gardens." Then the system went down and said they are experiencing technical difficulties and can't process my reservation or retrieve my reservation ... maybe I broke it! :scared: :rotfl2:

15. Debrn

Debrn Mouseketeer

Standard Room with a Standard View
    View of parking area, garden, pool, marina or monorail at Disney's Polynesian Resort
    Additional adult charge of $25 per adult per night for more than 2 adults, except in Suites and rooms with King beds.
    Wheelchair-accessible rooms available
    2 queen-size beds
    One day bed
    Small table
    Chair
    Ceiling fan
    Bathroom
    Complimentary WiFi
    Cable TV, includes Disney programming
    In-room safe
    Voice mail
    Hairdryer
    Iron and ironing board
    Alarm clock
    Coffeemaker
    Refrigerator
    Microwave (on request)
    Pack 'n Play Playard (on request)
    Bed boards (on request)
    Bed rails (on request)
    All rooms are non-smoking

16. Tinks

Tinks <font color=red>I had the hots for my accounting t

Ok, I am crabby now.

I'm going to Disney for the Princess Half Marathon. I'm scheduled to stay at my favorite, the Polynesian. Now I hear that the volcano pool will be closed from Feb 18 - Mar 1. I'm bummed.

And I need to decide if I want to book somewhere else. :( No pool and no Hawaii building. Can't decide if it's a deal breaker. What would you do?

17. Wanna be Ariel

Wanna be Ariel DIS Veteran

That would be a BIG deal breaker for us.

18. yolie912

yolie912 DIS Veteran

Hi,

Is the poly scheduled for a rehab?
    Thanks!

19. maiapapaya

I figured out the difference, this is from the "Room Type & Pricing" chart from the website's info section on the Poly and what I quoted is from the room description in the reservation system. Either way, there is no "pool view" category. Still wonder what the CM's were talking about with jenniferma?

20. polyfor4

polyfor4 Mouseketeer

Thinking about booking a LV room for late May and have only stayed in Samoa. Does anyone have a recommendation on LV long houses or even a room number that had a great view??

21. jandkmom

jandkmom Mouseketeer

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.